skinnyhb is offline Member

who knows anything about fingerprinting?

a quick question for anyone who knows anything about fingerprinting or police stuff. first off, i would like to say that the event in question is nothing major, i didn't kill anyone or rob anyone. about how long does it take for a fingerprint match to show up? lets just say that something happened about a week ago and word is that the police took an object and are fingerprinting it. i am curious as to about how long i can expect before the cops show up at my door. also, i dont think i have been fingerprinted since i was about 5 years old or so, but i dont think that fingerprints change.

again, i want to make it clear that this event was just a small prank, no one was hurt or anything. i dont want anyone on this board to lose respect for me. i am really just stressing out about this whole thing, because if i am charged or whatever will happen, it will be quite embarrassing for me to have to explain myself to my community.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If it wasn't even a fellony - I doubt they are going to pull up National FBI records to get your prints from kindergarten. Also, how do they know to try and match it up with you? Was your name written on this object?

skinnyhb is offline Member
    no, my name wasn't on the object. but i was under the impression that they could just put it in a computer and it would come up. i guess some people got pretty angry about the whole thing, so supposedly the police told them they would be fingerprinting. also, the problem is, that there are only 3 sets of fingerprints on the object.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    If it was a prank and nothing further the police will not fingerprint...they will say so to help the situation but they won't spend the money on the time if it's not worth it.

Aragorn

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    At least in the Igloo village it's like that.

Aragorn

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    To tell you the truth, I don't know how advanced this shit is. My guess is they are using tactics to get people to fess up. And if it is less than a felony charge - they probably already forgot about the whole thing.

But if it is like spray painting or something... they will try and hit you up with other shit and push for fellony - I know from first hand experience. When I was younger I got busted for some local "artwork" and they found me with the cans. They tried to nail me for other shit I had nothing to do with... in the end I just did my community service and walked away...

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

Re: who knows anything about fingerprinting?

Originally posted by skinnyhb
    again, i want to make it clear that this event was just a small prank, no one was hurt or anything.
    haha, yeah right...we should meet up and make a break for the boarder together (see my post entitled "weird question...")...

-- clocky baby

Yung Wun is offline Member
    nah man they aint gonna got into fingerprinting if it was juss a little prank
    cops have more fun playing the bad cop good cop senario
    besides today cops wont lift a finger if its absolutely necessary
    too bizzy eating donuts.
    dont worry bro

Thread Information