Thread: "Alias" & "24"

Terinox is offline The One & Only

"Alias" & "24"

Man...what can I say, are these not the BEST shows right now!!! I mean "24" is SUCH A KICKASS show! What do you guys think about it?!? Ever since I watched the first episode it got me hooked so well. It's just so creative having a whole 1-hour episode reflect exactly 1-hour of their day!!! Not to mention the actors are great. Sutherland (sp?) does a fantastic job, and all the other actors too, working for the president...just amazing!!! This show is truly addictive!!! Almost as addictive as steroids , and just as much fun!!!

Alias also is a kick ass show, and Jennifer Garner is HOT HOT HOT!!!

How many watch these shows? What you guys think?!

If you disrespect my shows...i'm gonna kick your ass

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    24 is sweet...i think the entire temporal setting used is a great way for the producers to foster continuity and really delve into a great plot in sort of a pseudo-novel type way...however, it will be interesting to see what next season will bring since the last two have been about cataclysmic bombs that need to be located or mass destruction ensues. if they could incorporate a story that is as gripping and suspenseful as terrorism while tryin to remain true to the unique aspects of the show then i think that it will continue to be the best drama television has seen in a long while.

i don't watch alias...sorry

Originally posted by daem
    24 is sweet...i think the entire temporal setting used is a great way for the producers to foster continuity and really delve into a great plot in sort of a pseudo-novel type way...however, it will be interesting to see what next season will bring since the last two have been about cataclysmic bombs that need to be located or mass destruction ensues. if they could incorporate a story that is as gripping and suspenseful as terrorism while tryin to remain true to the unique aspects of the show then i think that it will continue to be the best drama television has seen in a long while.

i don't watch alias...sorry
    TOTALLY agree!!! A very nicely thorough analysis you made there bro

Unfortunetly I missed the first season So i'll have to wait and buy it on DVD some time. I also agree with you about next season (if they continue the show). I was having this discussion with my friend recently. They have done SUCH a good job so far, it will be VERY hard to meet the hardcore fans expectations. I mean, damn, the show is so good now, who knows what will happen in the future. I pray to GOD that they don't just stop the show and keep going for a long time!

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i have the first season on DVD...one of my favorite sets outside of the sopranos and simpsons...i highly recommend it.

Originally posted by daem
    i have the first season on DVD...one of my favorite sets outside of the sopranos and simpsons...i highly recommend it.
    Damn that's sweet! I'll try and get my hands on it asap!!!

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    i soooo wanted to get into 24. i watched the first couple of episodes but totally lost it cuz i was so busy. I totally wanna catch up again! good stuff. i dunno about Alias though....it's good but not my style

calidude is offline Senior Member
    i loved jennifer garner in the "DARE DEVIL"

durbin22 is offline Member
    I like 24 but The Shield is my favorite.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    hmm, what stations are these on? i'm pretty sure my tv only gets espn and ppv

Originally posted by mnkc
    hmm, what stations are these on? i'm pretty sure my tv only gets espn and ppv
    I'm in Canada and so our cable channels will def. differ. But I believe in some places in the states, they show "24" on Tuesdays at 9pm, channel "FOX"

Alias, I believe they show Sunday night, 9pm, on "ABC"

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    k, i'll be checkin them out, that's about the time i finally get to chill out with my last meal before bed thanks

Originally posted by mnkc
    k, i'll be checkin them out, that's about the time i finally get to chill out with my last meal before bed thanks
    Sounds good, hope you enjoy. You can also go to www.fox.com and then click on the site for the show "24" and they have all the episodes written out there to catch up. They give short descriptions of what happened within the hour

durbin22 is offline Member
    The shield is on F.X. @ 10pm est.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I just stumbled onto this thread and had to comment. 24 is the baddest show that has been out in a very long time. I got addicted to it last year after watching the first episode. It's funny how popular it is because when it first aired there was talk of cancelling it because it couldn't get the ratings. Good thing they didn't!!

About a year ago we bought this thing called a satellite PVR recorder. It's a digital satellite and works kind of like a VCR, but you can pause live tv and record, fast forward, and a buch of other crazy shit. Anyway, I never used to watch tv until we got this thing because I am so busy with work, but now I am like a crack junkie. The Shield, 24, Third Watch, Alias, ER(of course), John Doe, Fastlane..Jesus, I sound like a tv guide advertisement. Anyway, if you haven't seen 24, catch it!!

Doc M

Must go now, recorded The Shield tonight and have an early surgery tomorrow, so I should rest so I don't perform the wrong procedure due to lack of rest..lol...

Originally posted by Doc M
    I just stumbled onto this thread and had to comment. 24 is the baddest show that has been out in a very long time. I got addicted to it last year after watching the first episode. It's funny how popular it is because when it first aired there was talk of cancelling it because it couldn't get the ratings. Good thing they didn't!!

About a year ago we bought this thing called a satellite PVR recorder. It's a digital satellite and works kind of like a VCR, but you can pause live tv and record, fast forward, and a buch of other crazy shit. Anyway, I never used to watch tv until we got this thing because I am so busy with work, but now I am like a crack junkie. The Shield, 24, Third Watch, Alias, ER(of course), John Doe, Fastlane..Jesus, I sound like a tv guide advertisement. Anyway, if you haven't seen 24, catch it!!

Doc M

Must go now, recorded The Shield tonight and have an early surgery tomorrow, so I should rest so I don't perform the wrong procedure due to lack of rest..lol...
    DAMN STRAIGHT! FELLOW "24" LOVER I hope you enjoyed tonights show, it was great, with the bomb going off n shit!

Also, are you a real surgeon?

Yes!

nuke is offline Member
    The bomb went off, but WTF ?? Theres 9 episodes left.
    What possible angle can they take ?
    Is te bomb real ? Yes
    Maybe they will go into the Middle Eastern connection.

It is a great show though !!!

Originally posted by Doc M
    Yes!
    Wow that is cool! What kind?

Cosmetic/Plastics/Reconstructive..Mailnly cosmetics though!!

Decoder is offline Banned
    what is 24?

Originally posted by Decoder
    what is 24?
    It's that big hit tv show with Kiefer Sutherland. You have no heard of it before?

Try www.fox.com and then click on their "24" link. It is quite a popular show.

It is on FOX on Tuesday nights at 9pm. It is VERY interested, the nuke just blew up in the dessert, and they are about to track down all the people responsible

Decoder is offline Banned
    thanks princess

Originally posted by Decoder
    thanks princess

Thread Information