Terinox is offline The One & Only

Montreal's Backup Goalie?!?

Okay, so, Montreal traded Jeff Hacket for Sundrstum or something like that right? So who the hell do we have to goalies now? I can't seem to find the information on nhl.com, and their own websites says that Theodore is the only goalie we have (which is not possible).

So, who's our backup?!?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Mathieu Garon

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Mathieu Garon
    Thanks for the bad news

I dunno man, we were doing AMAZING with Andy Moog (i think that was our best year), but then the jackass had to go and retire

Good luck to the HABS!!!

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    Sorry my Canadian bros....but.......the REDWINGS RULE!!!

Originally posted by zzo18
    Sorry my Canadian bros....but.......the REDWINGS RULE!!!
    No offense, but Detroit can kiss my ass

Just kidding, but seriously, they are just (in my opinion) a money team! If Montreal had the money/management that Detroit did, we'd have all the expensive players too

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Terinox

No offense, but Detroit can kiss my ass

Just kidding, but seriously, they are just (in my opinion) a money team! If Montreal had the money/management that Detroit did, we'd have all the expensive players too

what about the blues fucko.....were going to win the cup...probobally not blues suck and i hate hockey, to many damn canadians with sticks.......Madmax..

Funny thing is that the best goalie we ever had here in Montreal - Patrick Roy - lived 4 houses down the street from me for years and years when I used to live with my parents.

Red

Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    Funny thing is that the best goalie we ever had here in Montreal - Patrick Roy - lived 4 houses down the street from me for years and years when I used to live with my parents.

Red
    You know what, I should make clear what I meant. Patrick Roy TRULY was the best goalie Montreal ever had. What I actually meant was after he left, things started going downhill from there, and we started losing way too many good players (and the other ones just got too old). But, I really think from the time Roy left, Andy Moog was the next best thing (to happen to Montreal), I mean if you remember HE REALLY played good for us!! With his help we made it to the second round I believe. But whatever, some think he wasn't anything big, I just really liked him.

If that damn American owner of the Canadians doesn't fix things up, this team is gonna go to the shitter!!! But then again, who knows, maybe he's doing this shit on purpose just so the team looks bad, and then it'll be easier to move them down to the US

retired is offline Associate Member
    Garon is actually very good, he may have better physical tools than Theodore (but Josee has the mind of steel).

Goaltending is not Montreal's problem, they have no legitimate first (or second, or third, or fourth) defenseman who can move the puck up the ice. The last player that came close was Mahlahov, and he was the number five (?) defenseman for NJ after he was traded there. Stephan Quintal is finished as an NHL player, and Brisebois is at most a fifth defensman.

Trading Hackett to SJ-Boston was absolutely moronic, the Habs don't deserve to make the playoffs after such boneheadedness.

Originally posted by gordero
    Garon is actually very good, he may have better physical tools than Theodore (but Josee has the mind of steel).

Goaltending is not Montreal's problem, they have no legitimate first (or second, or third, or fourth) defenseman who can move the puck up the ice. The last player that came close was Mahlahov, and he was the number five (?) defenseman for NJ after he was traded there. Stephan Quintal is finished as an NHL player, and Brisebois is at most a fifth defensman.

Trading Hackett to SJ-Boston was absolutely moronic, the Habs don't deserve to make the playoffs after such boneheadedness.

boneheadedness INDEED!!!

But still, it would be damn nice for them to make it, it just makes my last few months of school go better

I agree, goaltending isn't a MAJOR issue (but still a minor problem, especially backup, IMO). If you think about it, we actually do have good players, Gilmour, Juneau, Koivu, Perreuat (sp?), and the list just goes on, BUT, when they play together on the ice, it seems like sometimes they haven't fully adapted to each other. Some teams you watch, and they just play so smoothly. Just this last game against Toronto (Saturday), they would make TOO many mistakes. Missed passes, couldn't read each other that well. I think they need more practice TOGETHER as a team to know how to react to each other! The whole team has to be able to FLOW on the ice like water, but they can't seem to do that (most of the time).

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Garon had a shutout tonight against Washington. He now has 3 shutouts in 17 NHL games. Can't ask for any more from a backup.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Garon had a shutout tonight against Washington. He now has 3 shutouts in 17 NHL games. Can't ask for any more from a backup.
    WTF?!? Montreal had a game tonight! I can't believe I missed this

Well, that's good news then, and he BETTER keep playing good

Washington ... meh.

retired is offline Associate Member
    on paper, the habs are middle-of-the-pack at best. I love Killer, but he's in his last season and can't put up the kind of minutes that he used to.

Montreal and Toronto have the same problem: As long as they make the playoffs, the owners turn a profit- even if they make a quick first round exit. Then there is no incentive to go out and spend the $$$ on free agents to make the club competitve for the Cup.

I would rather see Montreal miss the playoffs again so that they are forced to get some much-needed help on the blueline.

Talking

WTF?!? Montreal had a game tonight! I can't believe I missed this
    They had better play well tomorrow nite... Mtl vs Boston! Got ticks in the dark reds! woooohoooo!

Red

Wooo in your face Boston!!! Just came home from the game...

I had to admit I was a little skeptical about Garon in the nets for the habs, but WOW! Da boy sure is good! Now if only the habs had defencemen... 43 shots on goals... geez. Was kinda surprised to see the Bruins pull the goalie in a regular season game.

Oh and thank the god of freebies and "Air Canada Hospitality" level 200 Free all you can consume food and drinks from all the consessions on level 200! Plus free coat check, nice bars and lounges, clean toilets with attendants... Wooo! So thats how the other half lives! I could get used to that, sure beats the crappy seats up in nose-bleed alley.

Red

Wooo in your face Boston!!! Just came home from the game...

I had to admit I was a little skeptical about Garon in the nets for the habs, but WOW! Da boy sure is good! Now if only the habs had defencemen... 43 shots on goals... geez. Was kinda surprised to see the Bruins pull the goalie in a regular season game.

Oh and thank the god of freebies and "Air Canada Hospitality" level 200 Free all you can consume food and drinks from all the consessions on level 200! Plus free coat check, nice bars and lounges, clean toilets with attendants... Wooo! So thats how the other half lives! I could get used to that, sure beats the crappy seats up in nose-bleed alley.

Red
    You lucky lucky bastard!!! As much as I love hockey, I haven't been to A SINGLE GAME IN MY LIFE!!!

So Garon was in net again huh ... maybe I under estimated his "talent" ... now only if Montreal doesn't FUCK UP LIKE USUAL and keeps playing good, PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!

You lucky lucky bastard!!! As much as I love hockey, I haven't been to A SINGLE GAME IN MY LIFE!!!

So Garon was in net again huh ... maybe I under estimated his "talent" ... now only if Montreal doesn't FUCK UP LIKE USUAL and keeps playing good, PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!
    He he he lucky is the word, I never paid for a ticket... can't afford them! As I said thank the god of freebies! Normally when I am lucky I get free ticks now and then up in the nose-bleeds. Tonight I was unbelievably lucky with those "A-C Hospitality" ticks... (christ the price printed on them was $150 each!)

Take in a game one of these days, you'll love it!

Red

Take in a game one of these days, you'll love it!

Red
    Maybe we can go to a HABS game together some day ..... your treat

Thread Information