fattymcbutterpants is offline Senior Member

Business Venture Ideas

Anyone have any good ideas for a business for a college freshman sick of school haha? I mean i know of course nobody is gonna give away some amazing idea but I just wish i could think of something good because I really would like to own my own business. I have a mowing business in the summer that I am planning on expanding this summer nothing insane lol but still alot bigger than before but idk school is getting old quick haha. I am good with investing and financial type work and have a variety of skills.

Pretty much just creating this for fun lol

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Frozen cocktail machine party hire.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Become a pimp. Very lucrative and lots of fringe benefits.
    Meth lab.
    gun runner
    drug store cowboy
    professional clown
    male stripper
    male gigolo
    Find an old widow and become her companion

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I brewed beer for 5 years and raised rabbits to put meat on the table.... I always fantasized about opening a brewpub that served my home brew and grilled rabbit as the main entry... a place you can go to throw darts, play a game of chess, pool, local college bands at night. So I took a few accounting classes to learn about that "book keeping" thing. Now I'm a CPA running a $40million project in Afghanistan....

....looks like I gotta little off track?

the best entrepreunerial entreprises arise out of a passion you may have and expand on that. Besides masturbating, what else are you interested in? =)

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    funeral parlor!

jbm
    DSM's boy toy!

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    landscaping can bring in good money but u need commercial accounts and well to do rich residential accounts 2 trucks 4 guys can make you after paying them 80k a year with as little as 200 accounts iv done it for many years back in detroit i had two detroit red wing lawyers accounts a gm account for 1 year had to drop it they think you should go that extra mile cause of who they are u have to remember to treat all accounts the same

if you went full time at this for 4 years i have no doubt you would make between 80k in your pocket to as much as 200k per year iv know place who have pulled that kinda cash flow in as little as 2 years and dont be afraid to pay cash to some people it saves you money in the long run and helps people like me who dont wanna report every cent taken in

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Brothel?

naw... he couldn't handle a brothel... he'd suck up all the profits

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    shit..... buy a grease truck and drive around to construction sites and college campuses.....

people love getting fat..... might as well help them achieve happiness while making a good buck.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    naw... he couldn't handle a brothel... he'd suck up all the profits
    First lesson in the vice business...never use your own product.

Hahah I have seriously considered many illegal professions, but I think I will stick with legal for now lol. But I like being outdoors, I like being in the action (considered going into military or working my way into swat or DEA) I am currently in school to become an RN. Uhhh I really enjoy the stock market and investing, I am pretty smart and can do quite a few different things...just a little background haha

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    Brothel?
    ^winner!

I say combo of Brothel and Pizza restaurant.

You could have really good pizza OR really hot women.

The women can split between duties in the restaurant and the Brothel.
    Little bar in the corner....

This should be located in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    landscaping can bring in good money but u need commercial accounts and well to do rich residential accounts 2 trucks 4 guys can make you after paying them 80k a year with as little as 200 accounts iv done it for many years back in detroit i had two detroit red wing lawyers accounts a gm account for 1 year had to drop it they think you should go that extra mile cause of who they are u have to remember to treat all accounts the same

if you went full time at this for 4 years i have no doubt you would make between 80k in your pocket to as much as 200k per year iv know place who have pulled that kinda cash flow in as little as 2 years and dont be afraid to pay cash to some people it saves you money in the long run and helps people like me who dont wanna report every cent taken in
    I probably overstated the size of mine but I am only starting off with 3 so far but I havent even gone trying to find any yet I havent had a chance so thats better than nothing. But I am shooting for at least 20. I have a truck, trailer, and 2 ZTR mowers counting my friend who will be helping me when I need it. Basically I wanna find as many as possible. My soring break starts this coming up weekend. I have business cards at home so saturday I believe I am going to just do it the old fashioned way and I am going to go to a few neighborhoods and knock on every single door and talk to them lol. Cant guarantee a high success rate considering alot already have their yard mowed but as many as i plan on knocking on if i find 1 every 10 or so that will still be pretty good.

I also am trying to figure out how to work on getting some businesses and churches. I might try going to a few of the churches in the area and offering my services and im not sure where else to try. Oh and I am advertising to do Mowing, Mulching, and Trimming but I also will offer to do window washing as long as its nothing over maybe a low 3rd floor window if that. But the standard rate for that is around $3-7 a window pane if im not mistaken so that will be a way to make a little extra cash if I dont find as many yards as I would like.

Thats the plan for this summer though. I have 2 truck magnets, a bumper sticker and a bunch of business cards to get things started lol. Also I have given alot of cards to some friends of mine that are going to attempt to help me find some yards

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ender- View Post
    ^winner!

I say combo of Brothel and Pizza restaurant.

You could have really good pizza OR really hot women.

The women can split between duties in the restaurant and the Brothel.
    Little bar in the corner....

This should be located in Vegas.

We can set one up here Ender....just call me Madame C. Oh....we're gonna need some Quality Assurance testers.......

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Just noticed the tags for this thread...LMAO

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    the best entrepreunerial entreprises arise out of a passion you may have and expand on that. Besides masturbating, what else are you interested in? =)
    That's funny

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Just noticed the tags for this thread...LMAO
    Haha I was wondering how long it would take anybody to notice those lol

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Open one of these:

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Whore yourself out to fat chicks.

you all are thinking and i like it, lol any suggestions for the mowing business this summer?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Here is an idea for the business card.

Front of card: "We will put anything in our mouth for $1."

Back of card: "Just kidding , we mow lawns."

Haha thats funny man it will definately get some attention

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Whore yourself out to fat chicks.
    cals going to be mad your cutting in on his action

make up some cheap flyers to leave behind most people hate door knockers

10 bucks for a front and back cut and trim 15 if they want bushs trimmed

keep it cheap you wanna try and steal people away from others

if you can get 10 people with in a 2 mile square block ull make money no problem when if you try to expand try and keep it close to your starting point cause gas is going to keep going up so u need to try and keep the cost down low and alot of jobs come by word of mouth put flyers in local stores with tabs that can be pulled off with a number to contact you by
    find a tree cutter who you can side job out to for a % youll do fine

yea I figured not everyone would like door knockers lol I am a pretty good people person but still i do agree. But yea everyone charges like 60-75 a yard around here they are bigger yards but still. last year i did 20-30 a yard and had one really big $100 one but im thinking my prices should beat everyones in the area they charge so much. But I am just hoping I can find enough to really build up some savings this summer

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Sheashaa Cafe, this is very popular in the middle East and is taking off in the US

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    Sheashaa Cafe, this is very popular in the middle East and is taking off in the US
    You mean a Hookah hut? I would never do that, to many chances of getting busted for people bringing in their own smoke and you getting shut down. Ive never understood the desire to do something like that either except for certain cultures in the middle East as you say who like it and it reminds me of the old school opium huts.

added a relevant tag to the thread

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    We can set one up here Ender....just call me Madame C. Oh....we're gonna need some Quality Assurance testers.......
    I'll take care of that..... you need someone with experience to make sure they're of good quality. Someone like cal's view of women is skewed..... he wont be able to judge how a skinny woman performs.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I'll take care of that..... you need someone with experience to make sure they're of good quality. Someone like cal's view of women is skewed..... he wont be able to judge how a skinny woman performs.....

~Haz~
    You might have to eat pizza too.

Thanks for the extra tag Haz haha

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    if you want some extra money on the side i recommend you get some stencils and go door to door offering to spray paint peoples address on the curb for 5-10$ i used to do this all the time.. another good option is going to local businesses and offer to clean their windows.. for like 2 story buildingh and lower... low start up cost and it is easy.. it is also expandable if you get them into monthly or every 3 month contracts.. all you need is a brush and latters and a long stick which you can get at a pool cleaning store.. depending where you are.. pool cleaning can be lucrative too...

Quote Originally Posted by fattymcbutterpants View Post
    Anyone have any good ideas for a business for a college freshman sick of school haha? I mean i know of course nobody is gonna give away some amazing idea but I just wish i could think of something good because I really would like to own my own business. I have a mowing business in the summer that I am planning on expanding this summer nothing insane lol but still alot bigger than before but idk school is getting old quick haha. I am good with investing and financial type work and have a variety of skills.

Pretty much just creating this for fun lol
    If you want to get into the big bucks, create a legal company and start doing commercial properties..like gas stations and denny's and shit.. they make ridiculous amounts of cash for nearly no work at all.. that is where the money is, not in private landscaping.

P.S. you read the tags on this thread??? frigging hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    if you want some extra money on the side i recommend you get some stencils and go door to door offering to spray paint peoples address on the curb for 5-10$ i used to do this all the time.. another good option is going to local businesses and offer to clean their windows.. for like 2 story buildingh and lower... low start up cost and it is easy.. it is also expandable if you get them into monthly or every 3 month contracts.. all you need is a brush and latters and a long stick which you can get at a pool cleaning store.. depending where you are.. pool cleaning can be lucrative too...
    Yea man thats a good idea on the stencils and I already had planned on doing the window washing. Not too many people have pools around here though so that wouldn't workout to great I dont believe. But I am planning on charging like $4 or 5 per window on houses and stuff and idk how to price larger windows like a church or business type window. Also if its a taller building I can operate a scissor lift or maybe one of those little bitty towable bucket lifts. Either way I can rent them from Home Depot and just include the rental in the price.

But what all is required for making a company legit? I was looking at getting insurance in case a rock shoots out and hits a window or something just to be safe but I wasnt sure about turning it into an actual company. If its not hard too do and not expensive then I would definately look into doing that.

starting a company is easy, but different in every state.. i used to live in the capital i just filled out the form, went to the busines registration office and paid the hundred bucks and BAM i had a company.. then i would call the IRS and get business tax id number in 30 minutes.. no big deal easy as hell to do.. just google it.. because no one is going to want to cut a check to you in your name.. come up with a name and take it from there. good luck

Yea I wasnt sure about the getting paid stuff. When I have only had a couple its been friends yards pretty much so they just paid me, but my company is my last name ******** Lawn Care. If I open up a business checking account would I be able to deposit them under that name so people can make it out to the company not just me?

Also if I do make it a legitimate business how exactly does taxing work on that? Thanks for the help man

jbm
    be a priest

Thread Information