Fullback57 is offline Associate Member

Big Computer Trouble

So yesterday my computer freezes up and I have to turn it off, then i go to push to power button back on to re boot as normal, but the green light on my tower comes on but nothing else, not to monitor, the keyboard, speakers, anything(everything is hooked up properly).........I'm having to resort to using a spare laptop as i type this which isnt so bad, but i have ALOT of vital documents on my computer that just shit the bed, has anybody else had this problem or even heard of something like this, its just like it went into a coma.......ANY input at all is greatly appreciated

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Something VERY VERY similar to that happened! However, sometimes even my green light wouldn't go on. The main thing I'm thinking about is that it could be your power supply, fused out or something. That happened to me twice, and I had to replace it, which is easy and not expensive by the way.

However, the other, more serious possibility is that you might have fried the inside components, like the cpu, motherboard, hard drive, now that shit scares me a lot too! I hate even thinking about my HD getting wiped!

The more hopeful problem, and easiest to fix, is maybe simply the cable to the HD just got loose or something. Try opening the case, and making sure all cables are firmly in. My sisters CD-Rom stopped working once, and it was simply cuz the cable was not securely in.

Hope this helps, LET US KNOW what happens, maybe we can be of more help. Also, other details would help too (anything u might have missed).
    Last edited by Terinox; 02-09-2003 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks Terinox.....I dont think I've left out anything, I'll look into the power supply thing

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    have you made any modifications to your system lately?

the odds are in your favor. I have worked on thousands of dead computers and if your system did die, you will most likely be able to pull out your HD and read it from another computer.

that will save your data.

if your drive is also toast, try freezing it for a couple hours then plug it up and try again.

If you want to see whats going on do this.

pull everything except the video card and ram.

if you get a post , its something you took out. re-add each device until it stops working again.

i have seen drives,cd-roms, bad ram and bad video cards do that to a system.

try these few tips them post again.

Im a great tech so i can help you rebuild the damn thing over PM's if need be hehe.

thanks Buddha, will do, and no I havent made any modifications lately

Thread Information