Babyweight is offline Female Member

Roomate Services????

This is something I have never done before, but unfortunately I am at the point where I have no choice.
    What my question is....is have any of you guys/gals ever found a roomate online or by answering an add??? In a way I think it might be hard to have someone move in that I don't know very well, but then again people get roomates they don't know all the time when they are in college.
    I have a friend who said he will help me do background checks on the few potential people I narrow down too.
    My other question is....... male or female???
    I went online to this roomateservice.com and I've received about 50 responses in my area.
    So please, if there is anyone here who has met their roomate online or knows of anyone who has, could you please give me some insight on whether or not this may be a good/bad idea???
    I wish I had better options like living with someone I already know, but they are all either married, or almost married.

God I hate living alone...

Babyweight

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't know anything about it, but good luck! Find me a job in Florida and I'll move in.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I did www.roommateservice.com once to put my ad up when I needed a place to stay for 2 months out in Phoenix. The people contacted me, sent me pictures of them, told a little background about themselves, etc. They were nice people (a young - 20 & 21 - couple who had an extra bedroom).

I really don't think it's that bad of an idea. If you've got the access to the background checks, then go for it.

As for male or female - that's really your preference. I know I would have no problem with a female roommate.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    I don't know anything about it, but good luck! Find me a job in Florida and I'll move in.
    Oh I'll have a job for ya....How about Rent_A-Husband...

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I know a number of people having done it with fairly impressive results...however, that being said this all took place in a college town (in every sense of the word), so there's a demographic that's pretty conducive to that kind of thing. Outside of the protective bubble of such towns I'm not sure...but I'd be all single-white-femaled scared out of my wits about it...but that's just me.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Babyweight

He's in. If he says otherwise I'll fly up to the land of beer and hockey and pound some sense into him then deliver him to you.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Babyweight

I'll take the job. When do I start?

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    nice pic babyweight

i'm sure with this post you will have many applicants

seriously---if i was you i'd choose female over male--reasons
    if single and met guy they may be weirded out by male roomate
    if your male roomate has or gets girlfriend -she may be jealous and cause problems
    if they get weird on you,and you have female roomate,easier to take them out of picture
    can run around place dressed how ever

i'd try add in your gym(finding someone with same interests) or if do it on internet run real good background check. you can go to web site for whatever county you live in and look person up on arrest records.if you have any connections with police(friend from gym) have them run name on their computer
    good luck

Thanks Tapout...I agree with you on the female issue. I think it would be much safer. Besides, I'm doing month to month, so If things don't work out they will have to find another place in a months time.

Ron...Excess....believe me there's plenty of beer at my place....The hockey would be up to you guys...

Babyweight

righton is offline Senior Member
    Get a female roomy, less chance for bs especially if theres significant others involved..

Thread Information