Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Former US Military Call Up

Drop your cocks and grab your socks!

Anyone know anyone getting recalled or some status on this right now? I just had a buddy recalled back to the Marines - after being out for a couple years. His involuntary orders are for a minimum one year - possible many more I also hear there is an admin hold on inactive reservist trying to reenlist to another branch...

The f'ed up thing is if you ask to go back after being out - they take away some rank... when they tell you to go back, you keep your previous discharge rank Send me some orders Uncle Sam - I'll go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Former US Military Call Up-devildog.gif  

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    My brother is on "notice". They told him he could be called back as soon as he's done w/ college which will be this may.
    So he's not a happy camper to say the least...

David B. is offline Member
    A friend in Oregon had been in The Army for 12 years, got out a couple of years ago, finished school, got married, got a house, got a new job, and then got called back last month. His bride of 8 months is not happy.

--dnb

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I tutor at a local high school, and the big news today was that a teacher who is also in the reserves has somehow been "called up" to the point that he will be going on leave from the school. I fully admit my ignorance as to how this facet of the military works, but I didn't know that a reservist, particularly one working in an environment that is essentially public service (imo), could just be called up like that.

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    After you get out of the military, if you did not complete a full 20 year career, you are on "inactive reserve" status for I believe 8 years. I was retired for medical reasons, or I think I would have been called back as well.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah - I did 5 years and still an inactive reservist ID holder till 2006. So, 5 years active - 4 inactive.

When you initially enlist it is usually for 4 years - but they stick that inactive time at the end where they still got your number if they need you... my original contract was 4 years active duty and then 4 years inactive reservist.

But it sounds like they are deffinitly starting to pull some of the former AD's back in... and my buddy is also engaged, and his fiancee is also not very happy with his sudden orders...

calidude is offline Senior Member
    OOH RAH I"M READY

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I'll gladly go back in. In fact for about a year now I've been in the process of having the Naval Medical Review Board look at my case and see if I can get back in.

Thread Information