JP1570 is offline Senior Member

I messed myself up

So I'm skiing the other day. After 2 days of snowboarding, I've realized that 6'2", 230 pound men don't belong on snowboards, at least not this one.

Anyway, make a long story short, in an attempt to show off, I went off this big jump. When I "landed," the tips of my skis caught a bump right in front of me and I went head over heels. Typically, I'm a good skier, so my skis are set really tight and they did not come off my feet. My pole was attached to my hand and wrenched my left arm into a really awkward position.

Looking in the mirror now, I can tell it's somewhat dislocated; it seems to sit a little higher and a little farther back then my right shoulder. Need some help, anyone know what I should do, I'm really trying to avoid a trip to the doctor as I have no medical insurance right now.

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    How sore is your arm man??? if its dislocated is going to be very painful until its back into place. I use to pop my shoulder back in. Old football injury. I found if i wiggled my arm around it would slide back to place. After that its the old ice trick. If its dislocated get to a hospital and get it xrayed . you might have bone damage and that can cause alot of problems without medical attention.

It seems to be only slightly dislocated; it's been 4 days since it happened and I just noticed it last night. I had to point it out to my girlfriend before she noticed it. It hurt pretty bad when I moved it at first, but it wasn't unbareable, I don't think it's too serious. Maybe I'll try wiggling it around some more. Thanks for the advice. Anyway, like I said, I have no medical insurance at the moment and no money to pay for it. I'm looking for the most cost effective way to fix it.

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    oh yeah i know man... just make sure to get that ice on it man. you might just have a slight shift in the bone. what could have happened is that when you popped it out it could have slid back in, but got caught on some and didn't go fully in... if this happened, try wiggling it in the front direction(you said its out the back right) try not to let it heal with out it properly in man! If you do you'll have some problems down the road. Oh ya its gonna hurt like a bitch just to warn you, but it will feel alot better when its in.. you'll here a pop or something like that.. it sounds gross! haha. get some ice and good old asprin!

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Best advice I could give you is what Firefighter said: Ice it down bro...If it persists, you could try going to a charity hospital. Ya, its ghetto, but it's free. Hope you feel better bro.

Thanks for the advice Firefighter and BR. I guess it could just be really swollen because I keep jiggling it around and nothing is popping. Anyway, I've been out of the gym for a week already due to the ski trip, so I hope it's something that will heal quickly, one way or another.

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    Bro hit up a physical thearpist.... Thats probably your best bet for an expert assisted recovery...

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

Re: I messed myself up

Originally posted by JP1570
    Need some help, anyone know what I should do, I'm really trying to avoid a trip to the doctor as I have no medical insurance right now.
    ever seen "lethal weapon"?

-- clocky baby

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!

Re: I messed myself up

Originally posted by JP1570
    ...My pole was attached to my hand and wrenched my left arm into a really awkward position...
    hehe...that sounds like a kinky masturbation experience!

this is exactly why louisiana boys don't ski.

sorry to hear of the injury, get better soon!

tatty is offline Member
    I'd say if you were really adventurous, you could try popping your shoulder back in by yourself by hitting a wall...that's only if you want the 'movie' effect

Personally, I'd tape it up and head to a doctor...

Thread Information