H BOMB is offline Senior Member

has anyones weed ever gotten moldy??

last night i couldn't sleep so i opened my jar of heaven to find that the smell that brings smiles was gone. it now smelled like some $5 nickel bag. well when i dumped it out on the table there was mold every where. now this pissed me off bc this is expensive shit. so i clipped the moldy side and smoked the rest. very nice by the way. now should i throw the moldy parts out or smoke em and see if they aged to perfection. i'm assuming the worst i'll either be so high that i'll start tripin or just get sick and puke. what do fellas think?

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I've smoked moldy ass dirt weed and moldy ass KB plenty of times and I'm alive...so I say smoke on bro

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah brah - da kine. Da kine people make in there backyard gets moldy

Seriously, something has to happen between the harvest and the dealers to keep it from molding. Me and some buddies tried to grow it back in High School - and are shit did the same thing. Man - you should have seen his mothers face when she walked in and saw us thumblin' through a huge stack of it though... that was priceless!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Big Rush
    I've smoked moldy ass dirt weed and moldy ass KB plenty of times and I'm alive...so I say smoke on bro
    Right on Big Rush!!

Ive smoked moldy schwag before, and im still here too so...

thanks fellas

MDMA is offline Banned
    As a expert on every recreational drug under the sun (lol), I can tell you that that type of shit happens if u keep it in a sealed jar with moisture in it (and most KB is moist when you get it). Better off using baggies. If you're worried about it getting dried out, just lick the end of the bag and roll it up and seal it that way. Air still get's through the bag, but not enough to dry it out anytime soon.

Also happens to us growers if it's too humid in our grow rooms.... crap can waste an entire crop.

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Here's some advice from someone very familiar with the world of weed.

1) Sunlight.. if you keep it in a dark place, it'll mold alot faster.

2) KEEP IT IN THE FREEZER! Seriously! Keeps it super fresh.. no mold.. and you don't have to thaw it or anything before you smoke. Plus it's a good hiding place.. nobody cheeks the freezer for weed.

Also.. while making it nasty to smoke, the mold is supposed to make it a little stronger. Tho I personally don't think it's worth it!

bro that shit tasted horable. but i must say that is the highest ive been in a long time

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Got Gear?

2) KEEP IT IN THE FREEZER! Seriously! Keeps it super fresh.. no mold.. and you don't have to thaw it or anything before you smoke. Plus it's a good hiding place.. nobody cheeks the freezer for weed.

Sounds like we have a professional dope smoker in the crowd.... So someone else knows about the freezer trick too...

Originally posted by buff87

Sounds like we have a professional dope smoker in the crowd.... So someone else knows about the freezer trick too...
    Smoked my first joint when I was 12 ...

I do live in the pot capital of North America after all!

Colibri is offline Banned
    Drugs are bad.

Wrong thing to say on a steroid board

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    does that mean shrooms can get mold even when dried? or should i not worry..?

Originally posted by Iron horse
    does that mean shrooms can get mold even when dried? or should i not worry..?
    Euch... shrooms.

They should be OK. Probably a good idea to keep them in the freezer too tho. Never had any troubles with moldy mushrooms back in my HS days.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Frozen shrooms must be nasty if eatin' that way - shit, cow pie cookies!

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    i wouldn't keep the shrooms in the freezer..just keep them in the bag...it's a damn mushroom that came from under a cow patty, does it really matter if molds on it..lol..as far as the freezer thing ya thats a good idea, but you can't keep it in the fridge forever. and for some extra advice...don't break up the buds until you use them it makes the THC effect less potent..the more you handle it the less high you'll get..especially if it chronic and has crystals on it.. it also makes them dry up quicker...and for all the shwag weed out there just sprinkle some blow on it and it will be just fine...Madmax..

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Madmax
    and for all the shwag weed out there just sprinkle some blow on it and it will be just fine...Madmax..
    I remember doing that years ago!

Thread Information