Nibbe is offline Junior Member

Angry Why can't I stop smoking??

I've tried the patches, the gum etc etc, but I still just can't stop myself from buying more cigarettes?! I really don't wan't to keep smoking. I know that I should try to avoid situations where I usually smoke, but that includes pretty much everything I do, driving, talking on the phone, drinking coffee etc. This is a drug that should be illegal, damn it!!! If any of you know a way that'll keep me from smoking don't hesitate to drop a line here, any advice would be appreciated!!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Those pictures of the the cancer & the insides of what your lungs could look like don't scare you away from it ???

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Get a big rubber band and put it around your wrist. Every time you get a craving, lift the band until its tight and let it go on your wrist (the more pain the better). Apparently some people begin to associate the cravings with pain, and the cravings lessen. Never tried it but it sounds interesting.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    bro i just quit again two weeks ago. cold turkey is the only thing that works for me. the only thing that screws me up is every time i drive home to ny from school in fl i have to smoke. maybe it is the driving straight threw in 17hr. but then a couple of weeks later i am fine and stop.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Why can't I stop smoking??

Originally posted by Nibbe
    I've tried the patches, the gum etc etc, but I still just can't stop myself from buying more cigarettes?! I really don't wan't to keep smoking. I know that I should try to avoid situations where I usually smoke, but that includes pretty much everything I do, driving, talking on the phone, drinking coffee etc. This is a drug that should be illegal, damn it!!! If any of you know a way that'll keep me from smoking don't hesitate to drop a line here, any advice would be appreciated!!
    I think in your case it is psychological. For every occasion there is always a smoke. You feel naked when your not smoking especially when your driving or just anything you do. I think i know how you feel. I used to be the same way, but then again in your case i might be wrong. Like the dude above said cold turkey is the only way to really stop. Milking yourslef off just keeps the adiction going.

I tell you what man, take your smokes get them right now. Ok.. do youi have them? Well go get those fucking smokes NOW!. Ok. Now that you have your smokes take a real hard look at them. Now go look at yourself in the mirror with the pack of smokes. Ok Now if you can do this next step your golden. Take those 3-5$ smokes and flush every fucking one down the toilet. What you don't want to wast money.. Well FUCK MAN YOU NEVER GONNA STOP, YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR EVERYTHING!!!

PEACE OUT.

GLAD TO HELP.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Re: Why can't I stop smoking??

Originally posted by BigMike J
    I tell you what man, take your smokes get them right now. Ok.. do youi have them? Well go get those fucking smokes NOW!. Ok. Now that you have your smokes take a real hard look at them. Now go look at yourself in the mirror with the pack of smokes. Ok Now if you can do this next step your golden. Take those 3-5$ smokes and flush every fucking one down the toilet. What you don't want to wast money.. Well FUCK MAN YOU NEVER GONNA STOP, YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR EVERYTHING!!!
    Sir, Yes Sir!!!

Nibbe is offline Junior Member
    Ok, I just threw those buggers away, I let my friend take all my checks and my debitcard and she will do the shopping for me. As of right now I do not have any cigarettes and I have no money to buy any. I also have a rubberband around my wrist(thx excess for that idea). It might work! Man, if I pull this off there's like $30 a week I can spend on "other" stuff!! (if you know what i mean, nudge nudge, wink wink).

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    haha.. GOOD JOB MAN
    Last edited by BigMike J; 12-10-2002 at 02:09 AM.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You know I feel the same way about dbol . Talk on the phone pop a dbol, drink a protein shake pop a dbol. The after sex dbol is the best. It's really hard for me to quit because I go to parties and all my friends are popping dbol. Sure I have stopped buying them before but someone will always let you bum one off of them. And whenever I quit I just lose so much weight. I can quit for ten or twelve weeks but then I am always using them again.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    LMFAO!!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I quit smoking 2 years ago. I used the nicrotrol inhailers.

but i have to be honest with you, all the pills,patches and substitutes you still have to have a burning desire to quit

NOTHING will make it painless and easy, but if you can go two weeks you CAN quit!

Heh but DAMN it was hard, but rewarding. i almost throw up at the smell of cig's. what a change hehe

tatty is offline Member
    I quit about a year ago as well..coincindentally when I started lifting. I'm like buddha, I get sick from the smell of smoke and now i know what all the nonsmokers complain about.

If you have friends/spouses/coworkers who smoke it is completely impossible unless you keep away from them for a few weeks to get over the initial stages of withdrawl.

Basically, you have to have the will to quit. Fuck the rest...

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyone got a light?

J/K Nib....good luck bro...I smoke and I can't even think of quitting now....maybe I will before it puts me six feet under.....whenever that is....I have tried though and it is hard...especialy when you around those who are close to you and they smoke....

Good Luck Bud....

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    you do bring up a great point.

All the products in the world won't help you quit unless you are hardcore dedicated to quitting.

Once your totally ready then quit, dont try for someone else, do it for yourself.

djgoodspeed is offline Junior Member
    I smoked like 11 years. I stopped and quit been almost a year! And I still have to fight that !@#$! 500 pound gorilla on my back to stop from going and lighting up, everyday. It gets bad when some #$@% cuts you off in a car, or your boss @#$%s with you. Being on cycle has helped me from not smoking too. Just don't want to foul up a good thing.

So I'm going to get some dbols "You know I feel the same way about dbol . Talk on the phone pop a dbol, drink a protein shake pop a dbol. The after sex dbol is the best. It's really hard for me to quit because I go to parties and all my friends are popping dbol. Sure I have stopped buying them before but someone will always let you bum one off of them. And whenever I quit I just lose so much weight. I can quit for ten or twelve weeks but then I am always using them again."

Sounds Like a better addiction!

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbe
    I've tried the patches, the gum etc etc, but I still just can't stop myself from buying more cigarettes?! I really don't wan't to keep smoking. I know that I should try to avoid situations where I usually smoke, but that includes pretty much everything I do, driving, talking on the phone, drinking coffee etc. This is a drug that should be illegal, **** it!!! If any of you know a way that'll keep me from smoking don't hesitate to drop a line here, any advice would be appreciated!!
    A Friend at work is trying to quit smoking. He went to the doctor and the doctor prescibed him Zyban, he has been on this stuff for 3 weeks nows and says he hasnt had one craving yet. He was telling me about it and it sounds like its working. Just go see your doctor and ask him if he can help you. Nothing will eliminte the craving completely its will power that helps you quit smoking. You say you cant quit, but if your really wanted to you would.

xfade7 is offline Member
    strap some electrodes to your nipples, everytime you get a craving or smell cigarette smoke... zap yourself... keep it up until you never want to see a cigarette ever again.

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    A Friend at work is trying to quit smoking. He went to the doctor and the doctor prescibed him Zyban, he has been on this stuff for 3 weeks nows and says he hasnt had one craving yet. He was telling me about it and it sounds like its working. Just go see your doctor and ask him if he can help you. Nothing will eliminte the craving completely its will power that helps you quit smoking. You say you cant quit, but if your really wanted to you would.
    Zyban has some nasty side effects....they were worse than smoking in my opinion so I switched to the patch and it worked ok.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Great thread from 2002. I wonder if this guy has been succesful yet.

Oldest

Thread

Ever

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcut77
    Zyban has some nasty side effects....they were worse than smoking in my opinion so I switched to the patch and it worked ok.
    True, it does have some side effects, but not everybody gets them, some people can take it others cant, thats why you go for regular check ups with your doctor while you are on the stuff.

Thread Information