Terinox is offline The One & Only

Car Rental In The GTA?

Sup,

To all those brothers living in the TORONTO AREA ... do you know any place/company that will rent cars out to people who are over the age of 18, instead of the usual 21 age limit. My friend needs to rent a car REALLY bad for Valentines weekend, and he's only 20 years old (turns 21 like 9 days after he needs the car .)

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thnx

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I've used Enterprise, Discount, and Thrifty. All of them have the 21+ rule, and all of them charge a fee for drivers under 25. Try the small companies and ask to speak to a manager.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    I've used Enterprise, Discount, and Thrifty. All of them have the 21+ rule, and all of them charge a fee for drivers under 25. Try the small companies and ask to speak to a manager.
    Alright bro, thnx, I guess i'll have to keep calling around different places. It's pretty stupid ... but well what can you do

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    They have the rule for insurance purposes, meaning that insurance companies don't want the risk of a young driver in a rented vehicle.

I believe Enterprise does rent to under 24 drivers, but there is a SERIOUS surcharge.

Also depends what he wants to rent... a Neon or a Cavalier is one thing, forget about renting a Mustang or a Firebird.

Red

Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    I believe Enterprise does rent to under 24 drivers, but there is a SERIOUS surcharge.

Also depends what he wants to rent... a Neon or a Cavalier is one thing, forget about renting a Mustang or a Firebird.

Red
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't care, ANY car will pretty much do. Are you SURE about this? Cuz if so then I'll let him know and he can rent it from there, he said he doesn't care if he has to spend a lot of money. Wants it for the weekend with his girl. Although, he's got SERIOUS girl issues, and well ... i can't really get into it cuz it's way too long but let's just say it's been like 9 months they been together, and he thinks one weekend (V day) will make everything perfect. (She isn't sure what's going on with the relationship, and she's not really open with him and can't give him a serious answer). Some fucked up shit

Ok I called my friend who works in an Enterprise branch in Waterloo, she told me they used to rent to 18-21's with an insurance surcharge, but they no longer do it.

She did say it depends on the branch though. Some still do.

Red

mammoth is offline Member
    After seeing the movie 'Jackass' I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the rental age to 30!

Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    Ok I called my friend who works in an Enterprise branch in Waterloo, she told me they used to rent to 18-21's with an insurance surcharge, but they no longer do it.

She did say it depends on the branch though. Some still do.

Red
    Wow Red, thanks a lot!!! Owe you one

Thread Information