Dazza21 is offline Junior Member

Does anyone know how pro-hormones ACTUALLY work???

There are alot of pro-hormones about, but how do they actually work? Starting h-drol soon but i dont even know how it works ha, i know side effects etc etc but if someone said 'how does it work' i'd be dumb struck.

Any ideas?

Right it's been edited now but i somehow wrote 'how do steroids work' first haha flame away, but if you didnt see that then all good.
    Last edited by Dazza21; 04-13-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Well you basically ARE asking "how do steroids work".

Something like superdrol IS a steroid , so if you're curious how orals work, google how "oral steroids work" or UTFSF

But a simple explanation would be they either increase testosterone or mimic the action of testosterone (shutting down test) and attach themselves to the receptors responsible for controlling protien synthesis and nitrogen levels in your cells.

That would be a fundamental explanation. If you want something more elaborate just go do some reading because unless some is in the mood they're most likely not gonna wanna explain it because its a bit of typing and you sound like you haven't even tried learning on your own.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    But a simple explanation would be they either increase testosterone or mimic the action of testosterone (shutting down test) and attach themselves to the receptors responsible for controlling protien synthesis and nitrogen levels in your cells.

That would be a fundamental explanation. If you want something more elaborate just go do some reading because unless some is in the mood they're most likely not gonna wanna explain it because its a bit of typing and you sound like you haven't even tried learning on your own.
    that answers nothing and is true for any hormone regardless.

basically, a pro-hormone is not active in its own right, but when it is metabolized by the body, one of the by-products (metabolites) have anabolic /androgenic effects.

so lets say for example you've injected testosterone, it gets converted into dht and estrogen, amongst other things. the process that turns test into those other hormones is similar to what happens with a pro-hormone, except what you are taking initially isnt active, the metabolite is.

Dazza21 is offline Junior Member

Admittedly i could of possibly refrased the question better but i have done my research, and that is why i'm asking the question. I haven't really found anything that describes chemically how h-drol works, i know others are bascially oral tren i believe and they do shut down your hpta and aromatise, but as for h-drol these side effects are almost nil. Your explanation may explain other pro-hormones, but as for h-drol where does your explanation come in there?

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza21 View Post
    Admittedly i could of possibly refrased the question better but i have done my research, and that is why i'm asking the question. I haven't really found anything that describes chemically how h-drol works, i know others are bascially oral tren i believe and they do shut down your hpta and aromatise, but as for h-drol these side effects are almost nil. Your explanation may explain other pro-hormones, but as for h-drol where does your explanation come in there?
    What are you talking about? H-drol shuts you down, can cause gyno, acne, etc.

The difference is like Jigga said, it's not an active ingredient, it usually is an analogue of a parent steroid it is trying to "mimic", once the pro-hormone enters the body it is converted into metabolites, however unlike injection or even transdermal the rate of conversion is very low (around 12%).

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Taking pro-hormones is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you lose. and if you lose, thats bad.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    Taking pro-hormones is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you lose. and if you lose, thats bad.
    ugh how so?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    ugh how so?
    you are dealing with a less-effective class of drugs, much like the handicapped are less-effective athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    that answers nothing and is true for any hormone regardless.

basically, a pro-hormone is not active in its own right, but when it is metabolized by the body, one of the by-products (metabolites) have anabolic /androgenic effects.

so lets say for example you've injected testosterone, it gets converted into dht and estrogen, amongst other things. the process that turns test into those other hormones is similar to what happens with a pro-hormone, except what you are taking initially isnt active, the metabolite is.
    No shit.
    Maybe next time read the bold and mind your rude ass business.

A simple explanation is what I already said it is, not what you repeat it is in a negative disrespectful way.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    you are dealing with a less-effective class of drugs, much like the handicapped are less-effective athletes.
    lol what a great answer. and people say you aren't helpful

Its not less effective for someone who doesn't feel like taking needles in their ass.

Its not less effective for someone who doesn't feel like taking needles in their ass.
    relative to oral hormones? i apologize for my unkind response earlier.

relative to oral hormones? i apologize for my unkind response earlier.
    thanks bro, and yeh I'm talking about something like superdrol and how it would compare to the MOA of winstrol , masteron , anavar etc

thanks bro, and yeh I'm talking about something like superdrol and how it would compare to the MOA of winstrol, masteron, anavar etc
    Superdrol is the harshest of all the oral pro-hormones out there with a di-methyl bond that wrecks havoc on the lipid profile and suppresses the HPTA within a couple of weeks (and you run it for 3-4 weeks so figure that).

I have had extensive exprience with pro-hormones before going into AAS, taking a "needle in the ass" is the least of your worries with injectables and are much less pronounced on the liver and body (if done correctly) than orals when compared to the cost and benefits of each.

Most people like Pro-hormones because they are legal and they can walk into GNC or go to any website and order it. That's it. No body wants to do research on how to shoot steroids because they think its some complex geometric equation and that injectables are somewhat "more harmful" on the body than pro-hormones when in reality pro-hormones are worse on your body (side effect wise) and you get less of the gains. Not to mention the majority of pro-hormone users are dudes who aren't supplement gurus and thus take OTC PCTS to bring back their HPTA.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Superdrol can easily give it's users 10-15lbs dry gains, I don't consider that to be lousy gains. In regards to its side effects, yes they are harsh but it also provides great gains.

Personally I'll be using m-drol + test c and use actual pct.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    i can say i have seen first hand amazing results from bedlam and spawn from guys in my unit taking them.. spawn seemed alittle stronger with more sides.. but after seeing people take them i have honestly changed my opinion on if pro-hormones work or not..

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    Superdrol is the harshest of all the oral pro-hormones out there with a di-methyl bond that wrecks havoc on the lipid profile and suppresses the HPTA within a couple of weeks (and you run it for 3-4 weeks so figure that).

I have had extensive exprience with pro-hormones before going into AAS, taking a "needle in the ass" is the least of your worries with injectables and are much less pronounced on the liver and body (if done correctly) than orals when compared to the cost and benefits of each.

Most people like Pro-hormones because they are legal and they can walk into GNC or go to any website and order it. That's it. No body wants to do research on how to shoot steroids because they think its some complex geometric equation and that injectables are somewhat "more harmful" on the body than pro-hormones when in reality pro-hormones are worse on your body (side effect wise) and you get less of the gains. Not to mention the majority of pro-hormone users are dudes who aren't supplement gurus and thus take OTC PCTS to bring back their HPTA.
    i'm going to dis-agree with you some what.. i think people go to pro hormones because they don't know how to get real stuff... i am kinda a gym buff i would say, have very impressive lifts and most all my friends are into working out.. i wouldn't know how to get real test C.. i have actually tried recently. but the truth is if you don't have contections i think pro-hormones are a very easy way to get started... i mean i have never done hardly anything.. and i'm now looking around, and i'm thinking about pro-hormones for that reason... so i don't think you can just jump to say hey its stupid people. maybe its just a large number of people that A, want to get their foot in the door legally. or B don't know where to start after going so long without..

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Depends whether you mean the old pro-hormones or the new breed. I don't think you can really class the current ones on the market as pro-hormones, as like Jigga said, pro-hormones were precursors to anabolic /androgenic hormones that the body converted into said hormones. Just as an example, 1AD which was pretty much the big one, converted to 1-Testosterone . The major problem was the awful conversion rates, most were less than 10%.

The ones on the market today are not precursors, they are the active drug itself, hence the overwhelmingly increased effectiveness compared to the old precursors (and the use of methylation). They are generally referred to as designer steroids or pro-steroids these days.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Oh and just to reiterate - much like oral only cycles of the real deal are inferior, so are the oral legal ones. These days the legal ones are in reality just steroids with potentially far worse side effects. Injectable test will always be preferable due to the more stable blood levels and only one pass through the liver. SARMS look promising though, if they can sort the sides and increase the effectiveness, I can see half of all gym goers being on them in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    i'm going to dis-agree with you some what.. i think people go to pro hormones because they don't know how to get real stuff... i am kinda a gym buff i would say, have very impressive lifts and most all my friends are into working out.. i wouldn't know how to get real test C.. i have actually tried recently. but the truth is if you don't have contections i think pro-hormones are a very easy way to get started... i mean i have never done hardly anything.. and i'm now looking around, and i'm thinking about pro-hormones for that reason... so i don't think you can just jump to say hey its stupid people. maybe its just a large number of people that A, want to get their foot in the door legally. or B don't know where to start after going so long without..
    Basically you repeated what I said

Pro-hormones are good to start off with, but alot of people doing Pro-hormones are unfortunatly teens and people who don't know how powerful these pro-hormones are. Now there are people like us that use them to our advantage intelligently so its not like I am saying only retards use ph's, because I used ph's before I went into steroid use . The thing is PH's give people good gains and they are legal and easy to buy thats why people use them.

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    SUPERDROL is not a prohormone
    M1T is not a prohormone
    and HALODROL is not a prohormone
    they are all steroids , they are active immediately in the body

4-AD was a prohormone
    1-AD was a prohormone

Prohormones become steroids once ur body breaks them down, thus being less effective then steroids, which are steroids always...

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    ugh how so?
    because if your gonna shut yourself down, you better damn well have "testosterone "

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    hdrol, epistane, superdrol/mdrol, pheraplex. I dont even use "Real" oral steroids anymore, all that shit has worked as well if not better for me, at a lower price, and legally (kind of).

I still use injectables tho. Along with the aforementioned.

Thread Information