Thread: board respect

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

board respect

I am writing this because I am a bit disturbed. I have only been a member since of may last year and this is a very small amount of time compared to most of you guys. When I came along on the board I say how people communicated to eachother respectfully , how we each share our thoughts and knowledge with eachother for the better of our life's. This was to me a brotherhood or a sisterhood where we could go to talk and share information. Now to my point, in all the time i have been here I have never seen people posting drug pics. other than gear or posting themselves getting shot up and making a spectacle out of this and calling it humor. I have expressed myself on how I feel about this, only to be flammed. Now I might be sarcastic at times or you might think I am uptight and can not take a joke but the sarcasm goes with alot of people and as far as humor goes I can take a joke if it is even on me. Lately I have been seeing alot of this immatue kid type shit where we are bickering back and forth, challenging our other members in a manner which is not what I thought this board was about. i have never seen a mod or a vet or even some of the members who have been on here for years go and tell another member to go and get fucked or to shut the fuck up. i would expect this kind of nature to be found in a kids playgrond not a forum where adults can express there ideas and exchange knowledge. If I am off on this then I appologize, and I am surely not saying anything bad about this board. this board has been the best!!!! I have learned so much and I am still learning from each and every one of you, this is not directed at any one person or persons. I would just hope that we can learn to debate eachother if there is a diffrence in opinions in a more respectfull manner.
    Last edited by abstrack; 01-20-2003 at 05:34 AM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    abstrack I see your point but compared to every other board on the net this one is has the least flameing. I think for the most part the memebers here are respectful to one another.
    If you don't think so then go take a look at some of the other boards out there...

"If I am off on this then I appologize, and I am surely not saying anything bad about this board. this board has been the best!!!! I have learned so much and I am still learning from each and every one of you, this is not directed at any one person or persons. I would just hope that we can learn to debate eachother if there is a diffrence in opinions in a more respectfull manner."

Like i said, This is and has been the best!!! I am member at several other boards and this is the one I am only daily in and out. I am sorry if you have become offended and that was not my intention. Also I am not comparing this board to anything else I am speaking of just it and its nature. i have also stated that I have learned alot from the members here and i continue to learn from the educated minds that pre-occupy this board every day.

here we go again, i am not speaking bad about this BOARD period!!can we get past that, and for you to tell me to look else where is kind of bold of you in a sense. I am purely just stating some feeling in a manner that I think is just plain old speaking of the mind. I most certiainly agree!!!! that most if not close to all the members are very respectfull and I am not letting "a few bad apples spoil the bunch" Like I said I am just speaking my mind.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Abstract, I agree.

Mbaraso, He's not comparing AR to any other board. He's simply stating that this board use to be more respectful and, discrete esspecially where rec. drugs are concerned. You've been here longer then most of us so you should understand exactly what he's talking about.

xxxl83

whoa!!!!!!
    whew!!!!!!!
    thank you xxxl83, thats all i was trying to express. Maybe i went about it in the wrong way?, but I was trying to be as clear as possible without stepping on anybodys toes and sending the wrong message. Thanks again for understanding

if we can just watch what we post and watch what we say to eachother, were all adults for the most part and we all know when were stepping the thin line when posting a thread.

if you have steroid pictures post them in the right forum
    but we dont need to see your arm with 1.5" needle sticking out of it and it explaining what your doing?

if you decide to do coke or heroin, so be it but i dont think this board is about posting your nino brown coke piles and your personal heroin kit to all members.

"like i said I am not directing this toward any one person or persons"
    I just believe we need to watch what were doing because i have seen these actions become more and more frequent.
    Last edited by abstrack; 01-20-2003 at 11:15 AM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I understand what you guys are saying. And I'll admitt things were different when I joined but this board has grown so much since then and w/ as many members as we have now it's hard to keep that small tight knit group that it once was...

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Its all about size. Its not that mods enforced more rules back then, its just that people knew each other better and respect was easier to earn. You're right about respect. But one thing that confuses me is when people reply to posts that they don't like. Replying keeps it bumped, so let it keep falling if you don't like the thread.

its no that if id ont like a thread I go hay wire and get pissed.
    i can disagree in a respecfull manner and try to understand someones point, or not? but there is one thing i dont go doing is telling people to shut the fuck up, or go fuck off, or even challenge to a home town fight. it all seems to be ridiculous to me?? and if i do see the thread going no where in discussion than i will not reply to the thread. but i can see what your saying what is the sense in arguing back and forth if you dont like the thread being there.
    MUCH APPRECIATED fellas!!!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I am going with MBaraso on this on. I have been a member here for quite sometime. And yes things used to be different back when there was only 2000 members. The bickering just comes with the territory when the board is going like it is.

The thing that pisses me off is that when new members start flaming and telling off mods, vets or senior memebers who have been around for some time. You don't gain respect over night here it has to be earned.

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    Thats right shredz.. im still tryin to gain some! haha. anyways ya i understand what your saying, but where ever you go no matter where it is, theres always gonna be people who like being jerks!

still growin is offline Member
    I see both sides. Yes there is more bickering now, and even a little flaming here and there, but there is also 9000 members! It is tuff to control what everyone says. The board has definately changed some. We lost a lot of good bros, but alot more have stepped in. I am a member on a new private board with 1000 +- members, and it reminds me of the old AR. Everyone knows each other, there aren't too many people yet, and you need refs to get in. I love AR and I love AU! Long live the message board! Thanks Jason for all this

still growin is offline Member
    Originally posted by FireFighter
    Thats right shredz.. im still tryin to gain some! haha. anyways ya i understand what your saying, but where ever you go no matter where it is, theres always gonna be people who like being jerks!
    Well seeing as you registered 1 person before me, I give you my respect bro! lol

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by FireFighter
    Thats right shredz.. im still tryin to gain some!
    And you are? J/K bro.

All great points taken and understoon, but your not agreeing with me
    so FUCK YOU!!

haha j/k

now will someone rub my nipple and give me a hug??
    abstrack@protonmail.com

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Post like this is what gets shit started.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by abstrack
    All great points taken and understoon, but your not agreeing with me
    so FUCK YOU!!

haha j/k

now will someone rub my nipple and give me a hug??

I see your point also dude. Like someone just said, back in the day when there were only 2000 or so members, it was much different. It was great! But, just like a real city or society in this world, the greater the population, the greater the crimes, robberies, etc... It's just part of the territory or whatever else you wanna call it.

Only thing we can do is bare with it, and try our best to MODerate it. Hence the many many great MODS we have on AR. As the number of members increases, so do MODS.

Just gotta hope AR lives long and prospers. And the way it's going now (which is quite fantastic) i'm sure it'll be around for a long LONG time.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by tt333
    Mhm.
    Now chill people we are all on the same side.

*feeding time*

Originally posted by tt333

I have no idea what your talking about??

ANY HOO!!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by palme

Mhm.
    Now chill people we are all on the same side.

*feeding time*
    Just got done eating, feel alot better.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think it has gotten a little worse but don't think that those who continue to show disrespect to members go unnoticed. Often they are sent warnings via PM. None of it should be handled in the thread since it only makes things worse. I have never seen a group of mods or an owner more dedicated to keeping the integrity of a board than on this one. They don't win every battle but they always win the war.

Originally posted by Rickson
    I think it has gotten a little worse but don't think that those who continue to show disrespect to members go unnoticed. Often they are sent warnings via PM. None of it should be handled in the thread since it only makes things worse. I have never seen a group of mods or an owner more dedicated to keeping the integrity of a board than on this one. They don't win every battle but they always win the war.
    I truley believe in everything you said, thats why this board is the best!!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Thread Information