Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car woes

Padawan is offline Associate Member

Car woes

I really hate working on cars. Let me set that stage before I begin...

I have a 2001 Toyota Celica. It has 28,000 miles on it, most of which are highway miles, and not the stop and go kind, either. I've done all of the scheduled maintenance on the car, per the owners manual.

Just today, a noise started coming from the clutch pedal. It's a chirping noise, that matches the speed of the engine. Depressing the clutch about 1/2" makes the noise go away. With the clutch disengaged, the noise also goes away. If the car is out of gear, there is no noise. When the car is cold, it does not make this noise.

I do not race around in the car, and drive it normally.

Any ideas what this is?

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    padawan..

i drive a 02 Celica, and race the living shit outta mine

mine started squeeking when i would put it in gear....the clutch pedal squeekin' is more than likely some time of oil or lubricant.

mine was gear oil, instead of slidding smoothly it was vibrating against the ring in the gear, and squeekin...

yours is more than likely the same thing...warranty will cover it..

when you depress the pedal, your putting pressure on the plate, which keeps it from vibrating so you dont hear the noise...

hope this helps

let me know how it goes

K'Fit

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Another idea...is it a chirping noise, kind of like a cricket? I'm pretty sure it's your throwout bearing. It's part of the clutch assembly...the same thing happened to my stang after I had it a year or so.

David B. is offline Member
    Originally posted by Strut99GT
    Another idea...is it a chirping noise, kind of like a cricket? I'm pretty sure it's your throwout bearing. It's part of the clutch assembly...the same thing happened to my stang after I had it a year or so.
    I agree, if the noise goes away when you apply a slight pressure to the clutch pedal, then it's probably the throwout bearing.

--dnb

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    id say throw out bearing also
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like throw out bearing lost its grease. Just about a year ago i thought my throw out bearing was bad with similar symptoms turned out i wiped the bearings in the tranny! Good Luck!

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    p.s a throw out bearing will make noise for many thousands of mile sbefore it actually gives.

Took it into Toyota today, and they said it was likely the throw out bearing. It is covered under the warranty, luckily, since I am about to do the 30k service, which in itself is not cheap, and I just bought my cycle.

Thanks for the help.

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    u may need a new air freshener...

BIG-G is offline Banned

fuck brand new cars....

I personaly find it more interesting, reliable, and smarter to buy and older make/model car and put a few grand into customising it. The car becomes original with creativity and ur "clutch problems" wont exist cause u put in an aftermarket "twin plate clutchmaster" in a fuckin 4-cylinder with more balls then most cars to date!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car woes-prelude.jpg  

BIG-G is offline Banned

different lighting

another pic, same angle, no license to drive her till aug 03.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car woes-im000678.jpg  

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    But G at the end of the day its still only a prelude LOL j/k bro. Ive got a holden commodore VK with a factory 308 V8 its an 1986 and boy its fun, i mean the parts are in abundance and cheap unlike these late model rice cookers..........HITMAN

BIG-G is offline Banned
    Ive got 5 months to save up $$bling bling$$ to put a new motor in this bitch; yeah thats right i blew the motor racin her and part the reason why i lost my license for 3 years! Only money will tell how fast she'll be come august!

Buy a bike...cheap speed baby. GSXR-1000 will smoke just about any car on the road, and for about half the price.

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Oh I don't know,I've got a 2000 neon that alot of rice warriors dream of beating.My own Honda 919 can't beat it.Toyz are a beautiful thing!

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    there is no way a car is going to beat that bike
    JLI

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    should of got a german car!

hey G ,that think look liek it camme stright outta fast in the furious ,putting a couple grand to car that cost 5 gran is useless and stupid ,u put more money in the car then the car is worth its elf then if u wanna sell it ur skrewed,and no matter wht u put into it its still goona me a 4 cylinder riceburner!have a rice day !

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Originally posted by Fooboy
    u may need a new air freshener...
    Not in this puppy you wont!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car woes-2003-sl55.jpg  

mammoth is offline Member
    Originally posted by jleighty17
    there is no way a car is going to beat that bike
    JLI
    There are many cars that could beat that bike! Bugatti for one!

ok G child i just droped mu load !that sl 55 amg is sick !

BIG-G is offline Banned

To everyone....

Padawan,, no can do for a bike. Im not putting mt 6 yr old son on a ninja!!! To big n,, i beg to differ,, the blue book value on the car is still around $3,500 or so. Plus with the add'ons, any fuckin 18yr old will spend 5 grand on her,, how do i know this,,, because i get offers all the time for it!! Shes got everything in her that i could find. These cars (rice rockets) as some of u put it, with the right equiptment can easily achieve miracles on the tack and on the 1320! AND FINALLY,, g chiold, thats not ur car, everyone look closely to the left, theres a porshe in a lineup of other fancy cars that he just took a picture of!!! Ha, ha busted! Im going to post pictures of my 1st car i did up because this was in 1995 that i started fuckin with 4 bangers,, way before the movie "fast and the furious" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car woes-interior.jpg  

that interior of that car is jacked up looks like it came staright outta the ghetto !bro id its not force fed ur lucky if that thing can get out of its own way !dont try to sit and tell me about cars bro ,ill school you ,i use to drag 500 hp rockets for years ,now dont have the time ,building motors swapin motors ,started with diamond stars ,ended up in german cars now ,fast with class ,nothing like 700 hp techart 993 ,or a 550 hp supercharged s54 motored ///M.G child never said that thast his car by the way he just posted a pic of it .

BIG-G is offline Banned
    well i never claimed her to be a superstar but it was mine and thats all that counted. I made a thread of my 1st 4 banger. While the cars of today would eat her up, she took down her fair of claim to fame. (this was also years ago), i dont mess w/em just like u said, no time. Only time for GYM,, EATING,,SLEEPING,, MAKIN ENOUGH$ TO BUY SUPP & GEAR!!! heheee!

hehehe i know right ?just liek ur car need s its own kind of gear ,cuase ita high performance machine the same as your body need s its gear cuase its like a high performance machine

Originally posted by mammoth

There are many cars that could beat that bike! Bugatti for one!
    i was talking about the neon. but i still dont think there are many cars that can beat the bikes. maybe the lingfelter vette or whatever that ran 0-60 in 1.97 seconds on slicks and other 200,000 cars but for a normal person who doesnt have that much money its far a few in between that can run with a bike. i have a 600 and it runs 12's inthe quarter and a 1000gixxer is a big difference.
    JLI

my feind has a supra that smoked a gixxer 750 ,have it video too
    ,867 whp .

Had an awesome time in my buddy's 1987 Buick Regal "Grand National" GNX (yes a GNX... 300hp) a few years back...

Shame he totalled it... that thing was damm scary. Even it's "sleeper" look was mean. This guy went thru so many sets of tires, I think he kept Goodyear in business all by himself He was indeed Mr. Smoke-Show.

I miss that car so...

Red
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Car woes-gnx1.jpg  

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    Big N...wanna lend me the 12G's so I can drop the stage 3 turbo, new cams, headers, tanobe exhaust, port/polish, bore/stroke , new shaved flywheel/friction plate, stage 3 clutch, upgrade the calipers/pads, 18's, and um...well if ya feel nice can ya help me re-tool the interior..

LOL

as i said before I rock a 02' Celica GTS 4 "BANGER"..lol i get talked so much trash to about it...i've all fast and the furious'd it up...

I just like the idea of a "rice burner" because it's trying to get as much HP as you can outta something that's not suppose to typically get 150-200HP...

I'm running a 1.8L VTec, well technically a VVTi...but who's technical!

I got my car weighin' around 2600, which isnt terrible, considering around here, there are not but a few 4 cyl's that will smoke me.

there are a few, but not many. I dont have anything special..just the performance inatke and i butterfly'd the intake as well...other than that, i just drive the shit outta it...the red line of 7800 RPMS stock does help though..

But seriously BigN..we should get togethor and talk shop!

K'Fit

hey red those things in the straight line are the sickest ,ken dutwieler was runnin 1400 hp n his ,realiably .the turbo wouls spool up and would wanna suck in small animals and children ,
    Now kunip ,you just borught up some old ass memeories bro ,i didnt ehar je pistone crower rods ,and pins ,or ur not gonanbe runnin more then 12 psi on that beast,knife ede and and poilsh the cranka s well ,geta new fly whhel dont ahev it machined it will ward ,and eitehr way regrdles will rattle and clank due to the less rotiation in mass ,3 puck clutch ,will loose streetabilty so unless u just track it i wouldnt get it .ahhh ,my 3 weekness bro pussy ,cars and weights ,!peace drop me a line wheneevr ill help sstill have some hookups around for whheelsand shit .

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!

Re: To everyone....

Originally posted by BIG-G
    AND FINALLY,, g chiold, thats not ur car,
    And just wher the fuck did you see me say that it was my car?

Originally posted by jleighty17

i was talking about the neon. but i still dont think there are many cars that can beat the bikes. maybe the lingfelter vette or whatever that ran 0-60 in 1.97 seconds on slicks and other 200,000 cars but for a normal person who doesnt have that much money its far a few in between that can run with a bike. i have a 600 and it runs 12's inthe quarter and a 1000gixxer is a big difference.
    JLI
    Don't know much about cars do ya bro.?Yes my neon will out run my 919 a
    gsxr1000 I really don't know never ran one.
    little motors do wonders with turbo chargers and NOS.

Originally posted by jammergsxr

Don't know much about cars do ya bro.?Yes my neon will out run my 919 a
    gsxr1000 I really don't know never ran one.
    little motors do wonders with turbo chargers and NOS.
    haha actually i drag my 74 vette. and my dad has a 69 chevelle al motor close to 600hp. thats all i used to do is race and build motors with my dad. well bro if you have your streetable neon that can run 0-60 in less than 3 seconds i would say yeah you could beat the bike but i dont see that happening. if you can prove it somehow scan your E.T. times from a track. that would be good proof. you must obviously baby the bike or whoever you raced that was on it cant ride. cause it should never beat the bike. just my opinion
    JLI

Actually I'm talking quarter mile times,I don't know why you keep bringing up 0-60 times(big difference).I was the rider on the bike( And yes I know how to ride)And I was the driver of the car.Then compared time sheets.I'll try and dig them up and post them The bike ran mid 11's,the car ran low11's.But either way you look at it the bikes a better value,Bone stock running mid 11's and a 00 neon thats had more money than I hate to think about in it running a few tenths of a second faster.
    But if you really want some proof I live here in ohio and if you would like we could meet up at Muncie dragway when test and tune is underway and I'd be more than happy to go toe to toe with your vette.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by big N
    hey G ,that think look liek it camme stright outta fast in the furious ,putting a couple grand to car that cost 5 gran is useless and stupid ,u put more money in the car then the car is worth its elf then if u wanna sell it ur skrewed,and no matter wht u put into it its still goona me a 4 cylinder riceburner!have a rice day !

LMFAO....tell it like it is big N......lol

Here are some stock numbers for the Suzuki line-up:

Bike---------/Issue---/Quarter Mile---/60-80/80-100/Top Speed
    GSX-R600 ('01) 6/02 10.74 @ 127.06 4.79 5.33 157
    GSX-R750 ('00) 12/00 10.26 @ 135.6 4.11 4.34 172
    GSX-R1000 ('02) 8/02 9.92 @ 144.96 2.83 3.01 177

Take for example my GSX-R600. Bike cost me $7999. Talk about bang for the buck. A sub-11 second ride, 0-60 below 3 seconds, top speed close to 160. Now the 1000, damn.... if only insurance companies weren't such pole-smokers, I could afford the liter bike.

Here's the link incase anyone thinks I pulled the numbers from my ass

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_perf_nums/#suzuki

Yeah,thats crazy the way insurance bites ya.I couldn't get insurance for a gsxr1000 for under 1800.00 a year (the bike I wanted).So I settled for the 919 around 550.00 a year until they relize it's just a stripped down rocket then it'll probably go up!

Hell according to that link the CB900F..AKA 919..ran
    [email protected] I had it at mid 11's,hell compared to thier factory rider not toooo bad!

chevy44 is offline Member
    well i drive a chevy camaro, v6, 5 spd. shes my first car! and i love her but i am in the process of buying another chevy camaro, v8 6 spd, after test driving that bad boy today, i fell in love!! and shell be mine tomorrow!!!!!!!!

BIG-G is offline Banned
    red ketchup, that is one beauty! Had a friend or 2 ownin a g national, he beat the piss out of it. I wish i had the dough to rebuild my car the way i want to but i gotta be honest, my prelude aint gonna be fast, but she'll just be my car again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information