Thread: check this out

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

check this out

ok I was looking over glycemic index and readig some info

here is the link
    http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_...b_counting.php

it said that half of the protein we take in is converted into carbs with in several hours?? Is this true? So if your goal is to shool for 300gm of protein day than half of that is being converted into carbs. This all just seemed a bit confusing to me, I know the body will and can convert protein or muscle into other fuel sources if it needs to but...??? Can someone clarify this for me??
    abstrack@protonmail.com

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that would be in a carb depleted state. I am not sure though, I don't know for sure, I know your body will convert protein into glucogen if it needs too, but I didn't think that half of it was converted on a regular basis. I am pretty sure it is a very small amount unless you are low on carbs.

Pain

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    from what i understand is that your body can only process and use a certain number of grams/ hour so anything you have in your system after a couple of hours, turns into carbs and thus possibly fat?! I haven't done much research into this but i that is what i found...since i read that i did some looking around and someplace i found out that my body processes 25-30g's about every 2 hrs, i was getting 50 or more every 2 hrs and losing fat really slowly..since i changed to getting less protein i seem to be losing fat easier...so..leads me to believe it has some truth to it...this probably doesn't help much, but it's what i've found

True, there is a limit on how much protein your body can process and the rest will be converted to waste/energy/fat.

Pain

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ahh, humm?? But would a reduction in protein go against feeding the muscles?? if it is recommended to get in 1.5 to 2.0 gms per lb for an athlete or anybody doing resistence training, than reduction in protein will not allow you to grow as much. Humm I understand the limit on what your body will take and process but I guess I have just ran into a wall and I need to sit back and collect my marbles.... thanks you 2!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

I am pretty sure that 1.5 - 2g has taken into account that some will be converted and used as fuel. They did those tests on people and I am pretty sure they did it by testing nitrogen levels. Therefor I am assuming those are real world numbers not some silly labratory number made up for a fake person that doesn't have any protein lost to conversion. Know what I mean.

Pain

Thread Information