Thread: toilet question

KeyMastur is offline VET

toilet question

anyone know how to lower the water level in the toilet ? if you lower the water level in the tank (say i put some bricks in a ziplock bag in there or something along those lines) will it lower the water level in the toilet ?? there's like 4 gallons and that's way too much to drain every time i flush.

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    yeah your corret bro depend on how big your tank is you sound like you got a great idea to lower the water level but why ?? your water bill that high?? by putting a brick in there will loser your water level i still dont see why other than u saving a few cents on your water bill

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    then again im so fucked up right now .. 1 bottle of goldschalger will do it to you so if i dont make sense dont blame me .. oh well back to playing spades with my group of friends down stairs

skid is offline Banned
    putting a brick or bag of gravel will indeed reduce the amount of water for each flush, but no, the amount of water in the bowl (after it fills) will still be the same

that's cause the water, after it flows from the tank into the bowl, flows up and over an inverted-U shaped passage (called the "siphon") and down the drain, and the water that doesn't make it over the "hump" (imagine a dam) stays in the bowl ... all you're doing is reducing the amount of water that flows over the dam, but the same amount is left behind

for a good animation, see: http://www.howstuffworks.com/toilet1.htm

we've been doing this in CA for years ever since the draughts of the 80s ... you'd be suprised how much you actually CAN save!

NOW by law, all new toilets sold here in the past few years are low-flow models, only using 1.6gal/flush

mammoth is offline Member
    I can't stand those low-flow toilets. I am a big man and nothing comes out of me but big manly turds! :-D I am always flooding those low-flow toilets.

skid is offline Banned
    hahahaha ... some work MUCH better than others ... Consumer Reports' latest review showed WIDE performance variations ... good thing to keep a plunger nearby if you've got a sh*tty one

Cali is offline Female Member
    EEWWW mammoth, bad visual there!!

When the floating part gets high enough it shuts the water off, right? So if you bend the rod the float thing is attached to so the float thing is lower, the water will shut off at a lower level won't it?

Did anyone understand what I'm trying to say??

skid is offline Banned
    yes, you're talking about the float in the tank, and yes, if you bend it down, it will shut off the incoming water at a lower level

just be careful your bending doesn't cause the float to come into contact with something else in the tank

Cali is offline Female Member
    I'm impressed that you could follow what I was saying with all of the technical terms I threw in there.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    If wasting water is a concern, get yourself a good shovel. Just remember that you should bury it at least six inches underground, otherwise dogs and raccoons might start wondering where the corn smell is coming from.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    LOL the topics we get here crack me up!

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    just go out and get a new shitter bro, the new ones are like 1.5gal per flush and if you are really into your throne then go all the way and get a gravity flush shitter---they flush silently and fill up very quick.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

dansteelman is offline Member
    I need more water in my crapper. Its only a 1.3 gallon i think. I have to crap, then flush, wipe then flush. so Im actually using 2.6...now hows that conserving water?
    Last edited by dansteelman; 01-15-2003 at 09:55 PM.

Thread Information