BostonBobby is offline Associate Member

Any people paralyzed here???

Yup, I'm one of em got hurt May 2002... Lookin to see if anyone else is... Trade some info...

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about it bro...good to see you're looking to lift.

Aragorn

Bro don't even worry about it.. I'm having more fun now to be honest..I always lifted before... Can't stop now... Now I got the excuse not to work legs... hahhaa... Plus I'm doing wheelchair racing so I gotta get back in shape so I can win a marthon...
    Last edited by BostonBobby; 11-29-2002 at 12:01 AM.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Awesome attitude!! How'd you get hurt?

Going through an intersection lady ran a red light t boned me I rolled my truck once... The truck ended up on top of my back... Kind of a crazy accident...

Thats amazing that you survived. Any chance of regaining movement?

Good quote by Arnold. It seems to sum up your situation quite well.

Yeah definatly amazing I survived luckly 3 kids saw the whole thing and lifted my truck off me and pulled me out... Also I didn't have one cut on me that's the most amazing part.. Thank god for those kids also... I actually have gotten some movement back in my left leg and a ton of feeling... Just gotta keep pushin!!!

You should become a motivational speaker. You've experienced a major change in your life that most people would consider tragic, but you're so positive about the future. Thats inspiring. Keep pushin!!!

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Definately inspirational...keep us updated on how things go for that marathon.

Aragorn

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Absolutely amazingly positive attitude bro. Gotta love it. I admire your strength to make the most of life itself. I am sure you are a major inspiration to many. Keep us posted on your progess and your training for the marathon. Good luck and all the best.

Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member
    Man i feel for you bro... Lucky your alive thats all that counts... In august i got into a similiar accident these guys did a sharp turn hit me and my friend and our car flipped over twice. Lucky the only thing i broke was my meta carpal bone in my thumb but i got 3rd degree burns in my hand because it had came out the window the emt said i was lucky my arm didn't come off...Some guy had to pull me and my friend out when the car was upside down... In such a bad accident me and my friend didn't even really get hurt........Lucky your alive man good luck in whatever you persue....

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Hehe i thought you meant entire body paralyzed...wondered how you were going to lift

We had a wheelchair class in the Swedish championships. Only 1 guy entered but i think itīs fucking awsome! Shows you dont hafto sit in a corner just cause you cant use your legs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any people paralyzed here???-antoni_khadroui.jpg  

nuke is offline Member
    Cheers brother.....Its amaziong how reading something like this can put our petty daily issues in check !!

Keep at it bro.

freakout is offline Associate Member
    Yup... you are really very strong indeed. Thus do not give up on yourself because we did not either.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Do not stop believing. No one can make you stop believing except yourself.

This kid is amazing http://www.coltwynn.com ... It's amazing he's in this good of shape... Hopefully I'll be ready for a marthon next year... It's tough to train outside in the Boston area cause of the winter but I got a thing I can use in my garage to practice...

Bump

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    hey bro,
    the answers above( and the ones that will follow also) will show you a lot about the character of this board.
    these guys are here to help, no matter what, and youve brought out the best in some of them already.
    youre definitely an inspiration to all of us, and if you ever need anything board or otherwise, feel free to drop me a line anytime.
    good luck........

peace bb79
    Last edited by iron4life79; 11-30-2002 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks Barbells I apritcate that... Excess thanks for the bump...

fast is offline Associate Member
    I respect alot paralyzed bodybuilders/ahtletics..

*respect*

Bump

tatty is offline Member
    I commend you on your recovery and perseverence. Honestly, everyone else has said it best. You are a definitely an inspiration to us all.

Keep pumping hard and win those marathon's for the AR community.

MindBomb is offline Member
    Good luck with speedy recovery. I wish you the best. And you are absolutly an inspiration to all of us. God Bless.

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    hey bro that is a great positive attitude!!! i'm not paralyzed, but i do have some physical limitations.. i always trained, but after my accident i didn't think that i would ever train again. it's because of guys like you that share your inspirational stories, and all the great bro's on AR here that i overcame any obstacle that came my way. keep that attitude, and keep training you're an inspiration to us all..
    Good Luck

cooksbrut is offline Associate Member
    i know i am not one to say what we should have here on this board, but the admin might feel as though adding a forum for physical disabilities could be beneficial. My grandmother had her legs taken off above the knee for medical reasons, a forum like that might have helped me help her. with almost 9000 members it is quite possible that many of our members could be or have a family member/close friend who is in a similiar boat as the author of this thread. Boston bobby, if you don't mind how old are you, amazing story... good luck...I have never really trained legs very often, because of this i swear i will come this week.. actually thank you.. sometimes the strenght of others makes ourselves stronger

I'm 19... I was 18 when I was hurt... I'll post some pics once I find my digtal camera.. I know it's around my house somewhere...

B

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    Hey Bro best of luck with you training. Im sorry to hear what happened! Your a great inspiration to all of us!! I speak for us all on this board to wish you luck and hope everything works out great for you!

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Great attitude Bro .. I wish you the best of luck and all success, which I am positive you will have. With your attitude and outlook, good things will happen. You are a definite motivation and inspiration to all of us here at AR.

Hey guys I went to threapy yesterday and I did electro's where they shock the muscle to help it move.. Well I knew I had movement in my left leg but with the electro's it got some movement in the right going too.. So it was pretty good... Just letting you guys know the good news..

B

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    great news bro that's awsome!!!

Thread Information