Colibri is offline Banned

Gaming Network Problem Type Thingy

I have Red Alert 2/ Yuri's Revenge on my and my brothers computer. But we can't play Lan games for some reason.

We are networked together (I get the Internet through his computer) but when I go to the network settings in the the game, it says IPX is not avalable and has the Port Socket number and ** address stuff.

Anyone able to help with this?

It's a warez copy mind, I can't get on the Internet to play because it's unable to update due to "old file not found but a file of the same name was" thing. Don't see how the lackof an update or it being riped could cause a problem.

mammoth is offline Member
    First question is: Can you ping each other? If not then check to make sure the I P's are both on the same subnet. It could be a dozen things, but if its giving you the IPX error then more than likely a setting is wrong. You should be using TCP/I P if it was the Myth or Class rip then they might have disabled the multiplayer functions although I doubt it.

Decoder is offline Banned
    what router do you have?

Colibri is offline Banned
    I don't know about RA2, there are no indications of who ripped that, but Yuri's Revenge is a Myth rip.

We are on the same subnet and can ping eachother, I don't have time to check through it all at the moment so I'll go through it all tomorrow.

Thanks.

Thread Information