PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Seattle Seahawks Football player gets suspended for STEROID USE!!

I don't know the details, from his mug shot...he looks pretty thick...Anyone know any more details on this, come on PT...you got news articles EVERY DAY on this stuff.

I went to ESPN.com and couldn't find anything.

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    Springs out 4 games for violating NFL's steroid policy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Shawn Springs has been suspended four games for a violation of the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances, a league spokesman confirmed Tuesday night for ESPN.com.

Springs, 26, will miss this Sunday's home game against San Diego and then games at Denver (Dec. 9), against Dallas (Dec. 16) and at the New York Giants (Dec. 23). He will be eligible to return to the eligible roster on Dec. 24, meaning he could play in the final two games of the season.

The five-year veteran will be docked four game checks, or about $355,555, based on his 2001 base salary of $1.6 million. During the term of the suspension, Springs cannot work out at the Seahawks facility or be in contact with team officials.

Unlike the league's substance abuse policy, commissioner P:aul Tagliabue can suspend a player for his first violation of the steroid guidelines.

A first-round pick in the 1997 draft, and the third player selected overall, Springs missed the first month of this campaign rehabilitating from a severe hamstring injury suffered in the preseason. There was speculation Tuesday night that Springs may have turned to the steroids to help recover from the hamstring injury.

League confidentiality guidelines prohibit NFL or team officials from commenting on the suspension in specifics or on the timing of the positive test. But a source close to Springs said he was "shocked" by the suspension.

Neither the star cornerback nor his agent, Eugene Parker, could be reached for reaction and team officials had no immediate comment.

Springs has been a starter since his rookie season. He has played in 65 games and started 64 of them, and has 292 tackles, 16 interceptions and 60 passes defensed. He was named to the Pro Bowl team for the 1998 season.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    couldnt have looked to hard PPP...

ptbyjason Guest
    damn, he beat me to it.

See, he should have been on the board, I could have helped him beat the steroid test.

NubianBeauty is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by ptbyjason
    damn, he beat me to it.

See, he should have been on the board, I could have helped him beat the steroid test.
    LOL!!

NubianBeauty is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by cnyce89
    A first-round pick in the 1997 draft, and the third player selected overall, Springs missed the first month of this campaign rehabilitating from a severe hamstring injury suffered in the preseason. There was speculation Tuesday night that Springs may have turned to the steroids to help recover from the hamstring injury.
    Yeah right

Originally posted by cnyce89
    couldnt have looked to hard PPP...
    I was gonna say good job...but now I'd rather say DO YOU WANNA FIGHT?! Cocky sumbitch.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Anything for a Bro . . .

But only if he told us what his cycle was.

ptbyjason Guest

Re: Anything for a Bro . . .

Originally posted by TNT

Nah, I could help him either way, but I would definitely love to hear what his cycle was. That would be interesting.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Anything for a Bro . . .

Originally posted by TNT
    Maybe its just me, but it seems like pro athletes always get caught on one of two steroids : Deca and Winny. I'd be willing to bet that it was one of the two in this case too.

ptbyjason Guest
    There are many that they test for, would you like to know which ones they test for specifically?

There are many that they test for, would you like to know which ones they test for specifically?
    Why yes..Yes I would sir!

ptbyjason Guest
    Deleted by PTbyJason

Good to know!

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    so many of those guys juice. how do they not get caught more often?

Tagliabue wants his player's bigger and stronger every year, he wants it...they deliver. However, he must have something against Mr. Springs to bust him, because I'm betting my arse that at least 50% of the players have tried AS.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i'll bet that 75% of players have tried it, with the remaining 25% being quaterbacks, kickers, and punters. i went to a D1AA and our players got juiced up. i have a friend that plays linebacker fo the colts now and he started juicing exactly one week after his last college game. i know those guys are freaks, but to be 255 with 7% b/f and be able to run a 4.4 fourty, bench 500 and squat 600....that's a freak on juice

Thread Information