View Poll Results: Which one is better??

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Game Cube

2 6.67%
  • X-box

16 53.33%
  • Playstation 2

12 40.00%
    calidude is offline Senior Member

Question Video Game Platforms

What do most of the A.R. members have or want??
    Which is the best in your opinion?
    I have Game Cube, X-box, and Playstation 2. Love the X-box best graphics and speed less $$ because you really don't have to buy memory cards.
    But best game right now is on the PS2 SOCOM US NAVY SEALS that game is awesome because you can talk to the computer to tell your teamates where to go. Who would have known when i used to play my Atari that in 20 yrs i would be able to talk to the game

Red5 is offline Associate Member
    You have Gamecube, Xbox and PS2!! I think you must have to much money/time on your hands lol.I'm trying to decide between PS2 and Xbox.Used to have PS2 when they came out a year ago but sold it to move here.Not sure if i want another one or Xbox.What do you think?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    game cube sucks....

can't decide if i wanna get X-box or PS 2

I bought the game cube for my wife...it has more of the Girlie games that she likes I love my X-box.. like I said before because of the speed and the graphics...They are adding more and more games every month. If you are going to buy the X-box buy Tom CLancey's Splinter Cell that game kicks ass!!

By the way my wife bought me PS2 for Christmas

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i wish they would all come together and build one bad ass system that all the games would work on.

i have heard that the x-box uses a custom chip for the DVD part, so the picture is a little clearer / smoother than PS 2 - this true ??

Honestly I couldn't tell you I have 2 dvd players already...I didn't buy the remote for the X-box to play DVD's

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i am buying a psx 2 but when i can i plan to also have the xbox because they are a nice system. The controlers arent very good to me but the games make up for it heh

skinnyhb is offline Member
    right now, vice city for playstation 2 is where it is at. that game is every other game all rolled into one.

noob is offline New Member
    i can tell ya all, X-Box rules! i had the X-box, and the PS2 a month ago, its so clear, that the graphic at the X-Box is 100 time better than the PS2

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Just a question...how old are you guys?

I have nothing against systems, and there really is no age limit or anything like that, I'm just curious to know the age difference in people playing these systems.

I am 20 years old myself, and I don't mind playing a system every now and then, but to invest that much money into it, and play it that much, doesn't seem worth it to me.....it is a tuff call though.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Game cube sucks.

Xbox sucks.

PS2 Owns all other consoles!

SuperMac_G4 is offline New Member
    I have a PS2 myself and its the shit, easy to get/ burn games for
    I have been considering getting myself an xbox just because of the price 199$ for the console and 2 games, I mean u cant beat that
    when it comes down to it though i just think the sony will be around much longer than the xbox
    cant comment on the cube as ive never tried it, and dont know anyone that has it either

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    I have a modded ps2 (plays burnt games) and an xbox. I have been playing the ps2 more recently, xbox is definitely a better platform, both have online play-have to pay for xbox online. ps2 has more games, but the games that are common to both, seem to look and play better on the xbox. And yes, SOCOM online rocks!
    -Cy

harl is offline Associate Member
    Played both xbox and ps2. I think the xbox is better because it runs a 700mhz proc and a gf3 card the ps2 is only a 233mhz. Myself i think they dont even compare to a cpu grafics wise,detail and game play. I played metal of honor on x box and i have the game on my cpu the x box version is a joke. Ever since i got a good gaming system i will never go back to a console system again no comparison IMOA.

Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    i am buying a psx 2 but when i can i plan to also have the xbox because they are a nice system. The controlers arent very good to me but the games make up for it heh
    x-box changed that huge controller to a smaller one that is a lot more comfortable.

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    With SOCOM is it hard to get used to and what's it like to be able to talk to the game and also playing online...I'm getting it tomorrow or tuesday I'm going to have to practice before I go online because I don't want to make an ass of myself hahaha

B

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I gotta cast a vote for PS2, mainly because of volume and it's relationship to what i believe is the future of gaming systems - online play. X-Box may very well be a better system, but back in the 80's sega was better than nintendo (imo), as beta was "better" than VHS. But, much like Beta, the original sega was doomed because its competitor simply had gotten to market first, and, as a result, enjoyed the volume that yields not only economies of scale, but a slew of other market advantages. This is currently the case with the Playstation system: I considered getting the x-box, but all my friends already have the PS2...and as we increasingly turn to online gaming against one another, a peer pressure of sorts sets in in that I want to have what my friends have so we can actually play eachother online; particularly as i was one of the kids who had the original sega and couldn't trade games with buddies since they all had nintendo. The last laugh was mine, however, when sega genesis came in and kicked ass - making me a brand pioneer!

BIGREEN I loved my original SEGA I still want to find it...if it is possible?? I have great memories as a kid playing that thing.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Ive got PS2, and i love it...what kinda sucks ass that alot of new games first comout on X-box...games like...Dead to Rights and Splinters Cell...but overall i think its a good system and i'm just a PSX fan

calidude: they occassionally pop up on ebay...though flea markets across the country have them. There is nothing like playing alex kid in wonderland similar shit....great stuff.

BIG- i don't know if you'll remember but their was a game where you turned into different animals after each level. You were some kind of knight i think?? Then the old favs like choplifter and my hero

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I've played them all. PS2 is my favorite by far. X-box is junk and GameCube is for kids. JMO.

Calidude: i think you're referring to Altered Beast? That was actually the first game for the 16 bit genesis system...though I think it MAY have debuted on the 8-bit Sega Master System.

no you turned into a bird and a dragon and some other stuff???

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    I have an xbox got it modded too, so the games are cheap.

Gunna buy a ps2 soon, got about 90 games for it, may aswell get one.

I also play MAME, its basically playing the old arcade games on your PC, its wicked, got all the classic games for it.

what's MAME???

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    Goto http://www.mame.net/

You can get the old classics that you played in the arcade, its awesome, there is even a multiplayer version out of the client so you can play games over the net with someone else, if you want it email me and i'll send it to you.

miked512 is offline Associate Member
    AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

I've got a PS2 and a Gamecube. Had an XBox but gave it to my little brother because none of the games for it could keep my interest. Sure its got better graphics, but those games are just dull and repetitive. The PS2 has a lot of variety but I've recently gotten addicted to the cube and one kiddie game in particular.

You can get into technical arguments all you want but the only thing the XBox has on the PS2 is Nvidia's graphics card.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Xbox is my favorite. I've got the PS2 as well and Xbox is so much more addictive. 2 games I've been playing recently, Tom Clancy's "Splinter Cell" and "Ghost Recon" (siiiiiiick), I have to say, could be the all time best games ever. It's unreal how lifelike things are in these games. For PS2, I've been spending some time on "Vice City", which is tight as hell also...

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    every game you can play on video game consoles is inferior (at least in my mind) to the PC. you can play the same games with better control and way better graphics.

but playstation2 does rock!!!

Thumbs up thanks

Originally posted by Lostsoul
    Goto http://www.mame.net/

You can get the old classics that you played in the arcade, its awesome, there is even a multiplayer version out of the client so you can play games over the net with someone else, if you want it email me and i'll send it to you.
    cool info bro

matt890ca is offline New Member
    Dude you forgot PC games, if you're good at programming you can edit the hell out of the game and even combine three or four into one.

Damn I'm such a nerd

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    computers are the best.

but aside from that, xbox cuz its basically a pentium 3 based computer. you can hack it up to run linux, be a divx player, among other things...

-- clocky baby

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    com's are better than any of that crap. HOWEVER, if i had to choose, the ps2 by far has the best games and the best controller. the xbox controller is way to bulky and cumbersome. i like the little one. i have little dick...it's pathetic...

XBOX changed their controlers to a little one.

redrumkev is offline Associate Member
    i have ps2 - love it!

Thread Information