Thread: 2pac or Biggie

tt333 is offline Senior Member

2pac or Biggie

I can understand why 2pac will probally go down as the best Rapper of all time but biggie? 2pac was always (or most of the time) rapping with some positive messages, talking about learning how to love and stop the hate. Talking about how hard it is with a single mother on welfare trying to support her kids. Alot of these rappers today just talk about the ice, the women, fast cars and so on. 2pac on almost every song had a message in his rap. But Biggie, I dont understand. Maybe some bros from the Uptown can tell me why he should be in the same catorgory with 2pac.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Biggie had a different thing going on... A NYC thing... There really is a big difference between East Coast and West Coast just like rap is alot different down in the Dirty Dirty South...

Pac will always be top dog for me... But Biggie is close behind....

Yung Wun is offline Member
    biggie even though didnt have too much positive things to say theres no denying that he was a good emcee he was better known as a underground artist but then reached to the commercial side of the bidness. why do people think pac is the greatest when you have this white phenom known as eminem then theres canibus,nas,chino xl very skilled emcees. i think pac is good but not the greatest lyrically there is better. i'm not hating on pac but
    what has he accomplished to be crowned greatest emcee

chinups Guest
    Well he keeps hitting the top of the charts every couple of months with shit that is ten yrs old. Think about that....I could not imagine what he and biggie would have accomplished....

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    I wonder about that too, chinups. They both should still be here making music...

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    I think 2Pac was definately one of the best lyricist ever. Eminem is up there also. Pac just had a way of saying things that everyone listened to. He always got his message out. Biggie was a good rapper but thats about it.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    2pac is the best he changed the game

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Biggie and Tupac are perhaps two of the greatest rappers the world has come to know. Their music will indeed live on throughout many future generations to come. However, I think NAS holds the title for the greatest rapper of all-time. Grant it, he doesn't have much competition today with all the commercial crap on the radio (Ludicris and JaRule first come to mind), but NAS is the full-package...versatility, style, powerful lyrics, and untouchable rap skills. In the world of rap, the man is in a class of his own.

JaRule is horrible and he doesnt have any skill. Nas is on top of the rap game and theres nobody that can compete.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    C'mon u guys are forgettin the true greats. What about the fresh prince and dj jazzy jeff? Or Vanilla Ice and Flava Flave, the hammer was great too. Well on a serious note, the one thing i did like about Hammer was his attitude, he wasn't a gang banger and he actually had nice personality unlike some of these eminems who have no personality at all, that and no matter where hammer performed he would bring like 100 ppl with him for like 1 song on a tv show.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by tt333
    JaRule is horrible and he doesnt have any skill. Nas is on top of the rap game and theres nobody that can compete.

Nas was probobally in on pacs murder.thats why i don't listen to him anymore..and thats the only reason he's at the top of his game.. i was talking to my friend about this yesterday..no offense to the new yorker's but biggie couldn't hold a candle to pac..pac was real... his messages were geniune...biggie was afraid of pac..thats why he never bashed him in any of his songs..(that's not a tough rap image to me)...same thing as puffy he's a bitch to...if tupac was alive today he would own the music industry. just like he did when he was alive...all the rappers back then feared him and they were right to ....not one could ever replace pac...not even eminem (which would be a close second to pac).....Madmax..

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Madmax

Nas was probobally in on pacs murder.thats why i don't listen to him anymore..
    I really don't think this is true at all. Although 2pac had skills he had a lot of enemies, and provoked a lot of it too. Remember 2pac wasn't always west coast, he started up in the east, and used to bang with Digital Underground "I get around". He moved to Cali when he was signed to death row and never turned back. Nas released a song with 2pac last month and even props 2pac and his mom in the song. "Thug Mansion" on Nas' album.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Both were groundbreaking rappers, but if I had to pick one Id say 2pac without a doubt. All the conspiracy with biggie and pac I dont think is true (but what do i know). As a gangster 2pac didnt have a lot of trust in him (and really who can blame him?) so its a shame things went down the way they did.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by saboudian
    that and no matter where hammer performed he would bring like 100 ppl with him for like 1 song on a tv show.
    I wonder why he went broke. I can't believe nobody had mentioned Ill Mitch.

Originally posted by Madmax

Nas was probobally in on pacs murder.thats why i don't listen to him anymore..and thats the only reason he's at the top of his game.. i was talking to my friend about this yesterday..no offense to the new yorker's but biggie couldn't hold a candle to pac..pac was real... his messages were geniune...biggie was afraid of pac..thats why he never bashed him in any of his songs..(that's not a tough rap image to me)...same thing as puffy he's a bitch to...if tupac was alive today he would own the music industry. just like he did when he was alive...all the rappers back then feared him and they were right to ....not one could ever replace pac...not even eminem (which would be a close second to pac).....Madmax..
    One thing I cant understand is why nas is on a track with 2pac. 2pac had beef with Nas so I really dont know why they would put Nas on a Track. If 2pac was still alive, I dont think he would've changed the way he felt about Nas and everbody else that he had beef with. Biggie would never come back and diss 2pac on any song. He was scared and everybody on the east coast was scared too. Death Row records was on top of the game then and nobody didnt even want to mess with Death Row. 2pac would of been killed no matter what, he had beef with alot of people and he backed it up. Alot of these rappers talk shit but never back it up. 2pac always did. Anybody remember the track "Hit em Up"? You could hear it in voice that he meant what he was saying. I liked the whole West Coast vs. East Coast. The east coast though didnt want anything to do with Suge Knight and the West coast. The next rapper I think that will be killed will be "50 Cent". He's already been shot 4 times, once in the head. He'll probally want even make through this year.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet

The east coast though didnt want anything to do with Suge Knight and the West coast.

Suge Knight is the most dirty evil ass MuthaFucker in the rap game and probably one of the most evil fucks on the Planet... I would love to see someone off his Big Fat ASS....

A nice kiss hello from a hollow point would work real nice... I still say that fucker had 2Pac shot up...cus he stood to make millions more from his death then if he was still alive... Funny how Pac got lite up so bad and Suge only got grazed by a bullet...

Makes you think....

Oh and JaRule is just a 2Pac wanna be... He needs a ass beating too...

Naz is for real and hardcore rap to the end...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    I wonder why he went broke. I can't believe nobody had mentioned Ill Mitch.
    Yeah wtf guys how can you forget about "fast and danger" or the powerfull "hey ladies fans". Ill mitch is the shit!

Madmax is offline Senior Member

One thing I cant understand is why nas is on a track with 2pac. 2pac had beef with Nas so I really dont know why they would put Nas on a Track. If 2pac was still alive, I dont think he would've changed the way he felt about Nas and everbody else that he had beef with. Biggie would never come back and diss 2pac on any song. He was scared and everybody on the east coast was scared too. Death Row records was on top of the game then and nobody didnt even want to mess with Death Row. 2pac would of been killed no matter what, he had beef with alot of people and he backed it up. Alot of these rappers talk shit but never back it up. 2pac always did. Anybody remember the track "Hit em Up"? You could hear it in voice that he meant what he was saying. I liked the whole West Coast vs. East Coast. The east coast though didnt want anything to do with Suge Knight and the West coast. The next rapper I think that will be killed will be "50 Cent". He's already been shot 4 times, once in the head. He'll probally want even make through this year.

lots of rappers have beefs at different times...snoop has had beef's with dre...dre with easy-e...tupac with dre....dre was on calafornia love but later they had a beef when dre left the record label..Nas is a punk...him and tupac had a beef...sad thing is the only people that will ever know who killed pac are the people that killed him...i'm sure theres alot more than any of us know about the beefs and enimies that tupac had encountered through his short life as a rap star...one thing is for sure tupac was and always will be the most geniune and hardcore rapper there is...and IMO Nas will always be a little bitch in tupacs shadow...his talent is nowhere near pacs..infact if you want to hear my conspiracy theory on it listen to the albulm Makaveli.."bomb first" that says it all..later bro's..Madmax...

I dont think Suge had anything to do with it. Wasnt Quincy Jones' daughter in the back seat when Pac got shot? I listend to Bombs First and that could of happened. I think if Suge found out who killed him he would go out and put hits out on every one of em. I think if Pac's mom thought Suge killled him she would have him sued or somthing. I mean shit she was in the Black Panthers, she could probally put a hit out on Suge. I never put to much thought into it about Nas having something to do with it.

Scooby is offline Junior Member
    2pac was a legend.. no doubt about it.. but i think that 10 years from now its ganna be close call with him and eminem.. that kid had alot of talent and if you listen to alot of his stuff and ignore some of the BS then you can really find alot of msges in his music.. 2pac is still top dawg in my list.. without the slightest shadow of a doubt...

scoobs

Thread Information