awms is offline Senior Member

What are you max stats?

Im a bodybuilder so I usually lift in the 6-15 rep range and dont work on strength but w.e il post for the hell of it.

Im 190lbs

Bench max: 315lbs
    Dead lift: 505lbs
    squat: 315lbs

I could possibly do more but this is what recently tired after working with high reps for a while.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    ahhh shit..... I have no clue.....

I use dumbells to bench mostly..... 125l-130lbs ea usually. Squats I just use a hackswuat machine and leg press for mass builders. Barbell squats tear my knee up as it's bone on bone......

I admittedly havn't deadlifted in quite a while..... was around 495 or so I believe..... probably not even close to that now.

I try to get about 10-12 reps for most stuff.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    weight - 170
    bench - 295-330
    squat - 425- 465
    deadlift - 550 - 600
    chinup- + 120

How many of you guys go ass the the grass on squats? its seems like in powerlifting once you hit 90 degrees they back up? I go down as far as I can go.

Quote Originally Posted by lifter65 View Post
    weight - 170
    bench - 295-330
    squat - 425- 465
    deadlift - 550 - 600
    chinup- + 120
    Wow good job man! how tall are you?? at 170 thats some heavy weight to be lifting! unless your really short?

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    12" soft, 24" hard

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    I don't believe anybodys lifts until you post a vid

Quote Originally Posted by Bigd89 View Post
    I don't believe anybodys lifts until you post a vid
    Amen LMAO!

I love when people ask me how much I bench..... I tell em I have no idea. The only weight I really keep track of is my shoulder lifts..... I like big bowling ball shoulders Side lateral 50lbs..... gettin there......

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Thats true alot of guys do lie...its like when you meet a guy in the gym whos 140lbs soaking wet, doing curls in the squat rack says to you "I use to bench 300lbs last year but I hurt my shoulder...I was jacked!" lol love that line! I remember way back in highschool this kid went around highschool telling people he maxed 365lbs on bench and that they were pussies for only being able to put up 185 lol I worked out with him one time and could hardly get 205 off the rack haha he told me his shoulder hurt or some bull shit lol

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    Wow good job man! how tall are you?? at 170 thats some heavy weight to be lifting! unless your really short?
    Or full of shit.

From my experience, most people who claim they have huge lifts (most of the time even reasonably high lifts) do 1/2 or 1/4 reps. I workout at a regular 24 (not a golds gym like I used to) and I am the only one who puts more than 3 plates on the squat bar. I am not strong and never claim to be but most of the time the people who do are fos.

There are always exceptions but 90% of the time its true.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Or full of shit.

From my experience, most people who claim they have huge lifts (most of the time even reasonably high lifts) do 1/2 or 1/4 reps. I workout at a regular 24 (not a golds gym like I used to) and I am the only one who puts more than 3 plates on the squat bar. I am not strong and never claim to be but most of the time the people who do are fos.

There are always exceptions but 90% of the time its true.
    Agreed! Plus some people's definitions of different lifts are open to interpretation. Some guys don't go all the way down when they bench, some guys only go 90 degrees when they squat, some people go half way down when they shoulder press. So whatever people post really doesn't matter unless you're a competitive weightlifter/powerlifter/strongman where absolute poundages matter.

i do go down as far as possible on squats, and im 5'7, there is a video on youtube of me but its under someone elses name who is a chairman for the powerlifting fed that i lift in, but im not comfortable giving my name out

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Only thing I've ever came close to maxing is flat bench. Most I've ever done was 275 for 3 reps. I was just under 190lbs at the time. If I tried a three rep max now it'd prolly be around 245 if I'm lucky.

stpete is offline Banned
    At 42 years old i RARELY max. My max lifts are usually in the 4-5 rep range. I do like flat bench db's though, and when i go heavy i usually press 130's for 4-5 reps after some warm ups. That's good enough for me.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Weight: 168
    Bf:8%
    Bench:615x2
    Deadlift:885
    Squat:855 only to parallel I have knee problems.

Haven't maxed in a while. Did these lifts the day before my bodybuilding show on an empty stomach. I would have got them on video but I lost the charger to my camera.

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alexisthrowed View Post
    weight: 168
    bf:8%
    bench:615x2
    deadlift:885
    squat:855 only to parallel i have knee problems.

Haven't maxed in a while. Did these lifts the day before my bodybuilding show on an empty stomach. I would have got them on video but i lost the charger to my camera.
    ok.............

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post

Haven't maxed in a while. Did these lifts the day before my bodybuilding show on an empty stomach. I would have got them on video but I lost the charger to my camera.
    haha, yeah I did those lifts at 150@2%, pushed out ten reps. I'll post a video I just dont know how to upload yet.

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    weight 210
    bench 425
    squat 515
    dead ? not sure never go heavy

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    I never do max, I do what it takes to get my last rep in the range I want.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    age 30
    weight 310lbs
    bench 455lbs
    squat 600lbs
    deadlift 720lbs
    clean and press 315lbs (im a terrible presser!)

Quote Originally Posted by alexISthrowed View Post

You do realize that if what you are saying is true you would be the greatest power litter that ever lived for your weight class

Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    You do realize that if what you are saying is true you would be the greatest power litter that ever lived for your weight class
    lol hes joking man

Quote Originally Posted by lifter65 View Post
    lol hes joking man
    ha ha now i feel dumb

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    At 42 years old i RARELY max. My max lifts are usually in the 4-5 rep range. I do like flat bench db's though, and when i go heavy i usually press 130's for 4-5 reps after some warm ups. That's good enough for me.
    fvck man.... i'm 27 and don't feel much need to do more than 130lb dumbells. Bodybuilding isn't about how much you can lift..... its about what you look like. 130lb dumbells still stress the muscles enough for me to grow..... thats all that matters. Why risk tearing a pec?

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    fvck man.... i'm 27 and don't feel much need to do more than 130lb dumbells. Bodybuilding isn't about how much you can lift..... its about what you look like. 130lb dumbells still stress the muscles enough for me to grow..... thats all that matters. Why risk tearing a pec?

~Haz~
    I think 130 dumbell press is respectable haz

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I bench solo, no spotter, so i never go for max anything. we have a cheap bench in our gym, and I had something like (250lbs?) on the bar (hard to tell, all the weights are in kg, and i really don't care anyways). but after about the 4th rep, the bench got kinda wobbly at the top, so I said fuk it and just racked it.

to me, it's all just numbers anways, and in the past, I chased the big numbers. then my form started going to sh1t, and ran into trouble by overstraining the wrong muscles. So fuk the ego, and who cares about the big numbers. I just focus on form, keep my reps in a decent range (6 to 12 or so). And i try not to do that very laaaast rep, the one where I'm shaking so bad that it feels like my eyeballs are going to pop out. But I'm almost 50 my lads, and you guys are just kids, so do what's right for you.
    Last edited by Times Roman; 06-11-2011 at 06:40 AM.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Egos are really F'in this thread up man!

184lbs @ 5'8

Bench: 320
    Squat: um...bench is more
    Deadlifts: never
    Curls: 85 (for workout)

Those are honest. Oh, and i hate squating...really jacks my knees up!

Quote Originally Posted by yungone501;5665***
    Egos are really F'in this thread up man!

184lbs @ 5'8

Bench: 320
    Squat: um...bench is more
    Deadlifts: never
    Curls: 85 (for workout)

Those are honest. Oh, and i hate squating...really jacks my knees up!
    yep. me too. I do leg presses instead.

My forte has usually been one armed curls (no spotter needed for safety), so in the past, I could push it. Last year, before I got hurt, i was up to reps of 80lbs... not bad for an old fart?

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

~Haz~
    Well that's exactly what i'm saying. I could probably get 150's for 2 reps but like you said, why take the risk? Pushing big weight around used to be important to me but that was just my ego and me testing myself. Now, i typically do all exercises in the 10-15 rep range (but sometimes i'll do stupid stuff like seeing if i can curl the olympic bar 50-75 times) for 4-5 weeks then i'll go heavier for 1 week on all exercises just to mix things up and see where i'm at. Super sets, Giant sets, their all included.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    yep. me too. I do leg presses instead.

My forte has usually been one armed curls (no spotter needed for safety), so in the past, I could push it. Last year, before I got hurt, i was up to reps of 80lbs... not bad for an old fart?
    And that's why you got hurt.... Stop lifting so heavy, you/we are old and break more easy..

I agree with a lot of the post. I have NO idea. I do a few max reps dumbbell curls with 50s. My max bench is 4+ reps with 250 lbs? Maybe it's only 240 lbs? I hurt my shoulder several years ago with dumbbell bench 110s, not sure how many. I only remember it hurt later and has hurt ever since.

I do some deads but light due to 3 ruptured disk. Leg press is better but only around 300 lbs+

If I can get the size I want lifting lighter I'm all for it but I dont think so. I just try to go up SLOW...

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    And that's why you got hurt.... Stop lifting so heavy, you/we are old and break more easy..

I agree with a lot of the post. I have NO idea. I do a few max reps dumbbell curls with 50s. My max bench is 4+ reps with 250 lbs? Maybe it's only 240 lbs? I hurt my shoulder several years ago with dumbbell bench 110s, not sure how many. I only remember it hurt later and has hurt ever since.

I do some deads but light due to 3 ruptured disk. Leg press is better but only around 300 lbs+

If I can get the size I want lifting lighter I'm all for it but I dont think so. I just try to go up SLOW...
    well, i've done a total rethink since getting hurt. you are 110% correct about the concerns those our age should have when working out.

I get a lot of comments about how fit I look, blah blah blah.... one of these years, it will be along with the phrase "for your age...." but I'm not there yet.

I walked into ops this morning, and these kids, 25 to 30 yrs old were doing pushups. So I ask, what's the bet gentlemen? they are like, huh? So I pull a 20 out my wallet and say let's make things interesting. Everyone stick a 20 up, and whoever does the most "correct" pushups takes all.

Chicken shits! Never let an old man fuk with you like that. Always stick the 20 on the table.... (he could user the money!!)

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    well, i've done a total rethink since getting hurt. you are 110% correct about the concerns those our age should have when working out.
    I have to remind myself all the time...especially while on. I get into that mode of heavier, heavier then something always happens and im pissed at myself. I started doing a lot of stretching before training and taking a solid week off when I know my body is to the point of going to far. Its worked well, shoulders dont hurt, back isnt tight. You cant be a hero in the gym if you can get in there to train.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

X83
    X83 is offline Member
    5'8"@174-lbs.

Bench: 270-lbs… It would be a bit higher but I pulled a peck last month.
    Squat: Never.... I eat too much broccoli and would blow a hole through my shorts.
    Deadlifts: Never.... I'm trying to save my lower spinal disk for stuff like walking.
    Preacher Curls: 132.8-lbs for workout about 152.8-lbs max.
    Leg Press: 450-lbs@90-degrees.

doxmaster is offline Associate Member
    6' had random weights that I did best do to injuries
    bench: 205 weighing 170
    deadlift: 330 at 168
    squat: never maxed got 215 x 6
    millitary press 185 weighing 180

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

I get a lot of comments about how fit I look, blah blah blah.... one of these years, it will be along with the phrase "for your age...." but I'm not there yet.

I walked into ops this morning, and these kids, 25 to 30 yrs old were doing pushups. So I ask, what's the bet gentlemen? they are like, huh? So I pull a 20 out my wallet and say let's make things interesting. Everyone stick a 20 up, and whoever does the most "correct" pushups takes all.

Chicken shits! Never let an old man fuk with you like that. Always stick the 20 on the table.... (he could user the money!!)
    Yeah it's fun to go someplace where the boys are and given the chance to show what you got a little watching their jaws drop.
    I was in the Philippines almost 2 years ago with the GF. We had just gotten back from a little island resort for the weekend and were waiting for a ride. The area we where in was a little remote and I saw a group of young boys not to far from us looking our way and obviously making some plans. You know how you get a feeling sometimes and know there is going to be trouble? They are typical 16-19 yr 120 lb scrawny Asian kids. From their distance all they saw was an Asian girl with an older Foreigner. I'm sure in their mind they are thinking it's an easy roll to make a few bucks. As they are coming a little closer (for no apparent reason) I had already given the GF a heads up. I casually took my 2nd layer shirt off, semi long sleeve leaving only my tank top. It was funny to watch them stop dead in their tracks, start talking and walking away from us in the other direction. LOL I got asked at least 5x a day if I was a boxer or MMA LOL

Like you said, dont under estimate us old guys. Now I need to get my chin ups back up to 30 someday but I am 40lbs heavier than I was back then.

Thread Information