Big Rhino is offline Junior Member

Talking The mighty smell of protien

Not to take anything away from slypknot's thread on protien intake or this is even in the right forum but I am quite sure that all the members of this board who have a high intake of protien have this problem. How should I put this? Well that wonderful pungent smell of protien All i hear out of the wife is "Good God! What is in your ass?" and all I do is turn towards her and say"That was'nt me, it was the dog" no matter where we are at, the dog is usally with us. In-laws, in the car,even out in the wide open country or on the beach.It's always the dog.So I guess what I'm trying to say is that a dog is one of the best things to have around when your in this kinda game. The only thing is, how to convince the guys in gym on leg day that it was the dog.Does anyone else have this problem

RHINO
    Last edited by Big Rhino; 02-15-2003 at 04:15 PM.

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    Um, yeah. Nothing smells quite as good as a high protein diet.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    My roommate in college once slept over his friends house for a couple of nights when I was on an extreme bulking diet. haha I guess I am a bit smelly in my sleep. hahaha Good thing my Ex - GF was a sound sleeper, or maybe she wasn't and that is why she is my Ex.

Pain

web03 is offline Associate Member
    that is hilarious blaming it on the dog. I get 'em bad with a high protein diet.....web

Lift Chief is offline Member
    Try some ginger root with your high protein meals... that may help somewhat.

gym sweat is offline Junior Member
    GINGER ROOT? I'd say carry around some matches... same problem very gas-y

Xtrastrength is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I work in an office with all women, and I can't even take a shit there when I'm alone cuzz you can smell it for hours afterward. My family wants me to go see a doctor because I fart so much lol But damn it, I look good

web03 is offline Associate Member
    Very impressive X. You know its bad when it creeps into the halls...web

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Padawan
    Um, yeah. Nothing smells quite as good as a high protein diet.
    a classic...

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate it when pushing real hard on the leg press and a really loud one rips out . . . doesn't hit me anywhere else . . .

FedSki is offline Creator of Cycle Planner
    Originally posted by Tock
    I hate it when pushing real hard on the leg press and a really loud one rips out . . . doesn't hit me anywhere else . . .
    i don't normally laugh at farting anymore - but the other week was different. every time i squatted i couldn't help but let one rip. in the end me and my buddy had to take a break cause we couldn't stop laughing - or get anywear near the squat rack for the smell.

also i've ripped three pairs of underpants in the last two months due to deep squats. just can't help ripping, one way or another !

RitcheyRch is offline New Member
    I remember going into the restroom here at work and doing my business when someone walked in and the first words out of their mouth were "WOW". I had to try real hard to keep from laughing. SUre have to love those high protein diets. MY sister and gf hate them.

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Yup this is a classic problem that I myself also have to deal with. I read some where that it is due to the fact that your stomach (or what ever) can't digest the protein!?!?? That should explain the gasses?? They even suggested that the proteins therefore were wrong and that one should eat other types of proteins in order to avoid it. I'm not sure about any of this stuff and I have not read it any other place. Any of you guys got some comemnts on this??

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    me and my workout partners have the same problem...

we just dont really give a shit and let them rip in the gym....if it's bad the person responsible will get bitched at, and then ofcourse they deny it but soon they walk away to the water fountain, to air themselves out...

I've done a pretty bad one myself one time...and normally everyone knows if we fart, we will walk away. However i was in the middle of my set one time, and just had to let it rip....well there was a "New years gym joiner" in there beside me.... I guess he just didnt understand...somtimes "farts happen"

Lata

K'Fit

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well...me and my friend were in Wal-Mart over the weekend, I was looking at a pair of computer speakers, thinking of buying them. I felt it start creeping down my poop shoot. I tried as hard as I could to hold it in, but it was too late, thank God it was silent. But DAMN, apparently it reeked like mad. Thanks to my bad nose, I can't smell very well, so I couldn't smell my fart. But my friend started sniffing around and going "ooooooh" and JUST at that moment, a lady with a baby in a stroller walks right by us, and I just nod my head towards her, as to say "must have been her or the baby" but MAN it was like really bad. He's like damn let's get out of here. However, later that day I told him it was me, and we started cracking up real hard. But he said "man that smell was like out of this world!!!"

So yes...it can be VERY bad at times!!!

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    I used to have that problem a lot. solution? no egg or whey protein. I also don't drink much milk. I really rip em anymore. my protein pretty much all comes from chicken and fish, with 45g of amino's after workout and 2 protein bars full of casein before bed. my intake is just as high, but no farting. I think with the whey drinks you consume so much air (as its usually frothy) that you can't help it. and of course eggs just make em stink.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by FedSki
    i don't normally laugh at farting anymore
    man, i don't think i'll ever outgrow flatulance humor...

-- clocky baby

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    imma have to agree with clocks on this one. flatulence humor is in our blood. we're men. it's the stuff that dreams are made of....right guys? ....guys?

have to agree there.... potty humour rules... it's all part of being men (or boys who refuse to completely grow up!)

Was a total fart bag today... was nasty. Smell was enough to knock over a mammoth.

Red

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    have to agree there.... potty humour rules... it's all part of being men (or boys who refuse to completely grow up!)

Was a total fart bag today... was nasty. Smell was enough to knock over a mammoth.

Red

"Knock over a mammoth" !!! Fucken classic!!!

Thread Information