Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member

Any else have abs that protude outward?

You know like how powerlifters and bodybuilders like Ronnie when you look at their stomach it bulges outward, but it isn't fat it is muscle. It happens when they push and tighten their abs repeatedly when they do all their lifts.

So I have it and I a couple of my buddies saw it and freaked out, first they thought it was just my belly which I thought was rude since why would I be muscular and fairly cut all over and then have a protruding stomach? Then they poked it and laughed.

I am kind of self-conscious about it, because basically my upper abs protrude outward than my lower abs (which don't get worked as often) cause slope in compared to my upper abs.

I guess I will never have that flat washboard ab look

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Pics of GTFO!

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    You know like how powerlifters and bodybuilders like Ronnie when you look at their stomach it bulges outward, but it isn't fat it is muscle. It happens when they push and tighten their abs repeatedly when they do all their lifts.

So I have it and I a couple of my buddies saw it and freaked out, first they thought it was just my belly which I thought was rude since why would I be muscular and fairly cut all over and then have a protruding stomach? Then they poked it and laughed.

I am kind of self-conscious about it, because basically my upper abs protrude outward than my lower abs (which don't get worked as often) cause slope in compared to my upper abs.

i have that exact thing...it sucks! im still trying to loose body fat to see if i can get that flat washboard ab look...i hate it

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by WARMachine View Post
    Pics of GTFO!
    ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by laduem88 View Post
    i have that exact thing...it sucks! im still trying to loose body fat to see if i can get that flat washboard ab look...i hate it
    Yeah Its not fat, its mostly muscle when I poke it is pretty hard, and I grab the skin in that area (when not flexing) to see how much is fat and there is not alot (my bf% is around 11-12% right now)

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    I like that look better. It's unique. Of course it's better suited for those who will never compete, maybe your internal organs are just larger comparitively.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    I like that look better. It's unique. Of course it's better suited for those who will never compete, maybe your internal organs are just larger comparitively.
    I didn't have it when I first started started working out years ago

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member

jbm
    I also have a protrude abs!

jbm

I didn't have it when I first started started working out years ago
    Hmm. I have a friend who has protruding abs and he didn't have them when he was younger. I guess it's just the bodytype you have and how your muscles react to stimulation. How do you train your abs?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    Hmm. I have a friend who has protruding abs and he didn't have them when he was younger. I guess it's just the bodytype you have and how your muscles react to stimulation. How do you train your abs?
    I didn't, not until recently have I begun to do abs, they just got muscular and tight from all the contraction and squeezing of the abdominal during other exercises/lifts. I do it subconsiciously apparently because I don't try to flex my abs or contract them when I am doing skull crushers for example or bench or dumbell pullover, etc. etc.

In the last year or so it has just become more muscle and more noticeable since the gear has melted away most of the "fat" that was there so not my upper abs bulge out and then it slopes inward. If I wear tight shirts or even shirts that cover me well, you can see it through the shirt.

It might sound cool to have when your in your 30's and 40's, but not in your 20's.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    My upper abs are like that, and I'm pretty ripped in the upper ab area, you can only pinch skin.

I've noticed in the morning, when I'm more dehydrated, it's less.

Keep in mind....all those pictures of guys we see on the .net, they have not drank water in 2 days.

But high cholesterol can attribute to it, and the size of your internal organs.

I suppose even some high fiber to clean ya out could help.

But we are ALL self contentious about something on our bodies or we would not be like we are. I'll never be satisfied but I'll always be in better shape than 90% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    My upper abs are like that, and I'm pretty ripped in the upper ab area, you can only pinch skin.

I've noticed in the morning, when I'm more dehydrated, it's less.

Keep in mind....all those pictures of guys we see on the .net, they have not drank water in 2 days.

But high cholesterol can attribute to it, and the size of your internal organs.

I suppose even some high fiber to clean ya out could help.

But we are ALL self contentious about something on our bodies or we would not be like we are. I'll never be satisfied but I'll always be in better shape than 90% of the population.

So a possibility is that my internal organs are getting larger?

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Are you on HGH? If yes, then yes.

I'm not sure bro, but it could cause it.

I know that big, hard gut, can be a sign of high cholesterol.

Assuming if you are on this board, and eat like any of us, you get a healthy amount of meat.

Ronnies is probably caused from GH.

Mine sticks out, past my rip cage. I too wish mine was in line with my rib cage, or under it even. Would make your chest stick out more, and abs more even.

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    "caption" My penis fell off

Quote Originally Posted by mho View Post
    Are you on HGH? If yes, then yes.
    No, no I am not.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I'm not sure bro, but it could cause it.

I know that big, hard gut, can be a sign of high cholesterol.

Assuming if you are on this board, and eat like any of us, you get a healthy amount of meat.

Ronnies is probably caused from GH.

Mine sticks out, past my rip cage. I too wish mine was in line with my rib cage, or under it even. Would make your chest stick out more, and abs more even.
    I know Ronnie's is caused by a mixture of high steroid dosages, HGH, insulin , and synthol use. But I haven't been cycling for long enough and I have never had high cholesterol. Sure I eat alot of meat, but that wasn't a problem before.

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Is that Nomad in your avatar?

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    My friend doesn't have this but he has a six pack and the top 4 abs are a bit sunkn into his body then is lower 2 abs protrude outwards.
    So when you go chest, upper/mid abs, to lower abs, it looks like the letter C from the side. Sometimes it looks like hes bending over a bit even if his back is straight, weird I know.

Hes never cycled and I told him not to be insecure it just looks like a muscular beer belly. But yeh, I do notice a lot of guys have weird unsymetrical/genetic quirks all over their bodies.. and I only really notice it on other people because my body is perfectly shaped =]

I didn't, not until recently have I begun to do abs, they just got muscular and tight from all the contraction and squeezing of the abdominal during other exercises/lifts. I do it subconsiciously apparently because I don't try to flex my abs or contract them when I am doing skull crushers for example or bench or dumbell pullover, etc. etc.

In the last year or so it has just become more muscle and more noticeable since the gear has melted away most of the "fat" that was there so not my upper abs bulge out and then it slopes inward. If I wear tight shirts or even shirts that cover me well, you can see it through the shirt.

It might sound cool to have when your in your 30's and 40's, but not in your 20's.
    I'd say try and do some weighted exercises for your lower abs to even it out a bit, but I'm in my 20's and I want that!

jbm
    My dick always protrude upwards! I don't know why?
    lolol!!!

chipfsu301 is offline Junior Member
    lolol!!!

LMAO!!

lolol!!!
    Because your in the gym next to a bunch of sweating muscular dudes

jbm
    Because your in the gym next to a bunch of sweating muscular dudes
    hahahahaha! shit I'm gay?

jbm
    Can I make your d*ck protrude?

remotely queued is offline Junior Member
    went to my moms the other day and she poked my arm and said my "arms are getting chubby, that's cute"....

**** other people dude.

oh and i found this on a website:

"Abdominal muscles bulge in their relaxed state. The abdominal wall is pulled flat when it contracts. If you improperly train abs, either by training to add significant mass and/or by neglecting other supporting muscles, your abs will protrude. You can see this in certain sports, such as professional wrestling - certain athletes is so lean that you can see their six-pack, but their stomach protrudes as if they have a beer gut! While it is possible to store fat internally (i.e. “beer gut”) and still have little fat underneath the skin, this condition is more than likely due to overtraining the abdominal wall while neglecting supporting muscles."

hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by remotely queued View Post
    went to my moms the other day and she poked my arm and said my "arms are getting chubby, that's cute"....

**** other people dude.

oh and i found this on a website:

"Abdominal muscles bulge in their relaxed state. The abdominal wall is pulled flat when it contracts. If you improperly train abs, either by training to add significant mass and/or by neglecting other supporting muscles, your abs will protrude. You can see this in certain sports, such as professional wrestling - certain athletes is so lean that you can see their six-pack, but their stomach protrudes as if they have a beer gut! While it is possible to store fat internally (i.e. “beer gut”) and still have little fat underneath the skin, this condition is more than likely due to overtraining the abdominal wall while neglecting supporting muscles."

hope it helps

That is probably true, like I said I never did abs till recently so I probably overtrained by the abdominal wall by subconsciously tightening and flexing my abs in all my lifts.

I have to start getting the rest of my supporting muscles in order.

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    A distended abdomen is hardly desirable.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore

i have the same thing

when im just relaxed and chilling, or in some poses... my uppers abs pop out more then my lower abs. sometimes the upper abs pop out almost further them my pecs in some poses!!!

but when i flex and concentrate on my abs... they flatten and stay even

weird thing is... ive never worked my abs. like specifically did ab excercises
    so between deads, squats and sex. (yes my abs burn and get a hell of a pump during sex) my abs get all the workout

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    My Penis is Always Protruding Some Girls ABD.

Thread Information