FKNMONSTER is offline Junior Member

Who's a Bouncer here??

just wondering who outa the crew here is a doorman/bouncer, i myself am one, lets hear some stories, i got some myself i'll share later...

MDMA is offline Banned
    I ounce asked a bouncer why he was hired, because he was looking kinda small and puny. He said it was because he was personal friends with the owner and took like a decade of some kind of martial art.

So I asked him if he ever had to throw anyone out and he looked at me and said, "For 8.95 an hour, their lucky Im standing upright. For 15.00 an hour I might yell at someone as they run by, and for 25.00 an hour I might actually try to stop them. But for not even 9.00 an hour, all they can get me to do is stand here and wear this stupid shirt."

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Hell i never bounced but had plenty of job offers. I asked my probation officer about it and told her about the club owner asking me. And she was like,"what are you doing in a club?" Im such a dumbass.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    This is going back a long time but in the late 80's I bounced at a lounge frequented by university students (which was cool as I was in university at the time). I was by no means huge (about 195lbs) but the patrons were predominantly smaller than me and I was the smallest doorman on staff. Funny thing is, there were more fights and problems in that type of bar then the rougher places. Everybody was insanely drunk and felt they had something to prove. Plus there were two major schools in the same city so there were rivalries.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I was the head doorman at a popular bar at the shore this summer. I made a shit load of $ taking ID's from stupid highschool kids and selling them back to em but I would never bounce at a resort town again because the $ was in no way worth all the nonsense I put up with....

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    well i was one but at 5'10 and 200 at the time that really is not to threating and when i would get my ass kicked by 250 plus freaks(for some reason i can never get into a fight with someone the same size as me) that gave me problems with the law bc i would resort to unfair fighting(bats, chairs, bottles or what ever i saw when i was laying on the floor. almost got sued once. so i resorted to bartending instead. much better pay and way more ass, and my nose hasn't been broken since.

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    i used to bounce at a couple of clubs. I've had to throw a couple people out, but i tried to control the situation before fighting. Im getting paid 10 bucks an hour. Im not getting stabbed for that man. But im not gonna play the angel, cuz i had to beat up a couple people, but thats when talking didn't get through to people. Beer+Guys= fuckin pricks!
    I won't do it again, cuz its not worth the trouble. Its a cool experience though!

Yung Wun is offline Member
    worked all ages clubs when i 17
    now i'm 19 i must say theres a big difference in the clubs
    there more scraps in the all ages clubs i worked at
    the over 19 crowd is less into fighting more into picking up girls
    nothing really happened out of the ordinary just regular club scuffs

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im thinking of starting to get extra cash. Just need to get a bullet/stab proof west.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Best one, girl walking around bar, all of sudden heads downstair, with is storage, and off limits. By time i get down there she is pissing on floor, when i said what the F%^K are you doing her answer was ooops! anyhow, kick her out of course.

BIGBOD is offline Junior Member
    LOL at BigMike J! H Bomb, I don't know if I agree with you on that last statement. I am both a Head Bouncer and a Bartender and I worked the door for about a year and a half before I started Bartending. I definately got more offers for ass when I'm bouncing than when I'm bartending. Bartenders sometimes have to be more of a prick than Bouncers do. It's funny to see how many guys get intimidated by what your shirt says, or maybe it's just my size! LOL!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    So I asked him if he ever had to throw anyone out and he looked at me and said, "For 8.95 an hour, their lucky Im standing upright. For 15.00 an hour I might yell at someone as they run by, and for 25.00 an hour I might actually try to stop them. But for not even 9.00 an hour, all they can get me to do is stand here and wear this stupid shirt."
    This is my response to anyone that asks me why I work at a bar.
    When I throw people out I just grab them and push them out the door without hurting them. If they do take a swing at me, almost never, as most people don't want to fight anyway, I just choke em out then drag em out by their legs. The only time I will really take the offensive( meaning aggressive striking ) is when someone is fucking with another staff member.
    I work in a bar to meet women, and for only that reason. Guys that work there so they can beat up drunks are retards IMO. If you think you need to prove how tough you are there are plenty of tournaments you can enter. Enter one and you'll find out how tough you really are. My biggest fear at work is seeing people get thrown down concrete stairs, talk about a lawsuit waiting to happen. Anyway, I'm babbling now.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    i totally agree, i'm am the biggest prick. i get away with murder at work though. if someone is rude i just hop over the bar and then ten bouncers come over and we pick em up and throw em as far as we can out the door. yeh it just seems i get more ass bartending. it is amazing what girls do for free drinks. i let all the dickbeaters at the bar get these money hungry whores wasted then when they give up and realize they aren't gettin anywhere the sluts come runnin to me. of course nothin is free so i make them dance and take there clothes off on top of the bar. little do they know the shots that they just said were so yummy was grenadine and sour mix. ha ha. then when my boys come i have a whole comp tab to hook them up. no offense to the normal girls on here. those girls are in a class of there own.

FKNMONSTER is offline Junior Member
    it can get pretty bad at times, but i find communication with our club over the headsets is the key, if someone doesnt wanna go easily, we'll ambush them rather than have to fight them, although if or when we are assaulted we are allowed to destroy them... that happened last friday, some dude on pcp or somethin didnt wanna go, he was tryin to start crap with everybody, we were just gonna give him a warning, but he took his glasses off and threw a punch at another bouncer, i took him down in about 2 secs while the B gave smashed his face, then he was chocked out and dragged outside.... he put up a wicked fight, wasnt normal streingth for a 6'5" maybe 190-200 pounder.... thank god i'm not in the states and dealing with all the guns, canada's more into bows and arrows still, haha

fnkmonster
    i think we canadians are more plastic knife and fork people

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I try and stop the problems before they even start. #1 If I don't like the way they look or how they're dressed...they don't get in. #2 As soon as u notice someone is really screwed up...you ask them to leave before they have a chance to start a fight.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    You guys sound pretty level headed, which is good. I work with about a 50-50 mix of level headed guys and lunatics who would fight their grandma if she called them fatboy. I can't be the only one who works with guys that don't talk enough situations through. I can usually get someone to leave with words and gentle pushing until they see the door and truly realize what's going on but by then I've got them moving and off balance so they are out the door with a modest shove.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Ive known a few bouncers that rarely small, 5-10 and like maybe 180 soaken wet. And some of the meanest mother fuckers I've ever met. They'll take you down, no matter what it takes. Dont under estimate them.

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Well herez a story for ya bro.... One night me and two of my co-workers notice this large commotion around the Guys' Jhon.... So we automatically think thier is a fight and we rush in, only to find out that there was some chick on her knees in th middle of the Bathroom floor just BLOWING the hell out of some guy.... By the time we rushed in the guy was pretty much shimying up and we just had to throw the lil ho out the back entrance and remove everyone out. The delima came when we had to choose between throwing the guy out or cheering him on.
    .......In the end The guy was back on the dancefloor 5 mins later
    .......The chick had left the bar with her face covered in !!!!!!
    I know this sounds too bullshit to be true, But belive it or not this isn't the first time shit like this has happened at my bar.

ecko whats the name of your bar???

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Well Yung Wun if you are ever in Vancouver, BC on Wensday make sure U drop by the PIT PUB @ UBC

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Hah, i love these stories. I worked the door one night in my life, as a favor to my friend's girlfriend for all things (she had some stake in the bar...like 5% ownership or something). I'll tell you this much, for someone who relied on a fake I.D. as religiously as did I, I was a real prick to those who tried to pass them off on me. Based only on that one night, I think working the door is the best of both worlds. Any "problems" were more or less inside, with the two of us at the door instructed only to (literally) watch the backs of the guys throwing the guy out just in case the jerk's friends came up from behind and otherwise taking 20 bucks from early-30 year olds who weren't cool enough to get in without greasing the wheels.

Another story...i have a friend who is 6'10" and probably 375-390 or so in a real intimidating way. He grew so fast when he was younger (he was 6' tall by the time we in fourth grade or so) that he really can't "work" his legs and arms, but if you don't know that, there's no reason to think he isn't capable of maiming a lion...when in reality there's not to much ass he can kick because he jsut really can't move his arms or legs in a fight, can only hope to wrap someone up and fall on them. Anyway, he's drunk as shit on the dance floor, and a guy that size flopping around is a hazard. About three bouncers walk up ready to ask him to leave and as they get closer and see just how huge he is, they both (who were pretty big dudes in their own right) turn to me and ask in the most polite voice ever, "could you please make sure your friend finds a seat." Must be a few of those guys making 9.15. Hmmmm...that story was sort of anticlimatic.

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member
    I worked in a late night bar and we never had a bouncer. recognizing a problem before it gets to punching is the key thing and alerting as many coworkers as possible. Funny thing is that in 3 years w/o a bouncer I NEVER had a fight on my shift. Then they hire a bouncer and there is a couple of fights every month now.

People don't realize simple key things such as:
    0)calling the cops and hoping they will get there in time=you suck at bouncing.
    1)people are arguing and you just watch and hope nothing happens=a fight
    2)people are arguing and you get in between them to create a barrier=somebody throws a punch or throws something
    3)people are arguing and you touch one of them=the person touched gets more physical.
    4)younger people tend to fight more since they still do not know how to "handle" their liqour and tend to binge drink.
    5)people are arguing and you are dumb enough to let them stay after talking to them=50% chance of a fight 5 minutes later. Big reason why we have a lot of problems now. The bouncer and manager let idiots talk their way out of getting kicked out.
    7)guy arguing with his GF or someone you see him with often. kick both of them out. This is a tricky one.
    8)guy pisses off a girl he does not know because he is a drunk clown with no game and says something stupid. Tell him to get away from the girl,leave the girl alone ,and if he says one more word to her he gets kicked out. 90% of the time girls have no interest in hearing sorry from a drunk stranger even if it is sincere(I usually explain that to the guy in a nice way because some are sincerely sorry, but it's too late and does not matter). These guys are usually so drunk they think they are going to end up sleeping with a girl they just called a "bitch". hehee. Sometimes I just kick them out if they keep staring at the girl because you know they are trying to figure out a way to dig themselves out of a hole and some women do stupid things like telling a guy she is going to kick his ass. hehee.
    6)most importantly. most fights are because of a girl. that is why you go to a club w/o a girl some places will turn you away.

when you kick a guy out for bothering a girl=time to scoop.

If you bounce and are working the door be sure people have your back since that is the easiest place to get jumped and no matter how small a problem is make sure a coworker knows about it before you step in.

Lewd

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member
    funniest thing I ever saw was once two guys were arguing because one guy was staring at the other guys girlfriend(YAWN)...so the bouncer is working and I don't give a F*CK since I actually do want to see someone get their ass kicked instead of yelling at each other like a bunch of old ladies.

So the bouncer does not remover them from the bar and a couple minutes later tables are knocked over and the 2 guys are giving each other a bear hug. No punches are thrown and they fall to the floor screaming at each other about what they are going to do next. I felt like I was watching a fight on the show WONDER WOMAN. she always ended up just rolling on the floor with another woman

so I finally come over to help the bouncer and there are about 5 people including customers trying to pull these 2 idiots away from each other. These punks were so damn scared to get hit they would not let each other go so after about 2 minutes of trying to pry them apart. someone says just pick them both up. And we LITERALLY picked up these 2 idiots as they had each other in a bear hug and legs wrapped around each other. We put them outside on the floor.

So one of the clowns yell "WTF are you doing? get this piece of shit off me. when we were inside i was on top of him." and the other guy yelling "No way. I own you"

finally the GF's of the losers get them away from each other(nothing like your woman to save you from get your ass kicked) and they LITERALLY jump away from each other. It was so funny. And as they are walking away they are yelling at each other "I kicked your ass". i was laughing my ass off. If I only had a video of that lame event.

Lewd

That's one thing i forgot to mention is if you can tell someone with brains that their friend/BF/GF needs to go home and they are helpful because usually it is not the first time. "It's time to go home, but you can come back tomorrow" even if they are on going to be on the 86 list.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I'm a bouncer too, with about 12yrs experience on the door. I leave the bullshit stories in the bar.

Bouncer

Expendable is offline Associate Member
    bouncer here too.

Well, I can tell you that my Sensei's son found out the hard way that no matter how big you are and how many black belts you have, you're not bullet, knife or baseball bat proof.

The kid was a bouncer, big juicer and was extremely well versed in a few martial arts... he even wore a prison guard vest under his jacket. A pissed off "ejected patron" waited for him at the end of his shift and as he walked to his car, the guy creamed him in the back of the head with a tire iron...

Don't need to tell you the kid was out of action for several months... and they never caught the rat who did it.

As a few people have already mentionned, for barely $10 an hour, I sure as hell would not put my life at risk. When I worked as a store detective while in college, we'd bullshit the criminal to soothe him while the cops were on their way. For $10 an hour thats all they got from me!

Red

thegorilla is offline Associate Member

Bouncer

Bounced 7 years. F*ck being politically correct. They can tell me there not leaving when they wake up outside.

--TheInfamousApe

---TheGorilla

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I'm a bouncer at a daycare center.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......why are old threads being bumped up???

Thread Information