Thread: book list

skinnyhb is offline Member

book list

after reading the thread about The Prince by Machiavelli, i was curious as to any other books you guys have found to be good reads. either that or books to stay away from.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What are you most interested in learning about?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    want some motivation? read steven covey's 7 habits of highly effective people...great read if you have any problems managing your time. i know this doesn't fall under the same category as machiavelli, however it is still one of my favorite books.

mammoth is offline Member
    Anything by Douglas Adams!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I couldn't even begin....but if you're looking for a particular subject area or genre, maybe i can narrow it down to the point i don't crash the AR server going on and on and on and on

skinnyhb is offline Member
    psychology and the human mind definately interests me a lot. especially criminal psychology stuff.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    See You At The Top-Zig Zigler...........best book I have ever read.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well this isn't Psychology or Criminal Psychology, and I know a lot of people dislike him too, but i'd have to say Stephen King is a GREAT writer. I just love his imagination!

Some of his books aren't really scary, but really make you think, and they fuck with your head a little, and THAT is what makes it scary sometimes!!!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    One of my greater interests (academically) is cultural production, and Robert Frank has two phenomenal and approachable books (Luxury Fever and the Winner Take All Society) that delineate the manner in which aspects of human psychology shape modern economic thought that classic economics would attribute to a more narrow understanding of the human mind. Paul Fussell has two excellent broad surveys of American culture and rationale (Class: A Guide Through the American Status System and BAD: The Dumbing Down of America). Lastly, Michael P. Ghiglieri (an anthropoligist at one of the UCali schools) wrote The Dark Side of Man - the book on this list I think you'd be most interested in. He traces origins of male violence in a rather unorthodox manner, both psychologically and anthropologically. I don't always agree with his conclusions, but it is an excellent read that raises some interesting questions.

Thread Information