Fooboy is offline Associate Member

Is valium worse than xanax???

Hey all! I was just wondering....is valium a little better than xanax..as in withdrawal symtoms-wise. I know that they are both benzodiazapines and are HIGHLY addictive but just curious. I have much more fun on xanax but ALWAYS get into trouble. Valium just chills me out. So like, will the withdrawal symptoms still be the same since their both classified as benzos? thnx

foobs

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I am usually ok the day after I take xanax but I always feel like shit the day after valium.. So IMO I would say valium has worse withdrawal symptoms.

Pain

nuke is offline Member
    Xanax--- BE VERY CAREFUL !!!! Im not saying im hooked but LOL Ive been taking the for over 5 years.

It started off as fun....If I ever quit cold turkey I would have to either go in rehab or drop my doses down for over a year period......

You choose chief.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    xanax over valium anyday. but like nuke said...dont make it a habbit

Strut99GT is offline Member
    None of the above holmes! Drop it!

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, valium stays in your system for 36 hours as opposed to "xanny", which only stays in your system 12-18, I believe. So you'll feel super sluggish for a while after taking valium.

hmmmm...that's so weird. i feel like all depressed and weirded out after a period of xanax. valium is usually pretty easy to get off of (no pun intended) HOWEVER, I know that going cold turkey after a long period of abuse..or whatever u wanna call it...can cause seizures and stuff. Alcohol and benzos are the most dangerous and most difficult to detox from. I learned that in rehab...hmmmm...maybe i shouldn't be getting pilled out.

foobs

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Well we have some mixed answers. I guess just like everything else that deals with the body, everyone reacts differently to different things.

Pain

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Xanies hit me alot harder and I usually feel like shit the day after... Valiums hardly effect me at all, make me a little mellow, but that's about it and 4 hours later I'm fine... So I'd have to say xanax has morewithdrawl symtoms.. Xanax is without a doubt a more potent drug...

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    damn am I the only one whoes never tried either

adaptations is offline Member
    Originally posted by Full Intensity
    damn am I the only one whoes never tried either
    nope im with ya PPP....never done either

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I like them both, but with alcohol only...usually just alot of beer. I hardly ever drink hard liquor. I don't abuse them though. Last time I took a Xany was 3-4 weeks ago, and it was like half a bar....that ain't shit. I got a friend who gets blue footballs. He and another guy ate 40+ in 3 days.........just be careful with that shit, especially since it seems you have an adddictaive personality (i.e. rehab)

willpharmd is offline Junior Member
    Valium has an active metabolite that has a half life of about 100hrs, so for medical use it is taken once a day. Xanax is cleared much faster and is taken up to 4 times a day.

However, I'm with Strut99 on this. You should drop it. I don't see how anyone serious about lifting would be abusing these drugs (except for sleep with Valium)

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    you f*cking addict, i'm telling your mom...

you see enough pill heads around my house, isn't that deterant enough to not do either?

and i know why you're posting this too. you want xanax but its your DOC and you'll feel bad if you relapse on it so you're looking for a similar alternative...

last weekend better be an isolated incident...

i know you've been skipping gym days also...

grr...

-- clocky baby

Originally posted by clockworks
    you f*cking addict, i'm telling your mom...

you see enough pill heads around my house, isn't that deterant enough to not do either?

and i know why you're posting this too. you want xanax but its your DOC and you'll feel bad if you relapse on it so you're looking for a similar alternative...

last weekend better be an isolated incident...

i know you've been skipping gym days also...

grr...

-- clocky baby
    Last weekend was an isolated incident and I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE GYM AT MY APARTMENT DOODE! But mostly cardio....trying to get all of the toxins outta my system. no worries. and please don't tell my mom. if you do, i'll tell her about you fetish with farm animals.

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Haven't tried Valium, but I love Xanax. I enjoy being on it, and I feel great the next day (well-rested, etc). 1/2-1 bar, a few beers, and call it an evening. I use it sparingly though, becuase the memory thing bothers me. How come nobody mentioned the "blank spots"??

Peace

BIG-G is offline Banned
    i guess none of u guys saw my thread in the steroid pictures forum. Theres actually 2 of em,, one is all the blister packs of xanax, valium and ambiens. The other thread was a table full of everything from nyquill-penecillin-trazadone, shit i cant name em all. Shit i can get fuckin morphine or inject that shit the docs use to knock u out, then do surgery on ur ass! Ketamine anybody?

Jenna is offline Female Member
    I took a whole xanax bar while drinking one night and was arrested for being loud and talking shit to a female cop. That's out of character for me. Xanax made me not know what I was doing and is the only drug I've ever tried where I was out of control. IF I ever do it again, it'll be in my own home where I hopefully won't get in trouble. More than likely though, I won't do it ever again...

<<<< JENNA >>>>

roch is offline Member
    when I got my vasectomy they gave me xanax, and nothing else but a local when I got there. I'd have to say xanax is much stronger. the only regret is I took the pill 20 minutes before I got snipped, and the damn thing really kicked in about a half hour after I was done.

in the immortal words of homer simpson.....DOH!

darmadoc is offline Member
    Xanax has a short half life compared to valium. It kicks in quicker and is cleared more quickly. This leads to more rapid and severe withdrawel than valium. In my experience it is associated with more "buzz" and seems more likely to get people in trouble. I have had more patients get in trouble with xanax than any other drug. You are playing with fire when you mess with that stuff.

Thread Information