BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

I've Been Lying to You All!!!

Inadvertently, of course, lest you think a scandal was about to erupt. However, I went for a physical yesterday (how ironic that the day after my first doctor's office visit in about three or four years finds me deathly sick the next morning) and discovered that I did NOT stop growing at the height of 6'1" when i was about 14. In fact, since my last physical (about three years ago) I've grown to be just about 6'3"!!! No growth from 14-19 whatsoever, then two inches in my twenties....something to think about for those wondering about closed growth plates.

On top of this, it makes me feel a bit better about my aesthetics. I weight 250, but always suspected i had the world's most dense bones, cuz i don't feel as if I LOOK 250. It's only 2 inches, but i'm guessing 250 on 6'3" can look excusably smaller than 250 on a 6'1" frame....so i'm a bit happy about that. The downside however, is even longer muscles to fill out....oh well, something to look forward to.

I throw myself upon the mercy of the AR lounge in begging forgiveness on this most eggregious offense.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    BUMP for all the Teens that think they have stopped growing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I still love you green, just don't lie to me again.

Pain

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    you really think you can trust someone and they go ahead and do this ...congrats on being 6'3 though bro, that has been my height for the last 6 years and i wouldn't trade it for the world.

David B. is offline Member
    Do you ever get lightheaded from the thin oxygen up at that altitude?

--dnb

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    actually it is more difficult to part the clouds and see what is going on below then it is to breath

As soon as I feel better I'm going to go play some hoops. It's funny, I feel oddly like a different person. There's something about being over 6'1" that is just so empowering...you know, there are several studies that point to height as one of the most reliable indicators of future success.

JasonNew-b is offline Associate Member
    In my house, with my wife and my kids...and my dog
    I had pretty much the same thing happen from 21 to 25. At 21 I was 6'3" then at one of my physicals last summer (25) the doc tells me I'm 6'5"! WTF?
    And trust me, if you weren't good at hoops at 6'1", 6'3" won't help. Hell I'm 6'5" and this white boy still can't jump.
    Congrats on the 2" though.

Originally posted by JasonNew-b

And trust me, if you weren't good at hoops at 6'1", 6'3" won't help. Hell I'm 6'5" and this white boy still can't jump.
    Congrats on the 2" though.
    Hey, who said i sucked at b-ball? I never said that....though kudos on your powers of deduction, becuase i haven't touched a ball in about four years and probably do suck. But in my day..........

mammoth is offline Member
    I wish I was 5'9" at least. I can't stand being tall! I was 6'3" when I was in the sixth grade. I am now 6'8" with a shoe size of 16! Do you know how hard it is to lift weights with that kid of leverage working against you?! Welcome to the Jolly Green Giant Club BigGreen!

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    How can you guys not notice you get taller.. I mean one inch is no biggie. (however still noticable) but 3'' is huge

The profile has been officially updated....first there was shawn bradley, then Yao Meng, now BigGreen. FKITLETSGO: my girfriend of several years swore I'd gotten taller since we met, and I do recall more than a few instances of cars seeming a bit smaller than they were in the past (all the growth was in the trunk, because my inseam is the same)...but truth be told, as soon as i got into bb'ing, the only measurement I was concerned about was weight....i probably could have shot to 6'7" without noticing anything but the part and parcel weight gain....

Yung Wun is offline Member
    theres hope for me
    i just want to be in the six sumthin

My "location" in my profile now reflects this newfound information...had we not had (sorta) a discussion about changing avatars, my new one would be manute bol

roch is offline Member
    I would love to be able to dunk. If I could use that synthol to jump higher then....

Thread Information