TheTegster is offline New Member

Question Body/Muscle Typing

I have read several articles on muscle profiling/ body profiles. Can anyone direct me to a site that would give me more info on this?. Also, how would I go about getting a test done on my muscles/body type?
    Thanks
    TheTegster

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Bro are you talking about Endomorph Ectomorph sort of stuff if so I,ll type up some info I have on it all and how you determine your body type.

Let me know

Billy

TheTegster is offline New Member

Post That would be great...

Billy Boy--

Exactly... That would be awsome. More specifically I am looking for info on the types of workouts that correspond to some desired results for each type. I have heard/read tid-bits about it but have never really found any in-depth info. Anything would be appreciated.

The Tegster

I,ll have to post it tomorrow bro as I need to read up all the info again!I think I have info explaining the types,diets and excercises.

Billy

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Body Type

What Billy is referring to is basic body types that you can pick up info from any body buliding book. Arnold Schwzernegger has a book out call The Encylopedia of Body Building that is a good one. Basically this is it in a nut shell. There are 3 types of body types. The first being and Endomorph are those that are bulit rather large and have a hard time lossing weight. The second being a mesomorph are those bulild with a really solid frame and although they may sport a little more body fat than they would like for BB it really is not that big of a problem. The third is called an ectomorph. These are the body types that are really small, have lillte or no body fat and are they people that really have a hard time gaining weight. It is really alot more helpfull to be able to "see" the body profiles and read a little more indepth info on each to really determine which one suits you the best. I would recommend buying the book I mentioned above.

As far as determiming your bodyfat ect. This can be done in 2 different ways. The first is if you are lucky enough to know someone with a submersion tank. The water displaced when you get in is fiqured into a formula much the same way scientist determine the density of different objects, This is the best way to determine your body fat as it is 98% accuraute. We have one at the local university here for the Football players. The Universitry will allow us to use it for free IF by chance I happen to wonder by while it is already filled and in use for any of the teams that the University sponsers. If not there is a 25 dollar fee to fill the tank.
    The secound way and which is by far the moct popular is the calibrator pinch method. This can be done at just about any reptuable gym with a fat % measureing device. This method is not as accurate as the subermerssion tank due to differnt techniques used by various trainers and it can be somewhat misleading. All in all though it is about 75% accurate and at least it will give you an idea of where you stand. I would reccommend however that if you have one trainer take your bodyfat with this method to stay with that same trainer in the future when you go back to have it check again. This may leaveate some of the differnt techinques used by many trainers since you are using the same trainer. Good luck
    Tobey

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    You are correct Toby, but to determine body type, there is a very simple test, that actually involves measuring the space between your inner and outer elbows, yep that is right. I went to a doctor who prescribed weight pills and he had a nice little chart and showed me how to use it, I used to have it laying around. Bascially you measure your inner to outer elbow while arm is bent at a 45. It does absolutely nothing for fat percentage, but the gauge you were speaking of, can be found at most any gym. Altough, you have to know how to use it, and accurately find out your body fat. You have to measure your tricepts, mid section and lower back. Yep lower back. Believe it or not, that is where most of us carry alot of our body fat. I found that harder to believe, but a body builder told me that and proved it. with all of those calculations, there is a standard fomula (some idiot genious figured this one out I guess), and that gives you the total b/f. Course the elbow thingy, was just to determine what kind of build/body type you were, very basic test, but made me see what class I fell in. Nice thing about the equiptment at the University.

Hell you are talking about old methods now!

There is also the measure around the wrist and knee to determine it and personally I don,t believe how this makes a difference.Honestly guys the simplest way of doing it is take a photo of yourself at 13-14-15 yrs old and look at your body.you will be able to determine it right there and then.

Billy

Hey Billy

Hey Billy,
    I want to borrow your time machine! j/k

Later,
    Tobey

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    What if your have genetically small joints but are big framed?

Pureanger your wrist and knee measurements are meant to directly relate to your body size I don,t think you can have small joints with a big frame can you?

Tobey machines out on loan bro!!

Billy

Body Type

I think I know what pureanger is talking about Billy.
    I have really small joints and am considered an ectomorph by bopdytype however because of my diet and workout routines over the years I have developed a really thick build. At 5'6" tall I'm presently weighing in at 176 and that is pretty stout for my height. But I'm still considered an Ectomorph, reguardless of my present weight and bulid, That will never change. Does that kinda answer your question PureAnger?
    Tobey

P.S. Billy let me know about that time machine, I'd love to go back to when I was 15. Ahhhh Becky Stewart now that was a girl! Oh yeah I was suppose to be collecting pictures was'nt I?

Hey Tobey I want to go back but with the knowledge I have now that would be good and there are a few girls I would like to look up and a couple of pricks I would slap

Oh hindsight is an amazing thing!!

Pureanger regardless of what your current build is it is taken from your youth thats why it is more accurate

Billy

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    good read...

Thread Information