mustang331 is offline Member

What's the chances of getting HIV??

Just curious is it like 1 out of 5 or something like that, I was seeing this girl for about a month which I found out was sleeping with two other people at the same time, I am very stupid for not using protection but its too late now, I got tested when I went to the hospital for strep throat they tested my blood for eveything. But sometimes it takes longer. I am 23 years old and this bitch was 31 who was comming out of a long marriage, so I felt it was ok not to use a condom STUPID ME! Well anyone got stats or statistics? What is the % chance?

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Not sure about the % of chance of contracting HIV, but I do know from alot of medical studies that it is alot harder for a male to contract it from a infected female then the other way around....

Only thing is if you were exposed to the virus it may not show up for years until your body develops enough antibodies for the test to be positive...

Just because you have one test done know and it comes back negative for the virus does not mean you are in the clear...

I would have a test done at least ever 6 months if you are concerned about it, or if possible find out if the girl has been tested recently or plans to get tested...

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Damn bro, that sux......wish i new more to help you out....bump

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Most people will develop HIV antibodies within three months after infection, the average being 25 days. In rare cases, it can take up to 6 months. Therefore, if you test negative for HIV initially, which you did, you should be retested 6 months later after the last possible exposure....As per your worry, I hope you learned a lesson, and just hope she was not infected. If she was there IS a chance of transmittance although somewhat low (but whats low when your life is at stake?). Get tested again...and practice safe sex...

Originally posted by HeartDocMD
    Most people will develop HIV antibodies within three months after infection, the average being 25 days. In rare cases, it can take up to 6 months. Therefore, if you test negative for HIV initially, which you did, you should be retested 6 months later after the last possible exposure....As per your worry, I hope you learned a lesson, and just hope she was not infected. If she was there IS a chance of transmittance although somewhat low (but whats low when your life is at stake?). Get tested again...and practice safe sex...
    Thanks for the info, but I still have not clue on what the chances of catching it is...

Ok If you sleep with 100 girls random from america, How many do you think have HIV?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by HeartDocMD
    Are you a real doctor?

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    I would be just as worried about getting her pregnant, never mind disease. You ready to be a daddy?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It depends on where you live too - I hear Southeast Asia has a huge HIV/AIDS risk... probably the largest... not sure how it compares to countries in Africa.

Also - chances are much greater if you went in her out hole... ya dig?

Originally posted by Warrior

Also - chances are much greater if you went in her out hole... ya dig?

Yup I did and that's why I am freaking out! ok still no one is helping me here, I just want to know how many people HAVE IT!

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    I'm not sure how you want us to help? There's really only one thing you can do now, and you know what that is- testing. You did it once, wait a little while and do it again. Even if the chance is one in a million, people still win the lottery, or even the bad lottery. If someone here has it, I imagine the response would still be the same- wait a short bit, and get a test to keep your sanity if nothing else.

Well finding out its 1 out of 5 people in america will be worse for me everyday then finding out its 1 out of 5000.. See what I mean?

Found it myself

HIV/AIDS IN THE UNITED STATES
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimate that 850,000 to 950,000 U.S. residents are living with HIV infection, one-quarter of whom are unaware of their infection.(2)

Approximately 40,000 new HIV infections occur each year in the United States, about 70 percent among men and 30 percent among women. Of these newly infected people, half are younger than 25 years of age.(3,4)

Of new infections among men in the United States, CDC estimates that approximately 60 percent of men were infected through homosexual sex, 25 percent through injection drug use, and 15 percent through heterosexual sex. Of newly infected men, approximately 50 percent are black, 30 percent are white, 20 percent are Hispanic, and a small percentage are members of other racial/ethnic groups.(4)

Of new infections among women in the United States, CDC estimates that approximately 75 percent of women were infected through heterosexual sex and 25 percent through injection drug use. Of newly infected women, approximately 64 percent are black, 18 percent are white, 18 percent are Hispanic, and a small percentage are members of other racial/ethnic groups.(4)

In the United States, 816,149 cases of AIDS had been reported to the CDC through December 2001.(5)

The estimated number of new adult/adolescent AIDS cases diagnosed in the United States was 60,805 in 1996, 49,646 in 1997, 42,832 in 1998, 41,165 in 1999, 40,766 in 2000, and 41,311 in 2001.(5)

The estimated number of new pediatric AIDS cases (cases among individuals younger than age 13) in the United States fell from 954 in 1992 to 101 in 2001.(5)

The rate of adult/adolescent AIDS cases reported in the United States in 2001 (per 100,000 population) was 76.3 among blacks, 28.0 among Hispanics, 11.7 among American Indians/Alaska Natives, 7.9 among whites, and 4.8 among Asians/Pacific Islanders.(5)

From 1985 to 2001, the proportion of adult/adolescent AIDS cases in the United States reported in women increased from 7 percent to 25 percent.(5)

As of the end of 2001, an estimated 362,827 people in the United States were living with AIDS.(5)

As of December 31, 2001, 467,910 deaths among people with AIDS had been reported to the CDC.(5) AIDS is now the fifth leading cause of death in the United States among people aged 25 to 44, and is the leading cause of death for black men in this age group.(6)

The estimated annual number of AIDS-related deaths in the United States fell approximately 70 percent from 1995 to 2001, from 51,670 deaths in 1995 to 15,603 deaths in 2001.(5)

Of the estimated 15,603 AIDS-related deaths in the United States in 2001, approximately 52 percent were among blacks, 29 percent among whites, 18 percent among Hispanics, and less than 1 percent among Asians/Pacific Islanders and American Indians/Alaska Natives.(5)

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    I had a condom break with a girl several years ago (one night stand kinda thing), and when I went to get tested the doctor told me it was about a 10% chance of a man catching it from a woman, while the woman has like an 80% chance of catching it from a man.

Still, 10% is too much when my life is at stake.

Good luck bro. Those were the most stressful 6 months of my life.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    its hard being a muscular, attractive guy these days, huh bros? haha

i worry about std's and getting chicks pregnant, just gotta do your best to minimize risks...

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by monstercojones1
    its hard being a muscular, attractive guy these days, huh bros? haha

i worry about std's and getting chicks pregnant, just gotta do your best to minimize risks...

Well then I guess I'm DAMN lucky since I'm a virgin and no girls wanna fuck me

little_indian is offline New Member
    Good luck bro.Do your tests again if you want to be reassured.

Thread Information