TheGame826 is offline Member

Anyone play college football?

just was wondering about whats its like to play football on the college level. I dont expect to know what team your on but please let us know how old u are and what year in college you are. Finally please let me know bout the experience, the tryouts, the games, the training, the parties, everything. thanks

Yung Wun is offline Member
    sorry brotha
    played highschool and rep
    but not college yet

Bump

Stormrider is offline Junior Member
    I'm playing High School ball right now. I've gotten a look from the University of Minnesota but don't know if I really want to play anymore. Lost the love for it I guess.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    ive gotten looks from a couple places cuz of speed...but i dunno if i wanna put with being worried gettin injured.

if i had the opportunity to play at some college i'd love to go at it
    didnt get to play football until my senior year at highschool
    cause school couldnt afford a team (well so they said)
    i petitioned to get a team but without no luck
    the principle wasnt into football he was totally against the sport
    said the sport was barbaric and too much unesscessary violence
    come my last year prinicple gave in and decided to let me and a couple of my boys go to a near by hs and play for them.
    i went through training camp made the team starting olb
    only played exhibition had to drop the team because of hs co-op hrs where interfering with game times
    unbelievable everyone was shocked b/c i worked so hard on getting to play and then this happens
    that was my last chance to show everyone including scouts what i was capable of. but no worries i had to focus on school before i could play
    it was one of the hardest things i ever had to do
    my boys that i had gone to the tryouts with are getting looks from penn state and michigan
    unbelievable

Stormrider- if you dont wanna go no more i'll go as your fill in

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    I played rep ball and I almost made team Canada for Jrs. I didn't make it cuz i was 5 months too old.. Pissed me right off! I was going to play at the college level. I was all set to go to St.Marys and play, but then I decided against it and came back to fire college! Its no big thing, but i just wanted to get my career going! Actually its pretty funny, cuz I got an email from my old coach the other day telling me that Eastern Kentucky is looking at me cuz they really liked my highlight tape and they want me to go to a combine. But i don't think im gonna do it. Fuck i was i knew that before i started what im doing now.. what can I say I just love firefighting now!

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    I play. Well the winters is the hard times, 3 workouts at 6 am, mat drills, constant running for an hour. Then you have to lift 4 days a week, in the after noon.

You pretty much feel like ur at college to play football, not for school

what postions do you cats play at??

MDMA is offline Banned
    played D End in Hskool. Only played two years... quickly switched my sport of choice. I found where the real badasses goto play: the mat

Its all about the grappling brotha

Middle Linebacker

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    2 years D1 Defensive Tackle. Lots of hard work bro...if it's something you truely love, you'll love every minute of it. If you played for everybody else in highschool, then you are going to get burned out really quick. I'm done due to shoulder surgeries, and I miss that shit every day. Good luck bro

Originally posted by broncojosh
    2 years D1 Defensive Tackle. Lots of hard work bro...if it's something you truely love, you'll love every minute of it. If you played for everybody else in highschool, then you are going to get burned out really quick. I'm done due to shoulder surgeries, and I miss that shit every day. Good luck bro

thats a sad story brotha
    cant play no more because of an injury
    only can imagine how that feels wanting to play and physically
    cant no more
    least you still keeping active
    i've been touch by the injury bug a couple times
    and it seems it only happens when i'm having a surperb season
    longest i been sidelined was regualr season but came back for the playoffs.

this year i wanna go out and play rep
    and just tear shit up. i mean i love this game been playing ever since i was 12. stopped when i was eighteen because of school and previous seasons i never really showcased my self well. when scouts where there i was sitting on the sideline with plain clothes. injuries really put a crush on my seasons. fractured my hip too many times, mashed up my ankle more times then i eat.
    truly this is my last year to do my thing
    if anyone has any advice its appreciated and things i should really focus on etc....

thanks grid iron brothaz

killaB is offline New Member
    what up bro,
    i play D1 ball in orlando, we just got into the MAC this year. if u are in love wit football then it is fun but it is for real a fuckin job. right now i am the scout team tail and it sux, spring practice starts in 2 weeks, we lift 5 times a week in the morning and practice and scrimmage every afternoon and i just run plays and get beat up on so unless u are ready for a lot of work college ball is not for everyone. i went from being an all state tail and thinkin i was the shit to gettin pushed around, so if u r thinkin bout playin just know u are in for some shit. but the girls fuckin sweat u. dont matter if u suck or not if u are walkin round with the guys on team or they hear ur name on tv and there all bout it. the parties are straight. all the ahtletes usually chill wit each other, there aint nothing better then drunk soccer chicks so football has some shitty moments but it is def worth it if u got game

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    I play for the Texans. Check the names on the expansion draft, you may have been drafted too and if so, we're waiting for you to show up to practice.

oh shit i was drafted too.. crap i better show up!

Haha i just got another call from a coach. He still wants me to go play. man I would love to, but i gotta fight fires now! haha. Man i miss playin ball, but i don't miss waking up sore as fuck! Man i love knockin the piss outta people. My job was the best!

we linebackers have all the fun

Thread Information