BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

......and she laughed.

Guys, for those of you that have known how I've been stressing about my marriage ending and all the problems the wife and I have been having. Well this weekend we shipped the kids to grandma's house and we went out to dinner and a movie. It felt good to see her smile again. We had some drinks and talked about all the stress and fighting we've been under and doing. Well we started laughing and telling jokes, the next thing I know we're walking arm in arm and holding hands and acting like teenagers in love. After the movie we snuggled.... yeah I said snuggled....... on the front patio, talking and just sitting there. It felt great guys... I think the storm is over. We just sat there all night holding on to each other. I can't remember the last time I made her laugh and smile that much, nor the last time she made me feel like a kid again. I don't want to jinx things just yet, but I belive my marriage is saved. Thanks for all the support you guys have shown me.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Glad to hear it.

Love is great when things are good.... but when it goes south it can tear you apart inside.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Good deal Big Texan. Nice to see ur willing to work on ur problems.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Glad to see things may be working out, I couldn't have been happier to get rid of my wife when the time came.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Nice bro

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    cool beans bro, now keep the fire hot and dont be a slacker
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Glad to see things are working out.

Anyone can walk away from difficulties...it takes special people to work on their relationship.

Nothing in life is easy...the sweetest fruit is always at the end of the longest branch!

sigrabbit is offline Member
    It is nice to see a good guy get what he wants, and you truly seem to want to remain married to your wife. I hope everything works out bro.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Sounds like you two just needed something to remind (Texas slang here) Yall of how wonderfull things can be once a moment or situation puts the relationship in perspective.

Good to hear bro

You know Pheedno... you can talk with yout Texas accent here... we all know you're an educated man so no worries.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Glad to hear you two got back to the base of your relationship and had a good time. Dont take her for granted. She still needs to hear that she is pretty and Im sure she still appreciates flowers just because.
    Girls like hand picked flowers but the neighbors keep chasing me out of their garden.

Strut99GT is offline Member
    I'm glad to hear the good news BT.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Congrats bro, Don't go so long without getting away from it all with her. Maybe take a weekend trip together just the two of you.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Great news!!! (for once )

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    good to hear man...i wish you lots o luck!!!!

Vette, hey I try to out run them damn storm clouds...

Rickson, yeah we're planning on it. For the longest time we both would feel to guilty to take a day or two for ourselves but we've realized we really need it. Thanks for all of ya'lls support. I'm just hoping things just get better from here. With her bi-polar I just never know who I'm coming home to. Thanks everyone.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Thats awesome, it feels great once all the fighting stops. Its crazy to think that one day everything is perfect then it all goes to shit. But if you can get back to that starting point it truly is a beautiful thing

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    nice brother good shit

calidude is offline Senior Member
    I know exactly what you are going through bro. It sucks when it gets heated but when you have that time alone it feels great.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    glad to hear it bro! I wish you and your wife nothing but happiness!!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Outstanding news Tex, very, very good to hear, now…………..have some flowers delivered with a note thanking her for a wonderful evening......trust me on this one. And yes they have to be delivered………….don’t just sit there like an ape…………..pick up the phone.

Oh, the note, make it something poetic….nothing sexual (that comes later). If she works in an office make it something she could share with co-workers (because the girls will ask “what did he say?”).

Jugg

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Vette, hey I try to out run them damn storm clouds...

Rickson, yeah we're planning on it. For the longest time we both would feel to guilty to take a day or two for ourselves but we've realized we really need it. Thanks for all of ya'lls support. I'm just hoping things just get better from here. With her bi-polar I just never know who I'm coming home to. Thanks everyone.

DAMM!! You just put a deferent perspective on it. I just got out of a relationship with a girl who was diagnosed manic depressive and not knowing whether the sun is up or down is a mofo!! Thats a tough life to handle bro!! i got to hand it to you for being the man!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Good man B.T. for trying to see things through and workig through the hard times. So many people give up w/out a fight to save what they should. If relationships/marriages can be saved and are worth saving...pull out the big guns. However it is a relief when the burden of unhealthy and unhappy unions seems to be lifted..either through separation or other wise. Again...good job and good luck!

Thanks all, Bamma, I believe you are so right. I hate hearing how people get married and a few months or just a year down the road they divorce. I mean sometimes it has to happen. But my idea is I vowed to love this woman for better and for worse in front of my god and family, and that's not something you just say " Well, we can't agree on what to watch on tv at night, so we're getting a divorce." People just give up to easily on marriage now a days. Besides I'm a very stubborn S.O.B. and I don't like to quit anything I started.

Jugg, as for the flowers...... WAY ahead of ya brother. Had 'em delivered yesterday along with a "sing-o-gram" Yeah it sounds cheesy, but she called me yesterday after it got there crying telling me how much she loves me for putting up with her and her problems. What can I say guys..... I love my wife as much now, if not more, than the first time I ever laid my eyes on her.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Just making sure you're not falling down on the job bro. You're my hero...................you stud you.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Just making sure you're not falling down on the job bro. You're my hero...................you stud you.

..... .......

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    I love my wife as much now, if not more, than the first time I ever laid my eyes on her.
    That's very cool.

hybrid is offline Member
    No one promised marriage would be easy. Props to you for living up to the for better or worse part of the vows. You're a class act for fighting for the one you love.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Bro! F'N AWESOME! A-W-E-S-O-M-E! That's all I'm going to say!
    It's baby steps! Make her feel special show her the love! Let her know you're not going down without a fight!
    You know that with the post baby + the bi-polar + just being an estrogen card carrying member of the oposite sex = alot of hormonal imbalance mixed with an extreme imbalance! Brother, I really hope she sets an even keel! And I hope you guys renew your love with each other, as long as you guys love each other that should be the basis of your "family cycle". Kind of like test right!

I think it's awesome that you guys had moments like that! To relive the honeymoon or the dating, is so important! Stay strong! And I hope there's no more egg shells! And ALOT MORE moments!

SID!

Cheers to you and yours!

Thread Information