Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Terinox is offline The One & Only

Worst Thing You've Done In The Gym

I was just wondering what are some of the worst things you've done in a weight room? Maybe something bad, embarassing, offensive, etc...

Personally I haven't done bad things, maybe once in a while, don't wipe down the equipement after use And sometimes I steal other peoples weights/machines while they are taking a drink

NO SPOTTER

was barely able to get up 315lbs back in the mid 80S. got in a fight with mom, decided to take it out on the bench press, and the bench press won...had to tilt the bar to 1 side and slide out from under the bar sorta speak...

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    Worst Thing You've Done In The Gym ?

join'd!

8 years later im still going cant get away from i goto the gym more than i goto church.

Quad is offline Female Member
    Does worst thing I've WORN in the gym count?

I wore a white bra top to the gym underneath a large tshirt one day and the air was broke in my gym. So, not thinking, I peel my tshirt off and plan to continue my work out. I had a little nip problem even though it wasn't COLD in the gym (if ya get my drift) and about DIED once I realized how stupid I looked. Needless to say, the shirt went back on and I went back home immediately!!
    Winners never quit...Quitters never win!!!

Quad
    why was that bad?

bigtraps is offline Member
    Injury.....allways the worst.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by DevilsDeity
    Quad
    why was that bad?
    Thats what I was saying.... I constantly have my headlights on

I gotta come to your gyms!!!

i need to work on my neck muscles bet i could get some good "rubber necking" there

......hmmmmm anyone have 2 nipples for a dime???

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Oh Ter you bad bad boy, not wipin down the equipment when you are done.. shame on ya..
    Actually the worse thing I have done at a gym was pick up on this girl and ask her to go out to have a bite to eat, come to find out she was my girlfriend's best friend from High School and guess what happened after that? women love to gossip! Can you say:::: Busted?///

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Pee in my pants!

I think we have a winner!
    just try to top that one.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Thumbs down Phoooey !

I farted VERY loudly right as I was squatting a 1 rep max. Everyone was watching because my friend had called a few guys over to help encourage me.

I got the lift, but had a red-face the rest of the night and some of the guys still call me by the nickname of "Stinky".

Originally posted by Sicilian30
    Oh Ter you bad bad boy, not wipin down the equipment when you are done.. shame on ya..
    Actually the worse thing I have done at a gym was pick up on this girl and ask her to go out to have a bite to eat, come to find out she was my girlfriend's best friend from High School and guess what happened after that? women love to gossip! Can you say:::: Busted?///
    !!!!!!!!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Some idiot decided that doing his max on the dumbell press would be best performed WITHOUT a spotter. He got them halfway up and then rolled off the bench onto the floor, with a dumbell bouncing (actually indenting) onto him. I could have helped but he was such an idiot that I decided to walk away and leave him there alone. He got up and was fine, and I still don't feel guilty about it. I tell the story and everyone acts like I'm a heartless bastard.

Quad is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by ann

Thats what I was saying.... I constantly have my headlights on

Ok..I'll get more vivid. I had just had surgery...and one headlight was on and one was off for the longest time!!! WTF!!?!?!?! I found nothing appealing about it!!! I met my now husband while working out at that gym and after we'd been together awhile, he asked about the white bra top. It was in the trash THAT night!!!
    Winners never quit...Quitters never win!!!

Originally posted by 9natural9
    I went commando while wearing surfing shorts...it was leg day and of coarse that includes squats...I finished up my last set and in comes this beautiful woman (I think she had one headlight on, and one off though, lol) anyway...I decided to add one more set just to impress the hottie...my bro and I loaded on the weight...515 pounds and I began to pound them out...1...2...rrrrrrrrip!!!

There I stood, with a semi-boner, bear-white ass, with surf shorts split from my front to my back....it was horrible!!!

Needless to say, I don't think I impressed her....
    I think we have a winner !!!

my mom will be sooooo proud.....:~
    Who is gonna accept the award for you?

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    This some of the funniest shit I've heard in a while-keep it coming..........

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I went commando while wearing surfing shorts...it was leg day and of coarse that includes squats...I finished up my last set and in comes this beautiful woman (I think she had one headlight on, and one off though, lol) anyway...I decided to add one more set just to impress the hottie...my bro and I loaded on the weight...515 pounds and I began to pound them out...1...2...rrrrrrrrip!!!

There I stood, with a semi-boner, bear-white ass, with surf shorts split from my front to my back....it was horrible!!!

Needless to say, I don't think I impressed her....
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    LG you will appreciate this one...a buddy of mine shit his pants squatting...TWICE...and both times he was wearing workout shorts that I lent him!!! He's playing for the cardinals now, so he can afford his own.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    A couple of years back I was training tris with a close grip bench press, I had a good and experienced spotter, he helped me take the bar with 225 lbs. of the rack, as I went to lower the bar it slipped out of my hands crushing onto my ribcage, my ribs caved in about 2 inches and the bar bounced right back up about 6 inches of my chest and came down in a hurry right back onto my ribs. To say the least it hurt like a bitch, no major damage though, I rested 5 minutes and finished off my tri work out and did 3 more sets of close grip bench…moral of the story, don’t be an idiot like me…XXL

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Canes LMFAO i did the same exact thing, i tried to make fart noises with my mouth to cover. Didn't work.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Lots of beautiful women work out where I do, and every now and then, I'll be deadlifting listening to "let the Bodies Hit the Floor" (the only song I listen to when I deadlift) and let out a "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" as I get up the last rep. Then I see girls out at bars who were doing cardio while I was deadlifting and they tell their friends I'm crazy and avoid me like the plague.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    ive seen my buddy throw up while doing a dead lift, now that was funny.... orange juice never looks the same now

freakout is offline Associate Member
    I was in my 1st gym and I was feeling really great that day. Suddenly I heard my favourite song played in the gym and I could not stop dancing in the gym crazily.

After which I turned around with everyone staring at me and I have to come up with an excuse and rush to the toilet to scream!!!

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    funny shit. I must say that I have

1) farted loudly while doing stuff
    2) fainted after a hard lower body workout (i tell ya power cleans followed by jump squats will kill ya)
    3) had sneeze and then realized i had a booger on my face for 1/2 hour.

but the worst is

4) getting caught singing britney spears when i thought i was alone in the gym room

of course now it dont matter cause i lift at home in my basement. i can fart, sneeze, faint, or sing all i want

Cali is offline Female Member
    OK, Quad on days where you don't want the headlights on (or half on as it may be) the band aid trick works...PM me if you need info.

I can't really think of an embarassing moment of my own though. I have plenty outside of the gym...trust me...but none actually in the gym.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Not much compared to the stories above I guess...

Last week I was doing leg presses and farted quite noticeably on the first rep. I tried to walk to a corner and let off some gas before the next set--there was nothing there, so I tried another set and Brrrt--it happened again. That started some snickers.

Well, that process repeated itself for about 6 sets, each one getting louder and louder laughter form the people working out around me! I tried to get the gas out quietly, pre-set, but I guess only a couple-hundred kilos and a good, hard squeeze could do it!

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    You're my kinda grrrl, Quad!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I have puked once after a hard set on the t-bar.

I have a friend that always farts when he deadlifts over 200kgīs.

And ive caught 3 guys singing to Metallica, Linkin Park and Backstreet Boys.

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by broncojosh
    LG you will appreciate this one...a buddy of mine shit his pants squatting...TWICE...and both times he was wearing workout shorts that I lent him!!! He's playing for the cardinals now, so he can afford his own.
    Thats the funiest thing Ive heard in my life!
    LMFAO

I dont have any stories of my self but ill share one that I seen:
    Once me and two of my Co-workers one was a big guy that had been working out for a while, the other was a big guy that wasnt in the gym very much and he wasnt to bright, But he was strong as hell (kinda like retard strenth) But any way the guy that was always in the gym was sqating 450 and the dumb strong guy thought he would give it a shot!
    He got it off the rack and stood there for a sec and just crumbled dropped the wieght! fell flat on his face! Then he got up and said "I dont think Ill try that again!

I was laughing so hard, I couldnt finish my work out I had to leave right then

jbrand is offline Member
    I did cable rows with a semi-broken handle (which I didn't notice);

After like 3 reps, I was going for the concentric portion of my 4th rep when the handle just snapped off and the momentum threw me backwards in which I did like 3 full backflips until I found myself all the way down by the bench presses. It was kind of hard to walk away with confidence as if I used some innovative acrobatic principle in my workout.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    I remember i read a story about a guy who thought he was a hot shot and that squatting 1000 lbs was nothing. He lifted the weight off the rack and then just buckled under the weight which blew his knees out horribly.

One time i was doing barbell shrugs and i was on my last set doing like 355 and one of my deadlift straps ripped in half. Needless to say the noise was extremely loud and everyone stared.

First time i worked out i thought 135 was nothing on bench so i tried it. I lifted it up and brought it down but it kinda smashed into my chest and bounced to the side. Some guy ran over and was like "are you ok?!?"...I was totally embarrased.

My workout partner like to wear his shorts lower then his hips. So we are doing decline and all of a sudden he's like I wanna go, NOW!! So we leave and when we get in the car he tells me his shorts split right down the middle.

One time we got kicked out of the gym for doing deadlifts. Deadlifts make "too much noise" according to the staff that day. It was only a 225 warmup. What pissed me was the next day people were deadlifting and making a ton of noise .

demetri is offline Member
    I can't beat peeing or ralphing orange juice.

I've done my share of farting in the gym but one of the dumbest things I've done was when I first started working out. I was doing 135 bench, a record for me at the time, no spotter of course and my shoulders had a habbit of popping out of the sockets when I did bench back then. I thought I had one more rep in me, even though the last one went up real slow.

I pushed got half way up and ran out of gas. I tried to rack it but missed and droped the bar on my head. I had this nasty gash on my forehead for weeks.

Another time I was doing dumbell shoulder presses with the 100 pound dumbells. I was getting cocky as I found it easier than I thought it would be. So I did a little extra squeeze at the top, my spotter thought that I had it all under control and was eyeing up this chick.

My left arm went backwards all of a sudden, my spotter tried to catch it and missed. My shoulder made this incredibly loud crack and the weight fell on my spotters foot. I was white as a ghost and my spotter was jumping around like a mad man.

I've never tried more than 90s on shoulders since

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Something similar happened to me today. I was on my last set of Dumbbell shoulder press and i was trying to finish the set with one more set using 65's. The dumbbells were going really slow and i figured my spotter would jump but he just barely touched my elbows and then lowered them so he was UNDER my elbows. So i push as hard as I can and get the rep but my right arm fell foward and to the left. I have bad shoulders but the rest of the day in the gym my shoulder was killing. My spot said I should have been more careful. I was friggin pissed at him.

Originally posted by demetri
    I can't beat peeing or ralphing orange juice.

I've done my share of farting in the gym but one of the dumbest things I've done was when I first started working out. I was doing 135 bench, a record for me at the time, no spotter of course and my shoulders had a habbit of popping out of the sockets when I did bench back then. I thought I had one more rep in me, even though the last one went up real slow.

I pushed got half way up and ran out of gas. I tried to rack it but missed and droped the bar on my head. I had this nasty gash on my forehead for weeks.

Another time I was doing dumbell shoulder presses with the 100 pound dumbells. I was getting cocky as I found it easier than I thought it would be. So I did a little extra squeeze at the top, my spotter thought that I had it all under control and was eyeing up this chick.

My left arm went backwards all of a sudden, my spotter tried to catch it and missed. My shoulder made this incredibly loud crack and the weight fell on my spotters foot. I was white as a ghost and my spotter was jumping around like a mad man.

I've never tried more than 90s on shoulders since

OoDee is offline Junior Member
    Well.. I live in Finland. And a year ago I was visiting my cousins at Canada (Victoria BC). And people over there tend talk so fast that sometimes I couldnīt hear what they were saying.
    Anyway, I was just in between sets when a guy doing bench press asked me to spot him. So I went for it... Before starting the set he said (or I think he said) something like "Have you done spotting before". That time I still didnīt know what spotting meant and they guy was talking so fast that I couldnīt tell at all what he was saying. So I was like "What?" and then he repeated what he had just said. And again I was like "what?". He kept asking it over and over again probably 5 or 6 times. I went really nervous and accidently said something like "Iīm sorry I donīt understand. Iīm from Finland". And then was like "Oh... Finland." and didnīt say anything more.
    That doesnīt sound so embarrassing but I really felt like a BIG idiot. I can talk english pretty well (usually people in Finland donīt really speak english too well). But I just went so nervouse that I could hardly get a word out of my mouth...

OoDee

joeyc is offline New Member

bad luck

one time i was going back to the squat rack and it smelled like farts so I turned to walk away and I slipped in some piss. What kind of people do I work out with?

Re: bad luck

Originally posted by joeyc
    one time i was going back to the squat rack and it smelled like farts so I turned to walk away and I slipped in some piss. What kind of people do I work out with?

YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR GYM ASAP!!!

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by jbrand
    I did cable rows with a semi-broken handle (which I didn't notice);

After like 3 reps, I was going for the concentric portion of my 4th rep when the handle just snapped off and the momentum threw me backwards in which I did like 3 full backflips until I found myself all the way down by the bench presses. It was kind of hard to walk away with confidence as if I used some innovative acrobatic principle in my workout.
    That's money bro, I like that one. It's like hitting your head on the equipment or dropping a plate on your foot; no matter how long you've worked out, people think it's your first time ever in a gym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information