tolinka is offline Senior Member

Angry My uncle doesnt think its a good idea...

Well, I just ate my pre sleep little meal...my uncle came up to me and asks me "How can i eat 6-7 times a day?"...and the he says,"I understand you are trying to gain weight and all, but are you sure its a good idea to eat so much a day...did you do a research about, or find out if its not going to harm you?". At that point i thought to myself how can it possibly harm me, and i even had a thought crossing my mind my uncle is an idiot(with all my respect to him though)...then he was talking about some lady he knew that she had to get ahn operation on her stomach because she couldnt stop eatin...uuum ook!....I told him that i eat clean and and consume the proper amount of calories, carbs protein and fat, and that its the proper diet for me to bulk.

He thinks that eating so much will become a habbit for me and i might never stop eating...my uncle is a really smart guy but he just has no knowledge what so ever about dieting...he really made me mad because of his stupid statement . Now he wants to call his friend that been working out for many years(i actually work out with the guy sometimes and his son)...by the way his son is also dieting and his family has no problems with it...hopefully they will side me and say that there is nothing bad about it but only good...

I'd like to support my statement with some real prove...so i wont have to be dependet on their opinio, so my uncle could actually understand that i'm not just doing it because i want so, but because its the proper way...

Any ways I', sorry i made it so long, just wanted to share my uncles ignorance with you guys

Peace

Great post tolik...ill bump it up for you

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Wow

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    tell him this....say you'll tell your aunt he's cheating on her if he doesn't get off your ass....that should do it....j/k....bro it's really hard to reach some people....forget about it and do what you know is right...Madmax...

jersey juice is offline Member
    nod your head, smile and just appease him, then keep doing what your doing...not like he's gonna stop you from eating

Originally posted by Madmax
    tell him this....say you'll tell your aunt he's cheating on her if he doesn't get off your ass....that should do it....j/k....bro it's really hard to reach some people....forget about it and do what you know is right...Madmax...
    Good idea bro...

Yeah i'm just going to live it as it is...i talked ot his friend at the gym today and told him what my uncle said...the guy started cracking up

Seriously, bro...you can walk into any bookstore with ur Uncle and head straight for the nutrition section. There will be volumes of publications on the benefits of a high caloric, frequent meal programs.

He is probably to lazy to read the damn thing even though it might have something usefull for him and his 300 cholesterol level

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i have a similar situation as you, and it drives me crazy as well...my mother thinks that i am on the atkins diet or something because i eat so much protein in a day and am very strict on carbs. she emailed me an article the other day about the atkins diet and wanted me to call her on the phone, so i did. she went on and on about how she doesn't think i am eating healthy, blah blah, is worried, more blah, wants me to do some research...i told her that i know more about my body and nutrition than she does, and have researched more than she will ever know. she tends to subscribe to the 'herbal' health point of view so it doesn't surprise me that she thinks protein shakes and consuming a great deal of meat every day is bad for my heart and everything else. thank christ she doesn't know i juice...

He doesn't have to read the material....just see that it exists!!!!

daem...how do you handle her?

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by daem
    thank christ she doesn't know i juice...

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i just tell basic information like 'muscle requires protein to grow' and 'i am on celltech' but seriously, she is overly concerned, especially when i come home from school since she gets to observe what i eat every day. i just stick to basic facts, however sometimes i try to confuse her with jargon she couldn't possibly understand. she usually gives up bugging me when i start throwing in info about 'amino acids' and 'muscle hypertrophy.'

THat smart jargon will work on any one, i just need to translate all this shit to Russian...

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    tolinka, i've seen your pics, i think if u eat less then 6-7 meals you will just disappear. I can't beleive anyone would tell you that u're eating too much. Me on the otherhand(endomorph), its a lil hard to explain to ppl sometimes.

Thread Information