m16a2 is offline Senior Member

Airport Security -- Random Searches???

I got back yesterday from my trip back home to houston for thanksgiving break. I flew from santa ana - houston and missed both flights.

First on the way there, they hassled me about my ticket and wouldn't let me get on my flight. Then when I finally was allowed to get onto another flight, they targetted me for a 'random' search. The guy searching me almost got knocked out when he stuck his hands inside of the front of my pants (checking the pant button, or something). I was pretty damn angry with that overly meticulous search. Then when I went back to the front of the line to board my flight, the stupid bitch who was checking IDs told me that I would need to step aside for additional searching. I was like, how many fucking times do you want to search me? And the guy who just searched me told her that they had just searched me. She goes, 'oh sorry, i can't keep track of these things'.

Random my ass!

Then I make it to Houston, about 6 hours after I was supposed to be there, 3am. So, its time to fly back to cali, and I make sure I don't forget anything. I have my boarding pass, and ticket, and everything that I would need. I end up going to curbside check-in, and the stupid ass checking me in said that the 'system' wasn't letting me check in. He made me follow him inside, where he found this fat lady behind a computer and told her about the error. She said that there was a 'runk' on my record and that she removed it, and I should be able to check in now. We go back outside again, and he tries to check me in. Once again, he says that he cannot check me in and makes me follow him inside. He takes me to first class and tells me to wait in line there, and takes his stupid ignorant ass back outside. I goto the lady (continental) and she tells me that they don't know why he couldn't check me in, but now that it was too close to departure time, and they would not check me in. WHAT THE FUCK! So I missed that flight, and they ended up bringing a supervisor in, and that bald fuck sat behind the computer and told me that I would not make my flight. He told me taht I could go standby on the next flight and if I don't get on there, then 5 hours later I could catch the next flight that's not full.

So they make me get my bag X-rayed. I end up waiting about 20 minutes while they x-ray my bag, and they come back asking for a key. I gave them my key and they proceeded to rummage through my belongings. Thankfully, they didn't find my supplements in my hygeine bag, but it still pissed me off.

I make my way to the gate, finally, and sit and wait for a few hours. Finally the flight is gonna board, and they tell me that I will be able to get on. I proceed into the line, and as the lady checks me ticket she says, "oh, the computer has selected you"... and then he mumbles, "the computer has selected you". I ask her, what do you mean? did the computer select me out of standby for the flight? Then she goes, "no you were selected for our random search". I was pretty pissed at this point!!! I go and first thing I tell the guy is 'if you try to touch my nuts, I'll knock you out'. I don't know why it came out like that, but at that point I was just looking to box someone. The guy was cool, and didn't try any bullshit, but I did have to take off my shoes, be patted down, radared and all that fun stuff.

Finally I get on the flight and find myself cramped between two women and a crying baby.

In conclusion, FUCK airports. And does anyone else have these problems? I mean, is this just part of being big?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    FUCK THAT SHIT!!! That's fucken insane!!! Print that all out and send it to your local newspaper...get them into it...turn it into a public thing...sometimes those fuckers just take it TOO FAR. I mean how fucken hard is it to fucken know that you were JUST searched! And to what fucken extent they went to!!! GOD DAMMIT!!! Such assholes.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    i got a article the other day about this. it was a joke off the internet. i am not trying to be offensive to any race but i will tell you it.
    it proceeded to ask numerous questions about different terrorist events over the years and the answer to each question was a radical muslem age 19-40.
    it then said that airports and their security are not allowed to discriminate so when they do "random searches" they seem to pick on 80 year old congressional medal of honor winning war heros or republican senators while rag heads walk right on past.

i believe we need random searches and tight airport security but lets face it 90% or more acts of terrorism are done but 19-40 year old musilems with arabaric decent so they need to leave some normal people alone and lets look at what we need to look at----if it was me and i was on the plane(again not trying to offend but me and my family come first)i would want them checked out.

i had a friend of mine fly last year a few weeks after 9/11/01 happended and he saw a middle eastren(arabic) person on a plane he went to him and told him not to get up during the flight---weather thats right on or dont matter if your life is in doubt

Originally posted by Terinox
    FUCK THAT SHIT!!! That's fucken insane!!! Print that all out and send it to your local newspaper...get them into it...turn it into a public thing...sometimes those fuckers just take it TOO FAR. I mean how fucken hard is it to fucken know that you were JUST searched! And to what fucken extent they went to!!! GOD DAMMIT!!! Such assholes.
    Really! I was so angry after that search and then when that lady said that, I really felt like just slapping her. I mean, here we are trusting this bitch to make sure that the ID's are valid and no one gets on the flight who isn't supposed to be on, and she isn't even perceptive enough to notice that I had been searched, RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER for the past 5-10 minutes. Like, they made me miss two flights in a row, while they searched me and my backpack on both flights and searched my check-in baggage on the way back. I might as well just walk into the searching area next time instead of even standing in line. I mean, what if I had something personal in my bag that I didn't want the rest of the airport to know about? It's just fucked up.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Telling someone he cant even get up to take a piss is kinda harsch dont you think tapout? I know he was probly shacken up but not all arabs are bad. Im not arabic but if i was and someone said that to me id stand up as soon as we took off.

The Israeli airport defense should be used. They have people that are specilized in human behavior stand in the check in point and anyone that acts "wierd" gets a talk and analyzed(sp). Itīs far better then random searches that a computer desides.

i agree palme it was harsh not all middle eastern people are terrorists (it wasnt me who did it)--but things went a little crazy in this country (florida was real crazy) after this happended
    a college in south fla,within a hour after this happended,had a large group of middle eastern students outside dancing and cheering happy that it happended. its like come on thousands just died,people lost their families and you are out cheering it,you move to this country then act like that--thats just out right assinine--what the fuck

i saw a special on tv that had a canister that had raidoactive material in it,it was a test by a news agencey and that canister went through numerous countries by numerous means of travel and ended up in america without anyone taking a little look at it...scarry

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    If you were bumped off your flight by the airline and at no fault of your own then you should be entitled to free "silverlining" tickets.

Now I've done this a couple of times when my time really isn't of the essence...I will purposely let the airline I am travelling with know that I do not mind being bumped for the next possible flight...and when I am I am given back a "silverlining" ticket for the amount at which the previous flight is for. I have done on so with Alaska, Canada3000, Air Canada, WestJet Airlines, but not with Continental.

You are entitled to receive benefit for your time lost...enquire at the airport and I'm sure you will be compensated.

Aragorn

I forget to mention, my mom blames the fact that I am 'big' on this whole episode. And Tapout, I never saw anyone dancing and cheering when that shit happened on 9/11 (probably because I live in texas), but if I did, man, I woulda taken a baseball bat to some heads. I'm not even kidding, at that time, seeing that kinda shit would make me furious. I did, however, hear about some groups in the middle east cheering and having celebration, and everyone who heard about that was pretty upset. But I don't know anyone personally who started being racist towards all middle-easterners. That would be pretty fucked up in my opinion. The people you gotta worry about aren't muslims or middle-easterners... its fundamentalist extremists; crazy mofos

yea rampage it happended it started a riot--police were everywhere---news was telling people to stay away,i heard alot of them got kicked out of the school

i also agree that its the crazy fundamentalists you have to worry about ---but who are they---i have not turned into a racist towards them because its only a small % of them who do this shit ---but---i cant help but watch them closer when they are around cause you never know which one will do some shit---but i believe close to all americans feel that way now---you know ,dont hate them but be leary--thats what the new basically says to do

Originally posted by Aragorn
    If you were bumped off your flight by the airline and at no fault of your own then you should be entitled to free "silverlining" tickets.

Now I've done this a couple of times when my time really isn't of the essence...I will purposely let the airline I am travelling with know that I do not mind being bumped for the next possible flight...and when I am I am given back a "silverlining" ticket for the amount at which the previous flight is for. I have done on so with Alaska, Canada3000, Air Canada, WestJet Airlines, but not with Continental.

You are entitled to receive benefit for your time lost...enquire at the airport and I'm sure you will be compensated.

Aragorn
    How exactly would I go about making that claim? My parents are putting together a complaint to america west, continental, and expedia regarding this whole incident. I bought the ticket through expedia, and america west was the issuing agency, while continental was responsible for 2/3 of the flights.

You would be shocked at how disorganized these companies are. When my mom called continental to find out why I coudlnt' check in, they told her that I didn't have my ticket, which was pure bs. Then expedia said that I needed to goto the america west terminal to check in for my continental flight, which continental had no clue about. Then america west said that they wouldn't be able to put me on a flight unless continental would endorse the ticket, and the supervisor at continental told them to essentially 'go fuck yourself'. Continental wanted me to wait till the next day @ 6:45am while my original flight to houston was set for 3pm. Either way, horrible experience. Next time, I'm going to wear a hat, and a big USA t-shirt with the flag on it. As if being a resident all my life, paying taxes, and voting wasn't enough.

tapout, yeah bro, i gotta say that I am pretty tolerant towards expressing one's beliefs and free speech. there are alot of controversial issues that I don't support (gay pride, anti-war ralleys, bilingual education) but I never would want to silence them or harm any of them for excercising their right to free speech. But I think its totally different to publicly celebrate the deaths and harm done to the US, in the fucking US. I would take pride in knocking one of them unconscious, and I doubt any jury in the nation wouldn't agree.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    I've always had great service when it comes down to the point...the companies I've delt with never let me get close to making a complaint. Hell I had my "silverlining" ticket before I'd go sit down for a meal at Cheers in LAX.

Since you're still having problems then call the head offices of each company...human resources and the complaints departments...let them know that you're very unhappy with the way you were treated and when they start to give you the run-around ask for the person's name you are dealing with...let them know that you then proceed to call the Better Business Bureau...from there you should start to get somewhere. I know I have an article that I saved for one of these occasions...if I can find it I'll pm it over to you.

Aragorn

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    When I fly I get the slightest pat down because I'm in a wheel chair... I could have 10 bombs on me they don't even go ova me with a metal detecor because of my chair.. Kinda good but kinda bad because who knows if terroists do the same thing you know..

B

big palo is offline New Member
    fuck there are some racist bastards out there! 90% of terrorist acts are comitted by muslims of arabic decent? where do u get this shit from? what about about state terrorism comitted by america? im not gonna acuse every american tax payer and call them a terrorist, cause i know not every one gets a say in what bush wants, so dont put me into groups either. seriously tapout u are misinformed, cause i bet u could not tell between "arabic" desent and "persian" desent they both look the same...my point is too many pple wanna generalise....
    ....and by the way im muslim look middle eastern, 280 lbs i eat like a horse,drink like an elephant ,shit more regular then baby, and travel on planes more often then i care for ,so one word of advise,stop catchen planes cause i aint stayin seated!

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Rampage---I traveled with my 9 yo son not too long after 9/11. He got hit for EVERY randome search there was. I think it's luck of the draw. I recently flew down to Miami to have a reunion with my boyfriend. I flew United most the way and then switched to AA. Somewhere in there United didn't deliver my luggage or AA didn't get it. I ended up my first night with him having to wear my travel clothes to a very fancy rest.. Didn't really mind that I didn't have anything to sleep in (wink wink), but it really put a damper in my reunion...having to wait in line to fill out forms to id luggage, etc...I wrote to AA and they sent me a voucher towards my next flight. I've missed connections because of AA and they have bumped me up to 1st class and provided my meals. Also, if you ever lose your luggage for a short period of time, they will reimburse you for essentials.

You have to complain...don't let up.

C.B.

P.s.....sorry you had such a rotten trip.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    You guys are actually serious about random searches? How secure can that be? With that kind of system its only a matter of time before something else happens.

big palo
    for 1 bro in my post it said that i got that(90%) from a joke on the internet not a real stat
    for 2 i also stated in my belief that not all or also not a large % are muslem arabic terrorists just when shit happenens to americans its them
    for 3 i did not say that i told a person to stay seated it was someone i knew who did that--i would not do that ,thats not right to pick on someone because someone of their race did something when they did nothing to you--i wouldnt even fly.they say whens its your time to go you will go--but i dont want to go if its the pilots turn.
    i drive,i know more accidents happen there but at least i have the chance to swurve

Commando_Barbi, that trip sounds alot worse than mine. I don't particularly enjoy sitting in the airport (while I'm hungover) for 8 hours, but loosing luggage sounds ALOT worse to me. Regarding the searches, it isn't the luck of the draw in any respect, and I am proof of that. I get searched each and everytime, I was just upset in particular this time because the 'hands down my pants' and the lady asking me to be searched again when I just had some guy's hands inside of my jeans... and the missed flights too of course!

fast is offline Associate Member
    I don`t believe in that random search, it must be like.. if you look big or not "normal" they say "computer has selected you".

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Sorry bro, but this is very common now... Has nothing to do with being big.. Instead has to do with you be unlucky... What they do is have people picked out for seached before even entering the airport...

Did they make some kind of mark on your ticket? Like with red marker? That meant in the airport I fly out of that you are going to be seached...

I have flown down south 3 times in the last 4 months and every time I have been searched like this...

Last time I had it and started asking question why everytime I fly outta this one airport this happens... I was pretty pissed too and making a scene so the one guy pulled me aside and explained it to me...

I was pissed the first time, but let it slide, but the second time i had been down visiting my girl and we had.. We had taked a few sexy pics of us doing things anyway the fucking asshole seaching my bag pulls them out and lays them down on the table with everyone else walking by that wasn't getting seached to see...

I finally said look! It should be clear to you there isn't a fucking thing in my bag for you to find so do you mind at least putting my girls pics up because right now I'm taking it as disrespect and you and I are gonna have a big fucking problem in about 2 seconds....

At that point the old fuck got the point and got nervous and the search was over and then he tried to put all my belongings back in my carry-on the way I had them...

I told the old fuck to leave them alone and I would do it and also even though he was doing his job that was real fucked up and he's lucky...

I wanted to wreck that old fucker...And if I had the chance without being thrown in jail I would have...

Anyway bro, you're not alone this is the way it is now after those fucking terrorist fucks went and flew their little coward pussy ass mission...
    Last edited by Jack87; 12-05-2002 at 05:39 AM.

big palo is offline New Member
    Tapout, i knew u didnt say those things, i just thought u agreed with them..., anyway i have u wrong ,i apologise, these things are just really starting to bug me... u cant escape from hearing the word terrorist,muslim etc in the same sentence, shit i mean it is really pushing some bros who havent got the patience that i do over the edge, ..unhealthy...anyway thats the new world...
    peace...

accepted bro
    i agree things are crazy nowadays have to worry everywhere you go for something

Thread Information