TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

Angry bussing tables sucks!!!

any1 bus tables? i started yesterday, i hate it, its so dirty. all these people are fuckin slobs and leave shit everywhere, i need to find a new job ASAP. sorry i just had to get that out.......

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I did it from age 13 - 17. It was the worst thing I have ever done, I used to have nightmares about it when I went home, but the 100$ a night was damn good for someone my age. Plus the money was "under the table" But I feel your pain.

Pain

justme is offline Associate Member
    been there done that from 15 - 23 worked in the same restaurant, dishwasher - to prepcook - to busboy -to cook - to waiter.

Its not bad bussing tables if your working in a halfway decent restaurant.

What I find funny is the lack of respect for restaurant employee's in North America. I say this because I saw a show on employment in Europe and waiters / restaurant staff were treated as a respected career.

SLUMPBUSTR is offline Associate Member
    bro, i bussed talbes for about 4-5 weeks and it sucked. i was planning on quitting anyways but one morning when i i opened the boss gave me some shit and i told him to fuck off and left. NEVER AGAIN will i do that. now i sit on the computer all day.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I bussed at a banquet hall for like 2.5 years. Speaking of respect, there is a couple things i have noticed. Italians were respectful, the only bad thing was they drank a ton, so there was always shitloads of glasses but thats alright. Pretty much all the other "white" parties, the ppl were very respectful, clean, etc., and usually always say plz, thank you, etc. and i never minded workin those parties. The worst are chaldeans, more specifically, the chaldean men. Now, i know most of their homes are pretty neat and clean,etc. But they are a busboy's nightmare, u wouldn't beleive what they do to those tables until you have to clean up after them, mind you, these are grown men. Absolute slobs. Very rarely do you hear them say plz,thank you,"when u get a chance" which i don't mind if they say it or not, but usually they say now, or get it,etc. I have countless stories you wouldn't beleive. On the other hand they are the best and worst tippers.

Anyways, i don't mean to come off racist, i hate all races equally. But you would draw the same exact conclusions had you worked as a busboy at a banquet hall.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by saboudian
    I bussed at a banquet hall for like 2.5 years. Speaking of respect, there is a couple things i have noticed. Italians were respectful, the only bad thing was they drank a ton, so there was always shitloads of glasses but thats alright. Pretty much all the other "white" parties, the ppl were very respectful, clean, etc., and usually always say plz, thank you, etc. and i never minded workin those parties. The worst are chaldeans, more specifically, the chaldean men. Now, i know most of their homes are pretty neat and clean,etc. But they are a busboy's nightmare, u wouldn't beleive what they do to those tables until you have to clean up after them, mind you, these are grown men. Absolute slobs. Very rarely do you hear them say plz,thank you,"when u get a chance" which i don't mind if they say it or not, but usually they say now, or get it,etc. I have countless stories you wouldn't beleive. On the other hand they are the best and worst tippers.

Anyways, i don't mean to come off racist, i hate all races equally. But you would draw the same exact conclusions had you worked as a busboy at a banquet hall.

ok, you made me feel really stupid for a second and then i realized that 90% of the board probably has no clue who/what a chaldean is

i found this link
    http://www.members.aol.com/chaldeans7/history.html

Thread Information