BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

anyone else get screwed up when someone changes their avatar?

Maybe i'm just a visual person, but I primarily "know" everyone on this board from their avatars as opposed to their screen name, so each time someone switches over, it takes at least a week for my dumb ass to realize who the hell they are. I'm always like, "what happend to (insert name here) and who is this newbie who strangely reminds me of (insert name here)". I'm proud to say mine has not changed since day one (well, i went from black and white to color). I'll be here when I'm 30 and people will still assume i'm a college student since i don't plan on changing it....unless of course I go on to law school...then i may need a new emblem...but i'll be sure to make it a well-publicized change.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Hell ya, I am like who is this newbi acting like they are someone important then come to find out it is so-and-so. I will never change my pic don't worry, I get confused easy and I don't want to screw myself up. Start agreeing with my own comments. hahaha

Pain

Exactly! When MadMax switched to to his latest, I was up in arms for about a week wondering who the hell this "know-it-all" newbie was. Same thing with Warrior

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    I change mine every once in awhile just because I get bored very easily. You can tell its me because my avatar will always be stupid and humorous (IMO) and my location will always be "Aspen"

Originally posted by painintheazz
    Hell ya, I am like who is this newbi acting like they are someone important then come to find out it is so-and-so. I will never change my pic don't worry, I get confused easy and I don't want to screw myself up. Start agreeing with my own comments. hahaha

Pain

I agree, (shit I haven't even changed my pic and I am already doing it)

Yup, Palme had me screwed up for awhile too. Warriors aren't usually that bad because they are all pretty much the same.

Pain

palme's avatar makes me automatically assume hes a badass.

does anyone else notice that? i tend to think people with BB's in their avatar are big themselves for some reason. ahhh- the power of suggestion.

Originally posted by monstercojones1
    palme's avatar makes me automatically assume hes a badass.

does anyone else notice that? i tend to think people with BB's in their avatar are big themselves for some reason. ahhh- the power of suggestion.
    What about when people have hot girls, I sometimes think I am talking to a hot girl. I doubt calidude is some large breasted hot chick. Unless he got some bad Gyno.

Pain

Before Warrior started with the green tints of his pic, didn't he have some cartoonish/clipartish bald jacked guy with a black background? I may not be bright, but i can recognize it as warrior when it's the same green pic with a slightly different pose.

I agree, i think, with the bb'ers as avatar suggestion, but when people put lesser known builders as their avatars, I sometimes wonder if they do so in the hopes that, momentarily, people will assume it is them. But, hell, i've never taken psyche. Mine will forever be the same, like i said, until i go onto further schooling....then I might reconsider....yup, boys, familiarize yourself with that Harvard emblem now so you'll recognize me a few years down the road.

thats good gyno IMO. the hot girls throw me off. i dont mind em. im thinking of posting nekkid pics of my ex gf. still debating tho.

haha big green- ill see you there Harvard Law.

im serious too

For real, cojones? That or Yale are the only places I want to end up...chicago too i guess. NOt cuz i'm a prestige whore, but because I'd like my law degree to be applied to academic pursuits, something made vastly more attainable through one of those three schools. Have you taken the LSAT yet...or at least started looking forward to it....that's what I get to do this summer.

Wharton for me boys. UMass Amherst and BU is enough New England schooling for me.

Pain

Im only a freshman right now. I have a few years to work it all out at this point.

Damn, I am an old man. I am a geek grad student. No I don't wear sandels and talk about trade journals, unless it is anabolic insider.

Wharton?? Allow me to be the first to call you a sellout hahahahaha

For the 100+k starting salary I will sell out and be proud of it. I can already smell the year long cycle of GH. haha

Pain

That's what I like about law school....the top schools have six figure starting salaries in case i don't want to go into teaching or some social justice program....but, I can always say i'm there to "change the world" even if i'm just counting the days till a hundred grand....there is nothing noble for you to fall back on.....though Wharton has some nice social equality programs.

Originally posted by BigGreen
    there is nothing noble for you to fall back on.....though Wharton has some nice social equality programs.
    I always thought that insider trading and money laundering was a noble fall back, hummm. O well. One of my wise jewish (no offense to anyone) finance teachers once told me, "you can't have money and morals, take your pick"

Pain

Have you read "monkey business"? Phenomenal book written by two B-school grads (one from wharton and one from hbs).....you should if you haven't

No I haven't, please give me a little taste of what it is about and maybe if I can pull my nose out of the diet/nutrition books I will give it a read.

Pain

Okay, here's the excerpt from the back cover:

"Fresh out of Wharton and Harvard business schools, John Rolfe and Peter Troob ran willingly into the open arms of investment bank giant Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette. They had signed on as foot soldiers in a white-collar army of overworked and frustrated lemmings furioiusly trying to spin straw into gold. They escaped with the remnants of their sanity - and, ultimately, this book. Uncensored, unsanitized, and uncut, it captures the chaotic essence of the Wall Street carnival and the outlandish personalities that make it all hum...and it will become the smartest, most entertaining investment you'll make this year."

It's a very well written book, with the two of them taking alternating chapters or something to that effect...humorous and smart.

Sounds good, I will pick it up at my weekly browsing of barnes and nobles. Thanks. That is what I am worried about going into heavy finance for and probably why when I get my MBA I will just go for some plush VP job or management job and be able to relax a little. The truth of why I am not on wall ST. now is because there are other things that are more important to me right now, BBing mainly. High stress, and 80hour work weeks don't really support bodybuilding. I would have to run fina just so I wouldn't lose muscle from my stress. haha. O well, that is life.

BTW how did this tread get to this point. Weird.

Pain

Originally posted by painintheazz

BTW how did this tread get to this point. Weird.

Pain
    Was just thinking the same thing...probably shoulda PM'ed that info...but i'm hoping a few people see the book "review" and give it a shot.

I hear you on the hours...i interned at a place like that in NYC and as a freakin unpaid intern they had no problem asking me to put in 80 hour workweeks all summer. I can only imagine what they do to the people actually sucking their funds. I came out of that internship in the worst shape of my entire life (combination of hours, lack of sleep and catered breakfasts, lunches and dinners being the only real food option most of the time)....wish i snapped some pics cuz then i could REALLY look like i made a transformation. Suffice to say, that was not a summer in which i saw the beach.

Decoder is offline Banned
    damn you guys are post whoring! i recently changed my avatar it's me decoder!

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    Perhaps the doctor should get an avatar?

-SF

Yes, you definitely need one...preferably something to do with bill & ted's excellent adventure...no clue where that came from.

ANd, is it really post-whoring once you've become a senior member? I mean, does post amount mean anything after that....oooh, that's right...forgot about the source button....never mind, i've said too much.

flex321 is offline Member
    since the thread left it's original topic I'll just support Big Green and say "Monkey Business" "liar's Poker" are the top two books IMO for people interested in investment banking. They give the people with the uninformed attitude of investment banking a big jolt and what it's really like for a virgin to the feild.

roch is offline Member
    hookd on foniks werked fer me. seriously though, I like the fact that we have many memebers who are smart as hell on this board. It makes the fact that people on AAS are not just stupid apes that rage all the time. We (me especially) are the cream of the crop in society since we are doing the big money jobs and taking illegal drugs at the same time. top and bottom feeders at the same time. now if i ever meet you'll know it, I'm the guy asking if you'd like to super size your meal for .59 cents more.

if the typing looks like crap its cause my reply field is totally blacked out and I cant see what I'm typing.

Originally posted by roch
    hookd on foniks werked fer me. seriously though, I like the fact that we have many memebers who are smart as hell on this board. It makes the fact that people on AAS are not just stupid apes that rage all the time. We (me especially) are the cream of the crop in society since we are doing the big money jobs and taking illegal drugs at the same time. top and bottom feeders at the same time. now if i ever meet you'll know it, I'm the guy asking if you'd like to super size your meal for .59 cents more.

if the typing looks like crap its cause my reply field is totally blacked out and I cant see what I'm typing.
    Agreed, I like knowing that there is a large amount of educated juicers out there, or even bro's that are just smart enough to join a board and do a little research into working out and gear.

Pain

Thread Information