Terinox is offline The One & Only

Dirty Dirty Snow Weather!!!

Oooooh what a bitch it is ... that snow!

In GTA (Greater Toronto Area) we got about wut, 6+ inches or so! Damn that's nasty (especially when you don't get snow for like a month, but then it's ALL dumped on your ass)!!!

Anywho, I was out shovelling today, which is really nasty (especially since I woke up at like 1pm) so it was all iced up!!! Ouch! So anywho, I was shovelling, and my lower back started hurting! Now, I don't know why it keeps hurting, cuz I was using "proper technique" as it's called. I was bending down, lifting with the legs and all, but still, lower back was a bitch!!!

What am I doing wrong here!!!

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    weather here the last few days has been sleet, ice, rain, refreezing ice, snow, rain, etc. i just hate shoveling snow...fuck that noise. i throw on my lifting belt when i shovel to give me tight lower lumbar support. your back has pressure exerted on it from odd angles when shoveling even if using proper technique. slap on the belt next time and tell us how it goes because the belt always prevents me from hurting after i finish.

Originally posted by daem
    weather here the last few days has been sleet, ice, rain, refreezing ice, snow, rain, etc. i just hate shoveling snow...fuck that noise. i throw on my lifting belt when i shovel to give me tight lower lumbar support. your back has pressure exerted on it from odd angles when shoveling even if using proper technique. slap on the belt next time and tell us how it goes because the belt always prevents me from hurting after i finish.
    Sounds like a grand idea I'll give that a try next time (but I hope there won't be a next time).

I hope it doesn't snow for too long!!! I don't mind the cold weather, but I can't stand the snow and ice and slippery roads!!!

It's almost March dammit!!! Spring is soon to be amongst us!!!

because of the weather patterns as of late i am anticipating a chilly spring and tons of rain...this summer is going to be dry and a scorcher as well. i just wish the temperature would improve to where im not freezing my balls off from the second i step outside til the second im in my car.

maximized is offline Junior Member
    I feel your pain, we got a record 26" here in the baltimore/dc area! insane.

-max

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Don't get me started...I shoved a bit at work after finishing night shift only to go to the inlaws and shovel there drive way. Then after that went to my parents and did theirs too. Thank god I don't have to deal with my own driveway until May. What a pain in the ass!!!!!!! I really need to move south.

Originally posted by Shredz
    Don't get me started...I shoved a bit at work after finishing night shift only to go to the inlaws and shovel there drive way. Then after that went to my parents and did theirs too. Thank god I don't have to deal with my own driveway until May. What a pain in the ass!!!!!!! I really need to move south.

DAMN, three driveways!!! That's insane! Your lower back must be taking one hell of a beating. Damn snow man, wut can you do!

got 4 inches last nite...somehow an inch of ice accumulated as well so i was outside with a shovel beating the shit out of the driveway...i hate ice more than anything especially if it is paired with the snow. my back took a beating and im all tired now from being so damn inefficient in my removal technique

Thread Information