Hitman is offline Senior Member

Copied xbox games

Just bouncin off the thread about copying VCD has anybody found a way of copying xbox games on a pc then burning to disc, of course this question is for entertainment purposes only and no illegal activity shall take place..........HITMAN

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    One of my bros was telling me about this, but I really dont understand it.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I'm sure it can be done just like it was done on the PS 1, but pretty sure you would need a mod chip installed on your X-box or even PS 2.

Check out this site :

www.modchips.com

also, the the information on an x-box game is written from the outside inwards (opposite of a cd), which is one reason it's goin to be hard to do.
    Last edited by KeyMastur; 12-29-2002 at 09:40 AM.

Ive got the mod chip sorted but if its true KEY about the data being on the outer side inwards of the disc then its got me phucked.Probably have to wait 12 months untill someone comes out with a "back up" system to copy games which is what happens sooner or later......HITMAN

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Buddy of mine was telling me about a couple of games that his brother in law brought him back from Tialand they are burned in a different format. These games were PS2 games and they work on the PS2 without a mod chip.

There is a PS2 mod chip out there for PS2 games that are burned on the old format like the PS1 however this mod chip messes up your DVD player.

I will get some more info on it and get back to you

Yeah shredz i heard the same thing about certain chips puckering up the console. Also is there somewhere to download an all region disc for the xbox dvd player with out the need for a chip, i know im asking abit much since microsoft want you to buy original games and movies but there has to be an easier way........HITMAN

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    "Backing up" xbox games is a totally different ball game, in comparison to ps and ps2. First off, you will need a mod chip installed on your xbox to allow you to play backup games. Second, you will also need a switch installed on your xbox that will allow you to turn off that mod chip when playing online---if you mod you xbox w/o a switch, and connect to xbox live, your system will be banned from online play--even removing the mod will not get online gaming back for that system (hence the need for the switch) Finally, you cannot copy from disk to disk on a pc, you have to network your xbox to your pc, and ftp the files from the xbox to your pc, then burn the disk. Alot of work up front to setup, but is easy once you have done it a couple times.
    -Cy

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    I have over 50 copied xbox games. takes much more time to backup compared to ps2 games, but I don't mind. I also replaced the original 10gb hard drive with a 120gb hard drive and have all my games on the hard drive including some divx movies and nes, supernes, genesis and mame emulators. pm me if for more info.

Thread Information