"A life which is not lived to help others-is no life at all." - Einstein
    "Religion is the Opium of the Masses" - Karl Marx

manijak is offline Associate Member
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world:
    #1 The ones that make thing happen
    #2 The ones that watch things happen
    #3 The ones that wonder "What just happened"
    Unknown

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between" Oscar Wilde

"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax." and
    "The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophe." Albert Einstein

"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it." Malcolm X

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome." Isaak Asimov

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

And my favorite:
    "Only after the last tree has been cut down,
    Only after the last river has been poisoned,
    Only after the last fish has been caught,
    Only then will we realize that money cannot be eaten" Indian Chief

slicer91 is offline New Member
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    "Loved by some, hated by most, RESPECTED by ALL"- The Undertaker, WWE wrestler

"Win if you can, Lose if you must, but cheat at all times."- Ken Patera, powerlifter, Strongman competitor, and former WWF(E) wrestler.

"Rules and bones were meant to be broken."- Terry Funk, professional extreme/hardcore wrestler

hoss827 is offline Banned
    "If so many people believe in God and Heaven, then why do they fear death?" Me-2002

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" - James Dean(my favorite too man).

"Religion is the Opium of the Masses" - Karl Marx--The Communist Manifesto

"Some people just dont know when to shut the fuck up!"--Me, after I dropped this fata$$ who talked about my mother and i warned him.

(this really isnt a quote that makes you think, i just found it funny)

"Your honor what the fuck was he supposed to do ?? That little thug bastard had a BB Gun pointed in my students face!"--Shane Lewis, my tae kwon do instructor at court during the lawsuit...A kid pulled a BB Gun at me in the mall, i threw it out of his hand and crescent kicked him in the jaw, direct hit. Shattered his jaw and dislocated it . We lost the case in court...:-/

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    "Fuck fear, drink beer"

The great Stone Cold Steve Austin

Danielle is offline Female Member
    OMG..........i love all those motivational/ inspirational quotes.......i have so many...........i'll limit it tho:

"If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?" <~~~everytime i set a goal whether @ the gym, school, work........i always think of this

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."

"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."

"Remove failure as an option."

"The toughest part of getting to the top of the ladder, is getting through the crowd at the bottom."

and of course the ones in my sig

ok........i'll stop now.......
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Cleaner13 is offline Junior Member
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" (dont remember)

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Cool

"I'm not your problem, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken as Frank White in "King of New York"

My sig, its from the German writer Bertolt Brecht who was prosecuted and had to flee Germany in the 30's. He is speaking of evil always being present in the world.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navydevildoc
    Very interesting choice for this board... my Latin is not that good, but doesn't that mean "You are not free if you are a slave to your body" or something close?

"no one is free who is a slave to his body"

It is a reminder that even though bodybuilding is my lifestyle, it's not my life. It helps me focus on the other pleasures of life, and to ensure that my body is not the only way to happiness.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    "Regaurdless of what people have said or done to you, deep down there is good in everybody" my grandfather told me that

"Life is to short to be small"

"Bite me"

"you are the mirror in with your kids look"

skinnyhb is offline Member
    "sex after 80 is like shooting pool with a rope."

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Charles Barkely
    "You know the world is on a real fucking tilt when the tallest basketball player is a chinese guy, the best rapper is a white guy, and the best golfer is a black guy."
    That is so fucking true.

New GearGuy is offline Associate Member
    "A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
    - Walter Bagehot

"I didnt do it ,no one saw me do it you can't prove anything"
    -Bart Simpson

jersey juice is offline Member
    My favorite:
    "What was was, and what is is and this what is is what's happening now!" Paul Teutal Sr. from Orange County Choppers

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey juice
    My favorite:
    "What was was, and what is is and this what is is what's happening now!" Paul Teutal Sr. from Orange County Choppers
    Bro that's awesome! I totally forgot about that one! I was saying that for a while and people were like what the fuck is that!???? I love it hands down the best!

SID
    I'd expect nothing less from a fellow Jersey bro...

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Big T you got PM on AF

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer

The Usual Suspects

VERBAL: Who is Keyser Soze?
    VERBAL: He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. One story the guys told me - the story I believe - was from his days in Turkey. There was a petty gang of Hungarians that wanted their own mob. They realized that to be in power you didn't need guns or money or even numbers. You just needed the will to do what the other guy wouldn't. After a while they come to power, and then they come after Soze He was small time then, just running dope, they say... They come to his home in the afternoon, looking for his business. They find his wife and kids in the house and decide to wait for Soze. He comes home to his wife raped and his children screaming. The Hungarians knew Soze was tough, so they let him know they meant business. They tell him they want his territory -all his business. Soze looks over the faces of his family... Then he showed these men of will what will really was. He tells them he would rather see his family dead than live another day after this.(He shoots all but one of the Hungarians and then his wife and children) He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that - he was gone. Underground, no one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. Rat on your pop, and Keyser Soze will get you. And nobody really ever believes.
    KUJAN: Do you believe in him, Verbal?
    VERBAL: Keaton always said: "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze

cb25 is offline Banned
    Procrastination is like masturbation...it may seem like fun at the time, but in the end, you're just f*king yourself.

sorry...couldn't help it, stupid as it was...

"to truly know yourself, you must assert yourself" Albert Camus (I believe?)

i've got more...but i'm having a brain fart...i'll have to check back later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information