chinups Guest

Shoulder Tendonitis

What do you do for this. I had a MRI done and this is what came up. Can I do anything for this, I am going to be going to Physical Therapy and getting injection but is there anything else I can do
    Last edited by chinups; 12-16-2002 at 02:09 PM.

chinups Guest
    Noone here experiences this?

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I've had a rotator cuff injury, but that's alot different then tendonitis...

I'm guessing they are recommending rehab or strecthing exercises and resting your shoulder along with anti-inflamatory drugs

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    I don't know if it's the same thing I have but I had a MRI scanning as weel and it didn't show anything. I've seen all kinds of doctors, physical therapist, kiropractors ect. ect. I had injections, anti-inflamatory drugs and special rehab and strecthing exercises. And God forbid it I also took a break of training. NONE of it helped remotely!! Not even a slight change.

Then I started to see a healer. Now many of you will probably laugh, but I didn't believe in this shit either but an hour after my first treatment I noticed a huge improvement. I don't know what did it, it could be psycological, I dunno and I don,t care cause it helped big time. I continued the treatments and I got a lot better but bit of the injury wouldn't go away, so I stopped the healing sessions and started deca /sust. cycle. I'm 3 weeks in and I feel better than ever. I'm not 100% yet but I'm getting there.

I'm not saying that this will work for you, just wanted to tell what worked for me. Deca & healing was the answer!! Strange mix but I'm not kidding you bro!!

chinups Guest
    Can you further elaborate. I am not sure what healing exactly is, there is alot of the freak Foodoo shit. Hey if it works I will give it a try.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I've had alot of problems with my RT shoulder in the past 2 1/2 years and I can definately vouch that having tendonitis is not a very fun thing at all. Getting rid of it for me was just the right combination of physio, stretching, along with ice/heat.......but the horrible part is that it seems that no matter how much of this I do, when my body decides its had enough, the tenonditis just goes away, in like a matter of a day or 2-no bullshit, kinda weird. Unfortunately with an injury like this time is going to be a huge factor as well.....so you can still train relatively pain free, and even make rehab more comfortable, maybe try an anti-inflammitory such as VIOXX or Celebrex.

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Yup is the voodoo shite thing I'm talking about!! I know I know, I don't believe in that shite either until this. And still most of the people giving this treatment are probably scammers. Might not be the solution but maybe worth a try!? It helped me a lot, but it didn't clear it 100%. Also I'm not sure we have the ame thing because I was never given a diagnosis!!

chinups Guest
    Going to doctor Thurday, getting anti inflam pills, shot in arm and Physical therapy. That is what I have planned for now. FYI -yesterday I did incline bench DB's and used the 70's for the heaviest set, how depressing is that.

Chinups ... be carefull with anti-inflamatories... they are real nasty to your stomach. When the doctor gave me some after I destroyed my shoulder at the Dojo many years ago, they bore an ulcer in my tummy. Not good.

Red

chinups Guest
    Good looking man. I never really use them at all, I have taken them once for 2 weeks.

THERAPY WORKS REAL GOOD

....if your not in any rush to get back....DECA works better with therapy too...i had a stress tear in left shoulder. did therapy for awhile and that hepled but i used the deca too and worked great....didnt do any stupid lifts for awhile but had real good intense work outs.....shoulder still feels great today..this happened over a yr ago....BTW what is the shot your getting in your arm..cortisone??...if so be careful with those too.. i hear those shots sorta eat away at the tissue but im not sure on that....

jody is offline New Member
    do not hav cortisone ijections.do not use antiinflams to train on.
    i had the same prob and did the above big mistake.i found a bb physio
    who used conventional and accupuntre the latter being a god send. if ur in the uk let me know i will give his location

chinups Guest
    I am in the US. So you think I should not use anti's and cortisone. And what is a BB physio........I have been trainging, I feel it but I am able to do most exercises..

Thanks

jody is offline New Member
    a bb physio is a bodybuiders physio.ihad cortisne injs great went from strenth to strength 6 months later injs wore off 10*worse.
    luckily i live in the midlands, uk so i had dorian yates physio handywho also happened to be ex mr britain .2 courses of accuppunture perfect.
    u hav to remem that an inflame tendon is b/c blood flow is restricted.
    yrs gone by i bielive docs used surgicaly open the area and slightly scrape it to get blood to flow.
    therefore accupunture and cost effectiveis the way to but try and find physio with exp with bb's

good luck

chinups Guest
    Thanks Jody

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I would also seriously look into trying a combo of physio and accupuncture.........and despite what some might say, not all anti inflamatories are bad for you when used properly, if you use them alot over time, then yes you could end up with an ulcer or something like that. Personally I would stay the fuck away from any kind of cortisone shot, if I remember correctly cortisone can creat Catabolic effects, which no one likes to see......just from my experience and opinion though.

viking250 is offline New Member
    I have bursitis which is an inflamaiton of the bursi sack in the shoulder. The thing that has worked best for me is an enzyme called bromalin (not spelled right) is a pineapple enzyme. I take 3000mg a day in three doses when its bothering me, and 1000mg when its not. Give it a week of no heavy lifting and lots of bromolin. It always works for me.

chinups Guest
    Nice. Good look

See if you can get the correct spelling

Thanks

chinups Guest
    I just wanted to let everyone know how this injury was coming. I think the glucosmine is really working and alot. I am taking a supp called flex a min, it is msm, glucosmine, and chodritain once in the morning, I also take a max strength 1500 mg glucosimine pill at lunch and bedtime. I worked out this week (at 85%) and felt great and did shoulders yesterday with out any pain. I highly suggest to try to anyone with this issue in elbow or shoulder.........

Thread Information