m16a2 is offline Senior Member

People who stink at the gym

I was hitting deadlifts today when this guy asked me if I was using one of the benches. I said, no and continued to do my lifts. The guy sits down and starts doing db shoulder presses and I get a whiff of this horrible BO. I fucking had to retreat back and keep myself from gagging just from being within 10 feet of this smelly dirtbag. I ended up finishing up and trying to keep my distance from that smelly bag of shit.

Why can't these idiots use deoderant?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Some people really don't know how bad it is themselves. For example, apparently (according to my workout buddy) I had kinda bad BO (not terribly bad) but kinda bad. So I only really found out when HE told me, cause my sense of smell is quite bad (terrible in fact).

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: People who stink at the gym

Originally posted by rampage76
    I was hitting deadlifts today when this guy asked me if I was using one of the benches. I said, no and continued to do my lifts. The guy sits down and starts doing db shoulder presses and I get a whiff of this horrible BO. I fucking had to retreat back and keep myself from gagging just from being within 10 feet of this smelly dirtbag. I ended up finishing up and trying to keep my distance from that smelly bag of shit.
    You must go the the same gym that RON goes to.

Infinity Driven is offline New Member
    Some bastards sweat until they stink in the gym. Keep that in mind.

Make loud comments (if you're that type of person), such as "SOMEBODY STINKS!"

If the person doesn't clean himself up, he'll at least get away from you.

--ID

gym sweat is offline Junior Member
    yeah, thats bad.... also when their clothes smell humid.... I SAY.... SHOWER BEFORE AND AFTER THE GYM.... besides...that helps with the acne (if you have any)

Y

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    I know what you mean- it's almost like you need to carry a bottle of sanitizer around. Personally, I hate it when these guys sit and pick their nose before they use the equipment.

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    the whole gym stinks...im used to it
    i smell like Old Spice Active

Smelly people in a gym full of sweaty folks working out? No impossible!

Well, ok I know what you mean... there is definetly a difference between people who smell sweaty, and people that haven't washed in 3 weeks and are wearing gym clothes that haven't seen a washing machine this decade..

I do expect the air to be a little pungent in a gym, specially in the cardio area where you see people dripping with sweat.

On the other hand I also have a bit of a problem when someone stinks so much that when he walks by the bench and all of a sudden you need a spot for your empty bar warmup because you're gagging and your eyes are burning...

Personally what bugs my olfactory sense the most at the gym is the women who come in wearing a ton of smelly perfume. God dam it! It's a gym, not a fucking Paris fashion show.

I've actually had to stop my sets and move to another bench when some lady used the bench next to me and well... I was gagging for air.

Red

Destructo is offline Associate Member
    word Red. There's a scene in Pumping Iron II that makes me cringe every time- Rachel McLish(original Miss O) and her cheerleaders are spraying and crimping their hair before they hit the gym. Reality is too harsh to bear sometimes. I can't breathe just watching it.
    The gym needs to be treated like a church- with respect. i hate it when people stink it up with ANYTHING.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    The other day some smelly clown in a tank top dripping sweat all over the place walks up to my buddy and asks if he could work in on his bench LOL! My buddy goes not like that your not . With an offended look the guy asks " Like what? . I couldnt believe it we had to fill this guy in that hes a sweaty smelly idiot .

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by RageControl
    The other day some smelly clown in a tank top dripping sweat all over the place walks up to my buddy and asks if he could work in on his bench LOL! My buddy goes not like that your not . With an offended look the guy asks " Like what? . I couldnt believe it we had to fill this guy in that hes a sweaty smelly idiot .
    HAHA, that's too funny

In response to Red, -- this guy didn't just smell sweaty... he smelt like a dead rat that has been sitting in the sewer for weeks in the middle of a hot summer.

THAT BAD. Like he must not be able to smell smoke if his house is on fire.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    We got one of those a few weeks ago, i mean he smells like 2 months old sweat! And he dosnt even do any heavy weights, he just uses to little dog toy db´s and bars with no plates on. He usually comes in around 3 and i start my workouts at 2, so i know i have had good intensity if i dont see him

Originally posted by rampage76

In response to Red, -- this guy didn't just smell sweaty... he smelt like a dead rat that has been sitting in the sewer for weeks in the middle of a hot summer.
    Oh shit thats nasty...

Unfortunately I know that smell well... ever done volunteer work in a soup kitchen where homeless gentlemen (the walk around with a shopping cart full of hubcaps, scream at the mailboxes and wear a foil helmet to block the government mind control rays kind) go to eat?

In the august heat of the summer? And their last shower was in april the last time they slept at the shelter... and they puked, pissed and shit themselves almost daily since.

I never thought human beings could smell that foul.

Of course if one of the bros at the gym smells like that then yeah... there is a bit of a problem

Red

Thread Information