DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member

Me, a squat rack and some phones

Right I was in the gym there last night doing squats in the rack. And I was lifting heavy enough on my last set. But wasn't really paining too much attention to the bar becuase some numpts behind me where doing bent over barbell rows right behind me where I was squating really quite annoyed me because I was there first and theres an unwritten rule if theres someone there before you, you don't encroch in their lifting space. So that kinda had me caught unawares.

So, anyway I was taking my weight off the bar not realising that the bar was a long one and thus with me taking the weight off it managed somehow to unbalance itself on the rack and fell clean off the rack. I've never had that happen to me before ever. But the problem was that one of the lads in the gym left his phone and other stuff there by the squat rack even though he was over the other side of the gym doing shoulders with a group of lads. And yes you guessed it the bar fell and made a right state of the phones.

So anyway with the clatter that the bar made falling onto the floor I had your man over to me giving out about his phone etc.

At first he kinda came over with an attitutde which if people know me is not how to deal with me. So I started arguing with him that he shouldn't have left his phones on the ground esp next to the rack that is busy etc with people passing and dropping weights etc.

So that continued for a while with both of us kinda going no where. I must tell you that this guy was about 35 and about 6ft 4, I'm only 5ft 9 or 10 tops lol.

With that his buddy comes over who had nothing to do with the situation etc. Started coming over getting in my face and arguing really quite threating etc.

He started shouting you should pay for this phone bla bla bla so with that I started shutting down and not really listening to him and well when I do that I also start laughing at him cos of his anger with something that has nothing to do with him.

He was threating me, going "if you don't pay for this mans phone you will be getting yourself into untold amounts of trouble and there'll be people after you etc"

So I was just laughing at the outrageousness of all of this and well that kinda wound him up even more. He says to me you think your a hard man etc, he goes again you think your a hard man is it, welll come on outside I'll bait the head off ya. While he was saying all that he was pushing me and throwing his head near my face as in to head butt me etc I was still just laughing at him. Anyway needless to say his buddy who's phone I broke kinda calmed him down and told him go away and at that we bought agreed that we where both at fault and went halves on it.

But the funny thing is, your man who I broke the phones on turns out he's from near where I live lol and was chatting away to him and he's mad about cars had a 147 GTA and all lol. So all in all everything was grand and now where friends. That was my Thursday night in the gym.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    gee...i thought my life is full of drama oh well its a different kind

DCI
    Lmao, just cos your like Dukky riding away. Ya I know It's mad cos I'm the easiest going fella ever just seem to draw people on to me for no apparent reason.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    u didnt know dukkit is my son which i had no clue till he told me he is still waiting for his child support so in other words i am even worse

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Fvck him and fvck his fvcking phone. There is a reason, that there are lockers at a gym. People at my gym leave there phones all over the place and if I happen to step on one and break it, Tough fvcking luck, should've been in a locker. Unless you're saving lives there is no excuse to carry your phone in the gym. I wouldn't even have suggested going halvsies on it, it was his fault for leaving it around. You're being taken advantage of.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Phones do not belong on the workout floor, period!

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    Fvck him and fvck his fvcking phone. There is a reason, that there are lockers at a gym. People at my gym leave there phones all over the place and if I happen to step on one and break it, Tough fvcking luck, should've been in a locker. Unless you're saving lives there is no excuse to carry your phone in the gym. I wouldn't even have suggested going halvsies on it, it was his fault for leaving it around. You're being taken advantage of.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Phones do not belong on the workout floor, period!
    Thank god I wasn't the only one who thought that. Honestly if there was more than just myself in the gym I wouldn't have paid for shit. But there was him and that lunatic guy and about 5 others so I was slightly outnumbered Bruce Lee himself wouldn't have been able to take on 7 people lol.

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    u didnt know dukkit is my son which i had no clue till he told me he is still waiting for his child support so in other words i am even worse
    Lmao, good man with a Q7 and a bouncy castle in the back mint

Thread Information