Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding...

Who has this book? I picked up a copy today and it has everything you need to know about bodybuilding except AS...lol....there are a few pages dedicated to AS usage, but it just bashes AS usage...anyway, looks like a kick ass book regardless. My diet and workouts will hopefully improve for the better.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I love this book. i bought mine back a few months ago.

gives me tons of great tips.

If you dont have it, get it.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    That was the first BB Book I ever purchased bro... It's a great book... I always thought it was funny how the subject of Steroids were all but left out of it though...

Guess Arnold didn't want that to get in the way of his political aspirations... Look at all the grief Clinton got over hitting on a joint back in the day...

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I got mine about two years ago. That does suck that he has almost nothing about AS. I was looking at the MuscleMag Encyclopedia today and it looks like a pretty good book to read. It has a steroid section but its a little bit outta date.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I read it front to back a few years ago - a very long read It's good... as far as getting the big picture goes... there were many things in the book that I did like and found interesting.

I remember him writing something in it like... ... the human body was not designed to be big and lean - so to be abnormal, you must train and eat abnormal... ... something like that - a good point.

Decoder is offline Banned
    I read that book a few times, It helped a little with setting up a good work out schedual, i was interested in the personal stuff about the body builders that he would mention.

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    This book has been my bible over the years. Note, though, that there are two editions of the book...the newest is called, "The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding" It still has all the good info from the first book but has updated info and more current pics as well. A highly recommended read...
    -zzo

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by zzo18
    This book has been my bible over the years. Note, though, that there are two editions of the book...the newest is called, "The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding" -zzo
    ya, thats the one i have...if you plan on buying this book, make sure and get the revised edition

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Love all the black and white pics as well, good motavation

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    Yup I got my just after christmas.. Its a great book... I don't think im gonna read it cover to cover.. that might take too long! hah

retired is offline Associate Member
    Great book, although I got my original inspiration for "Arnold's Bodybuilding for Men" and his autobiography.

Bill Pearl's training encyclopedia is also superb- less pictures, far more exercise variations.

Thread Information