Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

What does your avatar mean, or say about you?

Well I think mine is fairly self explanitary. I've seen some great one's here, so let's know the story (if any) behind them ?.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I love cars and I think the lambo is a beautiful, fast, strong car.

Pain

mammoth is offline Member
    Elephants are known to have great memories and they also are very smart. They are also one of the most powerful land animals in the world. There are not too many animals that can cause massive destruction and devastation simply by talking a stroll through your local neighborhood. The Mammoth is the largest of there species. Smarts and muscle are the two things that I strive for, and thats why I picked the Mammoth! Oh and that was my knickname highschool too.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Good question...while reading it, it occurred to me that I don't recognize people so much by their names as by their avatars. When madmax switched from a firefighter of some kind to scarface it took me about a week to realize it wasn't the case that madmax had stopped posting and a pacino fan of similar stats and posting style had joined at the same time.

Anyway, my avatar is my school's emblem. As it's an ivy league school a lot of people might construe that as elitist. However, it's there to serve as a constant reminder to me of what I can accomplish. I failed high school english my sophomore and junior years (yet, by a loophole, was allowed to carry on to the next grades as my school had a rule that if you managed to get above a 95 on the department administered final than there was something else at play) and as a result wasn't even sure I'd be going on to school. I took two years off in between high school and college and basically read everything I could get my hands on, took the SAT's and more or less aced them, had an interesting story to tell as a result of my "non-traditional" rise and here I am today.

Bottom line: I keep it here since my bodybuilding goals seem at times as distant and unattainable as my education goals once were, and it reminds me that I'll get there someday.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    My current avatar which I tend to change from time to time is just in memory of my bike. I sold it to buy a house and then the guy wrote it off 2 months later. It was my baby! But just a matter of time before I get a new one!

D.L. is offline Junior Member
    if they're supposed to mean something I think I'd better cahnge it
    just thought it looks kinda funny... we've all got a little smelly fingered baboon insede

D.L. is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by D.L.; 01-26-2003 at 11:14 AM.

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    I wasn't really into fitness or bodybuilding until about 8 years ago when I first saw "Pumping Iron." Seeing the film had such a dramatic effect on me that choosing Arnold as my avatar seemed to be a small way for me to pay my respects for how it all began.

Colibri is offline Banned
    I like Lee Priest

My avatar is Red Ketchup. (gee matches my user name!)

He was a comic strip in a french Canadian comedy magazine from the 80's and early 90's. This was one of my favorite comic strips of all times.

He's a red haired albino genetic freak of nature built like a brick shithouse. Born albino, Steve "Red" Ketchup was never accepted by his father, a violent alcoholic Polish immigrant.

Red leaves home at 16 and goes to fight in Vietnam. When he comes back he is decorated for his bloody exploits (the massacre of over 200 civilians) and is recruited by the FBI.

Fighting the "Drug War" in south america, Red becomes addicted to cocaine and every possible drug, all of which make him stronger and more violent.

He's basically a loose canon, needed for the dirtiest jobs, but too dangerous for society.

If you can read french, have a look at: http://www.bdquebec.qc.ca/heros/ketchup/red.htm

Red

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Colibri
    I like Lee Priest

that thought had never crossed my mind bro....lol..Madmax..

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Mine is a progressive me - hence the green skin and purple trunks with a bit of excentuated shading - progressive like the HULK! I will update with a new weight and BF as I progress - next one is about 4 weeks out.

The current:

My first:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What does your avatar mean, or say about you?-hulkav.gif  

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    I always wanted to be a cop! haha.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    im irish and proud to be so. and while i do drink occaisionally, the beer is just in there because it was the only avatar with clovers that i could find.

Colibri is offline Banned
    Tada:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What does your avatar mean, or say about you?-clover-background.jpg  

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well mine is related to Star Wars (apparently, although i didn't know it at the time). I just found it from some "avatar" website that the AR bro's sent me to when i first became a member, back in fall of 2001.

I just like it cuz it's the same one i've had all my time at AR, also, cuz it just looks kool...like one crazy scary MOFO!!!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Mine is the picture of the Wizard Gandalf standing in the breech across the bridge of Kazaduum - the thing he is standing against is an enormous Demon, called a Balrog. If you have seen the Lord of the RIngs or read it, you know what I am talking of.

Point is, its not how big you are but how powerful when it counts - and that power comes from whom you serve (note my sig, which is the quote from that scene).

My old one was the origional colonial flag "dont tread on me"

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Homer simpson is the shit. And what better pic to have of my favortie cartoon character on a body building board than homer on lots of winny and fina!

Expendable is offline Associate Member
    mine is my third eye.

David B. is offline Member
    Mine is a picture of my best buddy, Clyde, when he was a kitten. I took that shot on the first day he ever went outside to prowl by himself, almost eight years ago. It was a big wonderful new world full of small fuzzy things to kill and eat.

--dnb

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    Mine is Trish Stratus... I want to sleep with her plain and simple.. haha...

B

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Mine is a logo of my favorite soccer team... Maccabi Haifa. Its from Israel of course. This year they are on a run to win their third championship in a row and 8th total.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    mine means that i don't have an avatar...=)

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Tolinka, thank you for demonstrating your respect by appropriately calling it "soccer" as opposed to "football"

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Mine is my dog saying F--- You Pay my ass or suck on this biatch!

jammergsxr is offline Member
    I love southpark and I want to look like triple h!

Mine is a representation of what I enjoy. At first, I'll have to admit, I took this job because I thought the work schedule would fit my lifestyle. Not to metion the benefits and the pension are great. I found that there was much more to it than that. I love the camaraderie that I share with my co-workers. Not just within my department, but with fellow firefighters across the country. I'm blessed with a job that is chocked with the greatest guys in the world. I would do ANYTHING for my fellow firefighter, and they would do the same. Another reason that binds me to this job is that I enjoy helping others. I think we all get satisfaction from helping people in trouble. It doesn't have to be as dramatic as pulling someone from a burning building or reviving someone who had a heart attack. It could be as simple as helping an elderly person back into bed or replacing a fuse. When we help people we are doing something good for them as well as ourselves. Did you notice after the 9/11 tragedy that people all over the city were trying to help others? I believe that people like to help people. I'm lucky ......I get paid for it.

xhybridx is offline New Member
    mine is me -=) before my first cycle tho. about 20lbs bigger now and not as lean.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by BigGreen
    Tolinka, thank you for demonstrating your respect by appropriately calling it "soccer" as opposed to "football"
    well actually i call it football, because thats the way its called but i said soccer cause i knew that few of you would be really confused

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    My dog Kuru, after he happened to get into the trash (he opened a door to do it) and found an empty container of sour cream. If you can see it, he has a dollop of sour cream on his nose. What makes it funny to me is the expression of Who me? I didnt do a thing

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I have yet to figure out how to pick, downsize, and apply an avatar. I know, my ignorance on the subject is troubling.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Mine is of my dog...I added the wink, sort of shows her personality...

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    I like Astroboy. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. .......................

gym sweat is offline Junior Member
    mine is a bit psycho.... his face is almost like that of Mike Myers of Halloween... anyway... exaggerated features and I work in a jockstrap alot...so hence....

123A is offline Junior Member
    South African Springbok rugby logo

G-S Guest
    Mine says "I'm 247lbs of American Nightmare".

Period.

adaptations is offline Member
    i like big butts and i can not lie...my other btothers cant deny...

Nah.....im actually a big fan of a nice ass.....and my last avatar....my #1 thing on a girl...and first thing i notice....is eyes...

so there ya go

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I love the Smurf's...couldn't find a picture of my favorite one "Hefty" Smurf so I picked my next favorite, "Jokey" Smurf. Which suits me cause I am a smart ass, wise crackin, joke playin SOB...LMAO....FOR REAL!

Plus little blue guys like Minnie things!
    Last edited by Butch; 01-29-2003 at 03:32 PM.

Originally posted by Nathan
    I like Astroboy.
    Ok I have to ask!

What show is that character from? I am sure I've seen it before many many years ago, waaaay before anime became popular here. I'm talking early 80's here.

Ahhh just did a search... http://www.astroboy.tv/ ahhhh yes! Mighty Atom! Coool! Might just have to download episodes on Kazaa

Wooo!

Red

Cali is offline Female Member
    Mine's Anja Langer because in my perfect world she's what I would look like. Well, with brown hair anyway.

I like the cowboy hat too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information