Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member

What kind of sports do you play

Just wondering what kind of sports do the AR members play and actually compete in. I wrestle im in Judo, I Powerlift Going into bodybuilding and am about to join boxing bearlly haave anytime but damn its fun and my bf is always down from all the workouts

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i box at school in the annual tournament, play interhall football (full pads of course), and play most other sports recreationally. don't laugh, but the sport i excel the most in is golf. was a 2.4 in hs, ballooned up to a 4 after 'quitting,' then got down to scratch last summer when i started playing seriously again. ridiculous that posting par or better for 85% of my rounds wasn't good enough to make my schools team...with my size getting 300+ drives consistently doesn't impress me any more

peam is offline Suspended
    Hey... you just asked my winning question wrstlr69sdnl good for you!

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Tennis, NTRP 5.0 (if any of y'all play tennis, you'll know what that is )

Colibri is offline Banned
    Football (The REAL football, not that American crap with the pads).

Originally posted by Colibri
    Football (The REAL football, not that American crap with the pads).
    I still laugh whenever a statement like that is made...does one define the 'reality' of a sport based on how boring it is? if that is true, i would agree that american football is definitely unrealistic and soccer is the most real sport that exists in our world other than bowling.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    sports...i'll play anything once I currently play football, softball, soccer recreationally and i pit for a local dirt track modified race car.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    track and field
    basketball
    football

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Football the real Football(I hate it when people call it soccer)

Rich8888 is offline Member
    It is called SOCCER in the USA...outside the US call it whatever you want. Real football is real football.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Racquetball, sand volleyball, and hitting the heavy & speed bags.

why don't you try telling Derek Brooks American football is crap... he'll probably show you how nice you look wearing your ass for a turtleneck!
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 02-17-2003 at 11:14 AM.

mammoth is offline Member
    Originally posted by Strut99GT
    Tennis, NTRP 5.0 (if any of y'all play tennis, you'll know what that is )
    DAMN Bro! Remind me never to get on the court with you. I am only a 3.0. I almost think that I am too tall to play. HeHe Love the sport!!

Hockey was the only sport for me... haven't played it since college and I really miss it.

I also enjoy Aikido but never competed, heck I never even bothered doing a single kyu exam, drove my sensei crazy I just did years and years of it for fun.

I don't like golf, but I really enjoy smacking balls at the driving range. Only problem is that with getting bigger, I drive them more crooked than ever

As for baseball and soccer, though I realize they are the two most popular sports on the planet, I find them mind numbingly boring. To me they rank right up there with Cricket in excitment level

Red

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    Hockey...hockey....hockey!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Aikido, tai boxing, shootfighting, football (both american and soccer) basketball, floorball and paintball.
    But right now it´s only bodybuilding for me.

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    I use to do powerlifting, but I didn't like how my body was getting so I quit that real fast.

Now in the summer I compete in wakeboarding tournaments, and fall/winter I do motocross. I love extreme sports!! Oh and surfing, but I'm not too great at it yet.
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

Dont even compare football(soccer to all you americans) to cricket or baseball...the is no comparison!

When you actually start playing the sport and realise how fun and competetive it gets then...

But to be honest i dont find any excitment in American Football...

Originally posted by Wake Chick
    I use to do powerlifting, but I didn't like how my body was getting so I quit that real fast.
    Your body looks fine to me

to each his own, however you can't tell me that a tackle in soccer is more exciting to see than a 260 lb linebacker mauling a runningback...

Soccer isnt about tackling...its the strategy, the passes, tricks, dribbling, goals....

Its not all about pass and kick...

Originally posted by tolinka
    When you actually start playing the sport and realise how fun and competetive it gets then...
    We were forced to play it when I was in high shcool... and my kid plays it in a kiddy-league all summer long (where I help out).

Still to me watching and playing it's like a major effort on my part to not die of boredom.

Hey to each our own... after all some people like jumping off bridges with parachutes, others get excited with Tai-Chi...

Red

Well.... I played softball, and I used to swim, used to run distance... now I just throw the javelin for track. Oh... did I mention surfing? (hahaha)

Originally posted by Red Ketchup

We were forced to play it when I was in high shcool... and my kid plays it in a kiddy-league all summer long (where I help out).

Still to me watching and playing it's like a major effort on my part to not die of boredom.

Hey to each our own... after all some people like jumping off bridges with parachutes, others get excited with Tai-Chi...

Red
    No offense or anything, but your level of soccer there in Canada isnt considered to be one of the gratest...I guess people just gro with some sport and stick to it.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    am i the only guy in there that actually plays a real sport???? i play RUGBY, you know football without all the pads, now i cant think of a more savage sport....especially for a crazy guy like myself.

Rugby? Hahaha.... try surfing pipe.

been there, done that....have you ever heard of a place called MAVERICKS peam?

you mean top gun?? hahaha ice man!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    "American Football" is the real football. In America, soccer is a girls sport.

Originally posted by arthurb999
    "American Football" is the real football. In America, soccer is a girls sport.

bullshit!

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Hey, I played soccer in HS and I ain't no girl...

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Big Rush
    Hey, I played soccer in HS and I ain't no girl...
    No comment J/k

I played baseball, The kinda football were the "strategy" is to take the guys head off on the other side (I played O and de tackle), threw discuss and shot, softball, skydiving, basketball

Now all I do is wakeboard, surf (been too long ) and my true love HOCKEY. The best thing to come out of Canada.

BTW I'm a 255lb goalie. Believe me its not easy to stay flexible at this size. However I hardly get the net rushed a second time and I don't need any skater to protect my ass (thats for damn sure) "GAME FUCKEN ON"

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by RON
    No comment J/k

I played baseball, The kinda football were the "strategy" is to take the guys head off on the other side (I played O and de tackle), threw discuss and shot, softball, skydiving, basketball

Now all I do is wakeboard, surf (been too long ) and my true love HOCKEY. The best thing to come out of Canada.

BTW I'm a 255lb goalie. Believe me its not easy to stay flexible at this size. However I hardly get the net rushed a second time and I don't need any skater to protect my ass (thats for damn sure) "GAME FUCKEN ON"

Wow, your a big guy!! I want to see you on a wakeboard, I bet thats entertaining haha just giving you a hard time.
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Wake Chick

Wow, your a big guy!! I want to see you on a wakeboard, I bet thats entertaining haha just giving you a hard time.
    I bet you'd find it funny. I'm sure I'm no where as good as you (I've only been doing it for a year and a half). But I've been surfing since I was 15 so it's pretty natural for me. Still I guess someone my size looks kinda funny on a wake board. Thank god I ride long board now or I'd look funny on a surf board too

popa is offline Senior Member
    I think bodybuilding is considered a sport.... you got to be good at it to get big

Football requires real skill, not that I have any mind you. I just drive straight through the guy, shout all that challenge shit if he gets hurt () and hope I get the ball.

I believe my name is "that hacking bastard"

American football is so bent, c'mon people, do you really need 500+ pads? Play rugby you bunch a'e wimin.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    1st nothing better than dropping into a double over head barrel getting spit out carving HARD and floating over a closeout section! and then doing it again again again and again! SURFING Sport of the Kings!
    I also, obviously, BBing...starting Jiu Jitsu because somthing about good armbar, and I'm so F'n ANGRY ALL THE TIME! I know some submissions, legit. Also, Basketball when the opportunity arises. HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY but can't find a league to get into. I boxed in the military and like training on bags. Surfing again, Golf, Tennis (I SUCK!) Wrestling, Football when ever I can. And I love Riding My Harley!

Football, soccer and Rugby's for pooftah's! Real men play Australian Rules Football!

Was watching a match on one of the TV's at the gym the other day... man these aussies are insane looked fun!

Red

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    Football and Hockey... well my hockey was boxing on ice... i loved being the tough man... Hockey fights rule.. Still remain undefeated! haha. When i was younger i was into skateboarding and snowboarding, but now i'll break into pieces if i do those, haha!

Scotish rugby is the ture man's game, you have to be pissed to play most of the time

Originally posted by Colibri
    Scotish rugby is the ture man's game, you have to be pissed to play most of the time

or a little drunk....RUGBY IS THE REAL SPORT....SO SAVAGE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information