Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    This is true - another major concern for the French, Germans and Russians is that when we find these various weapons - they will have "made in FRance, Germany, Russia" written on them

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by CYCLEON
    This is true - another major concern for the French, Germans and Russians is that when we find these various weapons - they will have "made in FRance, Germany, Russia" written on them
    This is exactly what's gonna happen!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    The country France and Germany exports the most goods to is Iraq. The yare afraid of war so they don't lose money
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Originally posted by Got Gear?
    Big-Texan: I'm not saying that Bush is some kind of Cowboy, I agree that something needs to be done about Saddam. The point I was making is that Bush gets into power and suddenly we have a war.

Daem: We must be reading different history books! The books I read say that basically the Allies were slowly winning the war. The US enters the war and speeds up the process by about 2 years. Either way, France put in more of a contribution than the US. Hell even Canada was in this war right from the beginning.

Lol... the US was waiting to see how far naziism was going to reach! I love it! It's the exact same thing the French are doing, cept the US is smart when they do it, but the French are unthankful cowards. It took a american tragedy for the US to help France. Why is it wrong if it happens the other way around?

Abstrack: I'm in awe of your post! Your logic makes absolutely no sence to me!!! First off, I was only compareing this to other wars in the aspect of allies helping. And pointed out that France has done alot more than the US. The americans killed 10,000 Nazis? The French killed 100,000. WWII was fought on their homeland and the French fought for 6 years? French women and children were killed.

Lol.. I love how you think the Japs didn't bring the war to your front door. That's the best part yet! I'm 100% sure that america would not have joined the war if it wasn't for the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Being sneaky? They bombed the shit out the US's largest military base. Sneeky my ass, that was a very well planned out and effective tactical strike. Not luck as you're trying to make it out like. The same thing that is going on now hey? HELLO? You do know the events that have led up to these 2 wars correct? Cause I see NOTHING similar!!!

Man you know how to get attention,
    Our Aliies was not winning the war before the U.S. got involved,We were lending them our troops way before Pearl Harbor was attacked.But I have to agree with you,It was Pearl Harbor that got us fully involved in the war.We did not just join to test our nuclear bombs,If we had not dropped those bombs we would have more than likely lost that war that was the turning point of the war.You are missing one BIG point!They begged us to aid them in WAR this is not what we was asking....we just wanted a vote....big fucking difference we lost so many american lives we ain't asking them to put up anything but a vote...

But it all doesn't matter anymore...WE are going to WAR,point blank nothing any bleeding heart liberals can do about it.I really hope all foriegn countries stop asking for our Aid after this I hope we pull our forces from thier countries,I hope all foriegn countries call thier families in the U.S. and ask them to come home...Hell we'd have money falling from our asses if everyone would stop asking us for Aid,I wish after the war we'd just take ownership of Iraq to make it worth our wild,kick thier ass and take thier gas is what I say!!It amazes ma how many people are so interested in the U.S. politics,YOU love to hate us,I couldn't tell you whats going on in Canada,France,Australia but everyone knows whats happening here......I'll make my point real clear and easy as to other countries...If our military is protecting you,If you our getting aid from the U.S.,If your counrty owes us mega-tons of money that you haven't even bothered to re-pay..yet you all have the nerve to bad mouth us,it's real easy .......stay off our dicks!

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have tried to pass over this post a dozen times because I knew after reading it I would be pissed as hell. Well, I was right.

I spent my youth over in Operation Desert Storm. I was a young Marine fighting for my country. I didn't care what the reason was because I was there to do my duty and defend this nation's interests. Yes, I knew it was over oil, and goods, and ousting Saddam and his regime but I didn't care though. I had a job to do and I was only concerned with getting me and my fellow Marines home alive to our family's.

What in the hell does WWII and the Japs have to do with this situation? Do you think the Marines, Sailors, and Soldiers over there right now are thinking about WWII? They just want to get home alive and be back with their wives, children, mother's father's, etc. I wish people would stop second guessing why we are there because the fact of the matter is it won't change anything. I feel it is disrespectful and wrong to Monday Morning quarterback a cause that our troops will certainly die over. I know people are voicing there opinion, and some disagree with Bush's actions, but unless you are getting ready to strap on a pack and pick up a weapon, keep the war bashing to yourself!!

For the record, I support Bush. He is making a move that is not as supported when we attacked in 1991. I think he is doing it for all the right reasons. Yes, some are financial, wars always have something to do with financial interests at some level. But the bottom line is Saddam is an evil person and the suffering he has caused on his own people and the threat he poses to the world can no longer be tolerated. He has had 12 years!!! How much more time do you think the guy really needs?? It is time for this and I hope all is resolved with a minimum loss of life on both sides...I, like Texan, wish I could be there instead of being safely tucked away in my office..God bless our country and troops!!

Doc M
    Last edited by Doc M; 03-19-2003 at 09:13 PM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Doc M
    I have tried to pass over this post a dozen times because I knew after reading it I would be pissed as hell. Well, I was right.

I spent my youth over in Operation Desert Storm. I was a young Marine fighting for my country. I didn't care what the reason was because I was there to do my duty and defend this nation's interests. Yes, I knew it was over oil, and goods, and ousting Saddam. I didn't care though. I had a job to do and I was only concerned with getting me and my fellow Marines home alive to our family's.

What in the hell does WWII and the Japs have to do with this situation? Do you think the Marines, Sailors, and Soldiers over there right now are thinking about WWII? They just want to get home alive and be back with their wives, children, mother's father's, etc. I wish people would stop second guessing why we are there because the fact of the matter is it won't change anything. I feel it is disrespectful and wrong to Monday Morning quarterback a cause that our troops will certainly die over. I know people are voicing there opinion and some disagree with Bush's actions, but unless you are getting ready to strap on a pack and pick up a weapon, then keep the war bashing to yourself!!

For the record, I support Bush. He is making a move that is not as supported when we attacked in 1991. I think he is doing it for all the right reasons. Yes some are financial, wars always have something to do with financial interests at some level. But the bottom line is Saddam is an evil person and the suffering he has caused on his own people and the threat he poses to the world, can no longer be tolerated. He has had 12 years!!! How much more time do you think the guy really needs?? It is time for this and I hope all is resolved with a minimum loss of life on both sides...I like Texan wish I could be there instead of being safely tucked away in my office..God bless our country and troops!!

Doc M
    AMEN Doc.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information