daem is offline Anabolic Member

Catholic lenten woes...

Although I do not claim to be pious or deeply religous, I still adhere to most Catholic traditions including Lent. However, I personally feel like the 'no meat' on fridays during the event is completely bogus. Sacrificing during lent is the entire point, so I figure I will just give up two things instead but keep meat in there. As a lifter giving up the backbone of my diet on fridays for over a month is just impractical. Yes, if I really wanted to I could eat fish, etc. but the problem is that I do not enjoy food from the ocean and most of it makes me vomit. Any other Catholics out there feel the same way?

Got Gear? is offline Member
    I'm not catholic, but I feel the same way!

Seafood sucks and don't take away my regular meat!

What is "lent" anyway?

wimp is offline Associate Member
    i'm catholic and i am with you daem. i dont give up meat on friday but i give up something else instead.

JasonNew-b is offline Associate Member
    In my house, with my wife and my kids...and my dog
    I also grew up Catholic, and still practice Lent. I do give up red meats during but keep in pork and chicken.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I grew up catholic went to catholic schools for 12 years and i do not do follow the religion ever since i graduated in 94'-- I have found that religion has its place for some but for me I feel no need to go to church or practice its holidays. I have found if you try your best to be good and if you do wrong and feel sorry for it, then ask for forgiveness from that person who you have wronged. Things will be ok in the end!! No need for me to console with a priest or go to church.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by abstrack
    I grew up catholic went to catholic schools for 12 years and i do not do follow the religion ever since i graduated in 94'-- I have found that religion has its place for some but for me I feel no need to go to church or practice its holidays. I have found if you try your best to be good and if you do wrong and feel sorry for it, then ask for forgiveness from that person who you have wronged. Things will be ok in the end!! No need for me to console with a priest or go to church.
    This is the same exact thing for me, I gave up religion after I went to catholic school.

Pain

Thread Information