Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Neevor is offline Associate Member

Breakups harder for Men than Women?

I realized this was an interesting topic to me after basically posting this exact comment 200 responses deep in another thread. So in the last month or two I've seen a few break up threads (Stig's and D3m3nt3d's are the two I come up with off the top of my head) and wanted to see if my view on this was wide spread or just me or what...

I think break ups are much harder for men than women and here’s why..

Women have all these friends (because women are social creatures by nature) and its also socially acceptable for them to show weakness. In most dudes cases (at least in mine and most alpha males I know), we don't have a lot of friends we can open up to and your best friend, typically, is your woman. I mean, if something bad happens to me I tell my gf about it while we are layin in bed that night (sometimes she’s the only one who knows me well enough to say, "What’s bothering you hon? You seemed sad today/tonight"). I guess I could tell my brother or dad but they'd tell me to stop being a pus and have a beer. Other than that I could tell my mom but I'm not gonna worry my mom about anything. So my gf is really the only one I have to talk to about stuff like that. So when we break up, she’s the only one I could have talked to about the break up and she’s gone.

So when I see guys on here hurting from that kind of a loss it hits me where I live cause very likely the reason they are posting about it on here is because they don't have anyone else to talk to about it. The one person they would have talked to about their loss IS their loss.

Thoughts?

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    you can take it one step further and say its less harsh for a girl cause its very easy for them to put on some sexy clothes and go out for a night with the girls and draw the kind of attention that makes them feel good about themselves, even if they dont act on it. They can appear a little weak, or emotionally distressed but guys will hit on them none the less..

for guys, women can see things like desperation, weakness, depression, anxiety and they spot it from a mile away and typically dont go for those guys so we dont get boosted back up so easily.

This is just how I see it... I could just be full of it, thats possible too

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    100% True

Neevor is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    you can take it one step further and say its less harsh for a girl cause its very easy for them to put on some sexy clothes and go out for a night with the girls and draw the kind of attention that makes them feel good about themselves, even if they dont act on it. They can appear a little weak, or emotionally distressed but guys will hit on them none the less..

for guys, women can see things like desperation, weakness, depression, anxiety and they spot it from a mile away and typically dont go for those guys so we dont get boosted back up so easily.
    Wow! Good point KP! I hadn't even thought of that.. Damn

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Ya i think break ups are harder for men, especially when the girl breaks up with us!! we get so frustrated so quickly and unless we have girls waiting in the wings then it hits us hard!!

It hit me hard a couple years ago when me and my ex broke up, it tool me a long time to get over it....but she seemed to get over it so much quicker, might just be me but i doubt it

spoken_truth is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
    Ya i think break ups are harder for men, especially when the girl breaks up with us!! we get so frustrated so quickly and unless we have girls waiting in the wings then it hits us hard!!

It hit me hard a couple years ago when me and my ex broke up, it tool me a long time to get over it....but she seemed to get over it so much quicker, might just be me but i doubt it
    we want what we cant have lol so when they break up with us its no good

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I handle them decently. It makes me mad not sad. So I take my anger out on vaginas. I think most men take it harder tho. Nobody wants to be unwanted.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I think I agree--MEN DO FEEL WORSE! When I saw my brother's behavior of sleeping on the coach all day while the entire family tip toed around the house I could not believe it. This actually made me very aware early on as to how men do get so upset. And now my best male friend is heartbroken and to watch him simply saddens me. Oddly enough, I don't feel this sorry for my female friends because we women do talk it out until a broken record and it becomes exhausting so we move on faster. I think that because when MEN FINALLY OPEN UP they feel so exposed and vulnerable and wounded to their very core.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    I think I agree--MEN DO FEEL WORSE! When I saw my brother's behavior of sleeping on the coach all day while the entire family tip toed around the house I could not believe it. This actually made me very aware early on as to how men do get so upset. And now my best male friend is heartbroken and to watch him simply saddens me. Oddly enough, I don't feel this sorry for my female friends because we women do talk it out until a broken record and it becomes exhausting so we move on faster. I think that because when MEN FINALLY OPEN UP they feel so exposed and vulnerable and wounded to their very core.
    Yup.

This is why I don't do this bullshit anymore. After a few breakups, I find that I don't get sad or depressed anymore. I get extremely fvcking angry. I don't feel depression or sadness during or following a breakup and haven't felt it in years. Just intense anger.

I also find that women are far FAR more cold in the process of a breakup as well. Colder than a walking fridge.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Thank god i'm pretty..... anytime i've gone through a break up..... i just go out and pull some tail

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

teddykgb29 is offline Associate Member
    I think break ups are hard on whoever is the one getting dumped, guy or girl. I think its pretty equal.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Thank god i'm pretty..... anytime i've gone through a break up..... i just go out and pull some tail

~Haz~
    Exactly

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

I counter act by wearing Medium size t shirts when I go out, at 250lbs....It's the same idea and works like a fvcking charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Neevor View Post
    I realized this was an interesting topic to me after basically posting this exact comment 200 responses deep in another thread. So in the last month or two I've seen a few break up threads (Stig's and D3m3nt3d's are the two I come up with off the top of my head) and wanted to see if my view on this was wide spread or just me or what...

I think break ups are much harder for men than women and here’s why..

Women have all these friends (because women are social creatures by nature) and its also socially acceptable for them to show weakness. In most dudes cases (at least in mine and most alpha males I know), we don't have a lot of friends we can open up to and your best friend, typically, is your woman. I mean, if something bad happens to me I tell my gf about it while we are layin in bed that night (sometimes she’s the only one who knows me well enough to say, "What’s bothering you hon? You seemed sad today/tonight"). I guess I could tell my brother or dad but they'd tell me to stop being a pus and have a beer. Other than that I could tell my mom but I'm not gonna worry my mom about anything. So my gf is really the only one I have to talk to about stuff like that. So when we break up, she’s the only one I could have talked to about the break up and she’s gone.

So when I see guys on here hurting from that kind of a loss it hits me where I live cause very likely the reason they are posting about it on here is because they don't have anyone else to talk to about it. The one person they would have talked to about their loss IS their loss.

Thoughts?
    I can agree with this for the most part. However, it all varies on the person and how sensitive/emotional they are. I get upset easily, which also leads to me getting pissed off pretty easily. Some hewa broke things off with me this summer..it REALLY sucked. I stalk her facebook here and there- she seems very happy and living life. While I have been pissed off and miserable the past three months. I have just resigned to the fact that most women are all evil, sinister, creatures who are on this earth to mentally destroy all of man kind.

WE don't do it on purpose at all---NOT AT ALL! Here is the deal:
    from an early age as a toddler: girls are taught to be emotional
    boys are taught to be physical
    so----when the guy gets hurt then he is not equipped to handle it as well since he has not developed this skill over a lifetime like a female has
    I am not underestimating female'e emotions one bit by saying this---it is just that we have more practice emotionally which intices men actually to seek that feeling of safe emotion -like coming home to a safe warm spot---so when that is over, he gets tormented when it is taken away

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Man I totally agree. Women have all the support in the world it seems with their family and friends. On the other hand It also depends on who loved who more. That plays a big factor. All the family and friends in the world cant replace the one she loved more than life. But I agree with you for the most part.
    Last edited by AlphaGenetics; 08-19-2010 at 08:38 PM.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    women have vaginas, we have penises....we win (i'm a deep thinker)

Diamond*K is offline Female Member

im always attracted to these kinda guys..lol

i hate to be an ass... but ..... if men cant get the emotional support or b able to talk to other guys... i think thats ur issue as a man..... like men do that "im a guy bs..." "im too tough crap" women dont like guys like that.. we dont make you like that...we dont expect guys to b like that ( in most cases).....

men act that way as a thing of control... u give up ur "manly" act, u lose to women. but its a decision men make to b like that......

im always soooooooooooooooo nice to the men im with.......an d i always get used and tossed....

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    women have vaginas, we have penises....we win (i'm a deep thinker)
    I have not stopped laughing --- BEST answer so far! for humor that is......
    however...... it does come down to "who loved who more" it seems
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 08-19-2010 at 09:13 PM.

[QUOTE=Diamond*K;5321819]i hate to be an ass... but ..... if men cant get the emotional support or b able to talk to other guys... i think thats ur issue as a man..... like men do that "im a guy bs..." "im too tough crap" women dont like guys like that.. we dont make you like that...we dont expect guys to b like that ( in most cases).....

men act that way as a thing of control... u give up ur "manly" act, u lose to women. but its a decision men make to b like that......

im always soooooooooooooooo nice to the men im with.......an d i always get used and tossed....[/QUOTE]

99.9% of the time its the other way around. It's always the SAME story when it comes to women and break ups.

[QUOTE=******;5321827]
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond*K View Post
    i hate to be an ass... but ..... if men cant get the emotional support or b able to talk to other guys... i think thats ur issue as a man..... like men do that "im a guy bs..." "im too tough crap" women dont like guys like that.. we dont make you like that...we dont expect guys to b like that ( in most cases).....

im always soooooooooooooooo nice to the men im with.......an d i always get used and tossed....[/QUOTE]

99.9% of the time its the other way around. It's always the SAME story when it comes to women and break ups.
    well so far every Fukin time i let a guy get close to me.. they break up with me or i find out they're cheating....

i ALWAYS GET FUKED OVER!!

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Ok well everyone knows my story, so I will keep it short. My wife and kids were my life. I loved them more than life itself, the last thing I wanted to do was see it end, much less see it end and feel like i dont know what was real. I had posted on another site my situation. It went into great detail, such as our whole story, her ex husband and her story, our sex life, lack there of towards the end...kinda made me feel inadequate altho it had happened with every guy she lived with. Both her and them told me, atleast it took years and not months for me.

Anyway today she comes to my house while im at work, gets my laptop, so she seen the whole thread and decided she wanted to start texting me about how it was so hilarious the way this chick was killing me because somehow this bitch didn't see that my wife fvcked ME over....well it turned into a lot of texts, then a long phone call, then some texts about things we may should have done different, but like she said its too late now, so we told each other goodnite. She still keeps up with me everyday, admits that. I think my problem is I have talked it out on here and everywhere else until I am blue in the face. I think I just need to grieve....suck it up and just cry.

[QUOTE=Diamond*K;5321829]
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post

well so far every Fukin time i let a guy get close to me.. they break up with me or i find out they're cheating....

i ALWAYS GET FUKED OVER!!
    mhmmm....

[QUOTE=******;5321836]

mhmmm....
    ohk seriously tho. i kno sum times i like to get attention.. but think y.. i get treated like crap from the men i kno here. i've had sex like 10 times in the past year..... trust me im hardly gettin laid...

[QUOTE=Diamond*K;5321838]

ohk seriously tho. i kno sum times i like to get attention.. but think y.. i get treated like crap from the men i kno here. i've had sex like 10 times in the past year..... trust me im hardly gettin laid...
    Maybe you're caring too much. Whenever I really cared about a female (and tried to hide it) she immediately caught on and took advantage of me..When you stop caring so much, you'll be suprised how many guys will be chasing after you.

[QUOTE=******;5321846]

Maybe you're caring too much. Whenever I really cared about a female (and tried to hide it) she immediately caught on and took advantage of me..When you stop caring so much, you'll be suprised how many guys will be chasing after you.
    i kno but im not like that....... and i dont take advantage either!!! trust me.. im the one that buys nice gifts and always there.. and carin.. im always soo nice.

but guys wanna play the game and not just accept bein loved when they deserve it...

[QUOTE=Diamond*K;5321854]

i kno but im not like that....... and i dont take advantage either!!! trust me.. im the one that buys nice gifts and always there.. and carin.. im always soo nice. but guys wanna play the game and not just accept bein loved when they deserve it...
    Stop doing all that shit and reverse the game!!!

[QUOTE=******;5321855]

Stop doing all that shit and reverse the game!!!
    i tried.. it still doesnt wrk.....

^How come when we quote each other it makes it look like we're talking to ourselves? LOL

i donno... lol

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Its obviously harder on whomever is the one who doesn't want the relationship to end.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Its obviously harder on whomever is the one who doesn't want the relationship to end.
    AMEN to that. ive broken up with my gf and got back a bunch of times... most of the time its been me breaking up with her... it was still hard because i didnt wanna let her go...but after a few days i was fine... maybe because she was a wreck and msging and calling all the time? i dunno i hate the ****ed up game sometimes...lifes simple and lonely when ur single but when ur with some1 its pain hurt and confusing at times

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    I love lamp

vanduhl is offline Senior Member
    i donno... lol
    come to NY diamond.......problem sovled

agreed.

i would say 90% of the men i meet i nvr really care to see twice.. but the few i actually let close to me....i care about a lot and i dont play the game.. just give them respect and then usually its not fun for them anymore......

btw..... ur lookin huge in ur pic man.

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    i will come back later its toooo early in the morning to talk abt depression , feelings and shit

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I wish I could wake up one day and not think about all my problems, and analyze everything to the brink of insanity. This has been going on a lot longer than the month we have been apart. I spent the last 3-4 months analyzing everything, checking fb, checking phone calls etc. It's a slow miserable killer for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information