Trevor is offline Associate Member

Where did all these new people come from?

Where have all these new members come from? I seem to have noticed a huge growth lately in the amount of memebers that my home AR has aquired to its board. I see absolutley no problem with the growing membership in fact i think its great except for a few areas. The biggest is that it used to be a major rule on this board that you DID NOT GIVE OUT INFORMATION OR ADVICE unless you knew what the hell you were talking about and had experiance with the exact case in hand. I have seen several post of people that have been members less than a week giving out information on AAS use and critiquing peoples bodies and doing a lil flaming. Have these members EVER DONE AAS? Do they have sufficent knowledge on the info they are giving out?? Some of them might possibly know what they are talking about but i would say that the other 90% of them dont. As a experianced member of this board i have noticed that you can tell alot about a person in the way that he words his post and the questions that he asks. Here is some advice from me to all the new members......spend your time on this board gaining as much knowledge as possible because it is most definetly the most reliable board on the net for AAS information. DO NOT give out advice unless you have experiance on what you are talking about or atleast tell the person in the post that this is only "your opinion" and that you have NO FIRST HAND experiance on this matter......BE HONEST! You must understand that peoles lives are at stake here and a little bad advice to one person could really harm or possibly kill someone. That is all I have to say about that.............and to all the new AR members i welcome you whole heartedly to the best board on the net.

Trevor

mammoth is offline Member
    I agree to a certain extent. However just because a person has only been a member of this board for only a week doesn't mean that they don't know what they are talking about. They could have been members at other boards, or they could have gotten there knowledge the old school way, in the gym! No matter where you go you are gonna hear good and bad advice. You can always find common ground amongst what the majority say. I also don't think that you should judge a person by his wording. Some people just aren't good with words. Why can't people critique bodies even though they haven't done AAS? Not trying to flame you but I think that you are asking alot personally. The experts can tell who the experts are, and if you try to weed out all the bullshit then you are going to end up causing a huge flame war.

Trevor is offline Associate Member
    I respect your comments although you may have read a few things wrong. I have no problem with new people giving advice IF THEY HAVE EXPERIANCE ON THE MATTER. I agree that a new member could have vast amounts of knowledge on AAS and diet but unfortunatley alot of them dont!! Yes people can come over from other boards...you are right on that part......but i think that the experianced members on this board know exactly what i am talking about here. It happens all too often. Mammoth you seem to have taken this a lil bit too personally for some reason and i can speculate why. As for flame wars they do not intrest me at all......a battle of words on the internet is a extreme waste of time.
    Trevor

So why you think I took your post personal? I didn't take it personal at all. As a matter of fact I said that I agree to a certain extent. In your post you questioned peoples knowledge who only had been members for a week. You also stated that you were an experienced member of this board. I am curious, how do you gauge that?

I do agree that there are alot of newbies that come on this board and ask some pretty strange and non-sensical questions however I don't feel that it comes anywhere close to your 90% theory. Speaking for myself, I have absolutely no right to tell another person what he or she does or does not know because I am by no means an expert, and I don't claim to be an experienced member just because I carry the label "Senior Member".

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    you can cover your butt easy if you want.

either only speak of what you personally know or say its just your opinion.

All of us are full of crap at one time or another, we just need to remember that many of the new fellas might not know we joke or are bs'ing.

I just post alot so never take my member status as a gauge to my Intelligence. If i know something i will help you, if i dont i will tell you so.

Well said Buddha!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Where did all these new people come from?

Originally posted by Trevor
    Where have all these new members come from? I seem to have noticed a huge growth lately in the amount of memebers that my home AR has aquired to its board. Trevor
    All the SPRING BREAKER'S are coming out of hiding for mating season...

Thread Information